PDA

View Full Version : 3-star ripped for presentation referencing God

jamieooh
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
3-star ripped for presentation referencing God

By Markeshia Ricks - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Feb 17, 2012 17:23:05 EST

Air Force Lt. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins, the new head of the Defense Information Systems Agency, is under fire for a commander’s call Wednesday that included references to God. But Hawkins, who just took over the directorship of DISA in January, said his presentation has been taken out of context.

As part of an all-hands meeting with DISA employees, Hawkins apparently showed a power point presentation that contained two slides titled “Ronnie’s Rules” that outline 18 priorites, the first and last of which are “Always put God first, and stay within His will” and “Always remember God is good — all the time!”

Hawkins said in a response to a query from Air Force Times that he stated at the all-hands meeting that “Ronnie’s Rules” were his personal road map for living and he has used it since he was a captain. He said he tries to live by these rules every day.

“Those two slides, in particular ...were in no way a directive or expectation I have for our dedicated men and women,” said Hawkins, who previously served as deputy director of command control, communications and computer systems, Joint Staff at the Pentagon. “The rules are my own personal guide posts, or moral compass.”

All DISA employees apparently didn’t see the presentation the same way.

A DISA employee who witnessed the presentation spoke with Air Force Times under condition of anonymity. He said he was shocked that a senior leader would include such direct references to God in a commander’s call that in his opinion was held to say “I’m your new commander and this is what I expect of you.”

The employee said that he provided the presentation to the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a nonprofit advocacy group, “in hopes of saving lives.”

MRFF’s founder and president, Mikey Weinstein, is calling for Hawkins to be court-martialed for violating his oath to the Constitution. He said he is representing 21 employees at DISA.

The employee said what might seem like an ordinary presentation to Air Force employees can be easily obtained and used as propaganda in other countries — something he said a commander should know. People in Arab nations for example, might see Hawkins’ comments as a show of support toward one religion by the U.S. government, he said.

“If you’re a commander, you will be seen as speaking for the U.S. government whether you like it or not,” he said. “What you do goes out into world.”
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/02/military-3-star-presentation-reference-god-021712/

eaglethebeagle
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
So now we not only do not have freedom of religion but under no circumstance should you be Christian as it may hurt a muslims feeling.... Since when did our country denounce God in everything? I am not talking about separation of Church and State I am talking about allowing everyone to practice their religion as they see fit....This is an example and this mans religion is a part of who he is. If you promoted this man to this position and he is Christian that has everything to do with who he is.

To make people denounce or shame them from showing their religious faith is against our Constitution. If obama wants to kneel down and pray to allah in the White House he is allowed to do it. If this man wants to share his personal ideologies that have helped him be successful in his military career then so he should be able to.

This America is not the America which was founded and fought and died for. We are not the nation we were even 50 years ago. Too much PC bullshit and liberal appeasement. You cannon be freinds with everyone and you cannot survive be not standing for something. Watch the middle east rise up as they certainly stand for something and like Putin says there needs to be a counter balance to power. It was us against oppression and dictorial leadership but now we are no better than China or Russia.

Sixx
03-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Eagle, we are not the nation we were 10 years ago...our country is gone. There is nothing we can do but wait for this ticking time-bomb to go off.

Voting doesn't help as voter fraud and vote rigging is rampant. Politicians bought and sold to the highest bidder....

The only thing you have is your family, and that is worth dying for.
Are you ready to kill for your family's survival? Are you ready to kill another so-called American so that your children's children can live without fear and persecution?

I am, and I hope it never comes to it.....

eaglethebeagle
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Sixx it is sad that I sit here and look at our country and the politicians that represent us. I feel abandoned by my government. Not the military mind you but the government that is elected to lead us. They each have their own agenda and neither cares about the people but their political backers who pay them and get them elected.

I believe that this all can be changed that we can go back to how we once were. I think I know what it would take but there needs to be a catalyst that creates the momentum of this political revolution. There are people in government I respect like LTC Allen West. He follows the Tea Party and Republican ideals mostly but then if you are in politics you have to side with one side or the other or you never get elected or advance within the party.

I think he would be a great President if given the chance. I think he would distance and separate himself from some of his republican party ideals once he got elected. It is game that is played.

The down side is I am not sure how many others are out there with his intentions and integrity.