PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood clinic in Wisconsin fire-bombed; officials say damage was minimal

gazzthompson
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Organizations that provide abortion services, such as Planned Parenthood, have long been targets of antiabortion violence, with instances of vandalism, assault, arson and even murder at offices and clinics.

One of the most common attacks, however, is a simple incendiary device: firebombs.

Read more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/planned-parenthood-clinic-in-wisconsin-fire-bombed/2012/04/02/gIQASCXWrS_blog.html

Christian terrorism?

bbatz
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Murder on offices?

Typical of some conservative figures out there.

They scream 'murder' when an abortion is done, at same time, are totally ok with stuff such as death penalty.

jamieooh
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Gazz, that's sounds like terrorism to me.

nastyleg
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
It is terrorism.

eaglethebeagle
04-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Well I would suggest this is a very long reach. First, unless I missed it I dont see any information suggest any Christian had something to do with this. This is also a poor comparison to islamic terrorism. I have attended church my entire life in both Catholic and Baptist churches. In that entire time never I repeat never have I heard any Christian leader promote any act of murder or terrorism. Now to the opposite of that I have in fact witnessed islamic imams directing their followers of acts of terrorism. So really not a very good attempt toblame a Christian for a random act against a clinic. Christianity does not promote terrorism. Read the Bible it would help you understand Christianity. The article mentions a homeless man was guilty of an attack. Terrorism is taught and preached in islamic mosque around the world but never has any Christian church promoted terror. Its that simple. If you ever locate a priest, preacher or Christian leader preaching terrorism or murder please post it. There are multiple videos here at AC of islamic leaders preaching murder and terror. Its all very simple now I hope.

nastyleg
04-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I've said it once Ill say it again. Extremist Christians do exist, Quakers, Amish, Ted Kazinski types. While it is hard to accept they do kill. There are those who promote violence. The main difference is Christians are quick to denounce and not rejoice when acts like this happen.

eaglethebeagle
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM
I've said it once Ill say it again. Extremist Christians do exist, Quakers, Amish, Ted Kazinski types. While it is hard to accept they do kill. There are those who promote violence. The main difference is Christians are quick to denounce and not rejoice when acts like this happen.

LOL Are you comparing quakers and amish to the taliban or islamic terrorism? Seriously? That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. Thanks:lol:

Mel
04-03-2012, 08:12 PM
LOL Are you comparing quakers and amish to the taliban or islamic terrorism? Seriously? That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. Thanks:lol:

That's not what he said....Nasty said Extremist,Never once did he compare them to the taliban or islamic terrorist.

eaglethebeagle
04-03-2012, 09:10 PM
"Extremist Christians do exist, Quakers, Amish, Ted Kazinski types." Followed by "While it is hard to accept they do kill." Really the amish and quakers are terrorist like who then if not the taliban and islamic terrorist?

I think a retraction or clarification is needed for sure. The last I checked I have never heard of Amish hijacking planes and flying them into downtown New York or bombing trains in Madrid or buses in London. Please I just want to be informed on what I am missing. Please I am being honest I just want more information. Please list or attach historical events that show amish or quakers committing acts of terrorism.

This is fair to ask if you are going to state it I think. Ted Kazinksi wasn't Christian so I miss that connection but including him with amish and quakers as extremist Christians is clear on what point he was making.

So again I will say it please attach or link these extreme Christians and their terrorism. I want more knowledge so either I am better informed or have a better understanding that I am missing right now.

thanks

jamieooh
04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Edward D. Gingerich: The Only Amish Man Convicted of Murder http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/gingerich/1.html
I made it to page 3 . I'm done. I did not get to why he did it.

BrendenF11
04-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Ok, the Serbian Orthodox church in the former Yugoslavian states. Here is an article on how much involvement and influence they had over the serbs, I'll do some more digging to see if I can find some of the other sources, and furthering the ultra nationalist, anti muslim feelings in Serbia during the conflict. I am in no way defending any muslim mujahadeen fights in anyway but genocide is not justifiable under any terms on either side.

http://www.uibk.ac.at/peacestudies/downloads/peacelibrary/scapegoat.pdf

Also look into Greek and Russian "crusaders" that participated in the Bosnian war. They may not have been state sanctioned, but they were radicals of the christian faith who went to wage war on the muslims of Bosnia.

They all equate to about the same thing as islamic terrorism today, the Servian orthodox church did it in a more private and not so direct approach as the muslim fanatics do today. It is an example though.

Former Rev. Paul Jennings Hill, also killed two people at an abortion clinic in the mid 90's. He was a rev. when he was excommunicated at some point for his affiliation with the Army of God, a right wing christian group against abortions who I think is also on the list of US government Terrorist groups.

Extremist groups exist on all sides, and it is quite unfortunate.

nastyleg
04-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Clarification Amish and Quakers are religious extremists. 99.9% of them are non violent but are still extremist in thier interpretation of the bible. Believe me you will not see a Quaker pick up a suicide vest and go bomb a church. Yeah don't know how Ted got in there but he he just popped into my head. In the great words of Homer Simpson, shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip.

goinloco1
04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Well I would suggest this is a very long reach. First, unless I missed it I dont see any information suggest any Christian had something to do with this. This is also a poor comparison to islamic terrorism. I have attended church my entire life in both Catholic and Baptist churches. In that entire time never I repeat never have I heard any Christian leader promote any act of murder or terrorism. Now to the opposite of that I have in fact witnessed islamic imams directing their followers of acts of terrorism. So really not a very good attempt toblame a Christian for a random act against a clinic. Christianity does not promote terrorism. Read the Bible it would help you understand Christianity. The article mentions a homeless man was guilty of an attack. Terrorism is taught and preached in islamic mosque around the world but never has any Christian church promoted terror. Its that simple. If you ever locate a priest, preacher or Christian leader preaching terrorism or murder please post it. There are multiple videos here at AC of islamic leaders preaching murder and terror. Its all very simple now I hope.

are you sure you've never heard of not even one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

gazzthompson
04-04-2012, 03:45 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

The number of attacks/murders etc is shockingly high,might not all be Christian tho.