PDA

View Full Version : Truth

eaglethebeagle
02-05-2012, 04:14 AM
"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves."

eaglethebeagle
02-05-2012, 04:15 AM
The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist. -Winston Churchill

The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist.
Winston Churchill, as quoted in In The Highest Degree Odious : Detention Without Trial in Wartime Britain (1992), by A. W. B. Simpson

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nazism

Correct me if I am wrong but did our government not just pass this new law into action with the premise of it being to fight homeland terrorism?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/indefinite-military-detention-bill-passes_n_1152114.html

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey

"Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." John Quincy Adams

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." Samuel Adams

“We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth, peace, security, liberty, our family, our friends, our home. . .But when we look at our flag and behold it emblazoned with all our rights we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done.” Calvin Coolidge

"Of all the supervised conditions for life offered man, those under U S A's constitution have proved the best. Wherefore, be sure when you start modifying, corrupting or abrogating it."

"Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have."

"We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights."

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."

"Are you a politician who says to himself: "I will use my country for my own benefit?"
Or are you a devoted patriot, who whispers in the ear of his inner self: "I love to serve my country as a faithful servant?"

"I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot."

"We dare not forget that we are the heirs of that first revolution."

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"

eaglethebeagle
02-05-2012, 04:33 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-december-7-2011/arrested-development

jamieooh
02-05-2012, 07:12 AM
pretty sad when jon Leibowitz speaks about this more then the news. wonder if stephen colbert will start a super pac for this?
His audience is mostly college age so they actually got something close to an education during the episode of the daily Leibowitz show.

eaglethebeagle
02-05-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-december-7-2011/arrested-development---one-way-train-to-gitmo