PDA

View Full Version : Sneering thug charged in Brooklyn cop shooting

jamieooh
02-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Sneering thug charged in Brooklyn cop shooting
By KIERAN CROWLEY, LORENA MONGELLI and BOB FREDERICKS

Last Updated: 6:46 PM, February 1, 2012

Posted: 11:22 AM, February 1, 2012

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cop_recovering_after_being_shot_002iFEoHUwXKXRe8db iKmN#ixzz1lBtgozEn

The thug who allegedly shot an NYPD officer in the head was charged tonight with attempted murder of a police officer, assault on a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon and menacing.

Luis “Baby” Ortiz, 21, sneered, "Take a picture of me" as he was walked from the 90th precinct for the arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court. He also made kissing noises and told his family, "I love you guys."

His sister started slamming the trunk of the unmarked car he was in with her fists and screaming “F--- the police” before she was hustled away.

The incident unfolded last night when cops saw three men running out of a building on Moore Street in Brooklyn and began chasing them, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.

Ortiz, who previously had been arrested by one of the responding officers, ran into the lobby of 370 Bushwick Ave., and Officer Kevin Brennan followed.

Cops later said Ortiz has been arrested 14 previous times and was under investigation for a New Year's Day murder.

The other cops, Officers Michael Burbridge and Christopher Mastoros, tried to follow, but the front door was locked.

Ortiz spun and fired two shots at Brennan, who was able to squeeze off a round, cops said.

Today, Brennan, 29, was recovering at Bellevue Hospital.

"It's a dangerous job," said relative Anthony Masi. "He's the greatest guy in the world."

Masi said Brennan, who lives in Garden City Park, LI, was conscious and talking.

"Heard he's talking. The wife's with him now," he said.

Kelly, earlier in the day, called Brennan's survival "a miracle."

"I visited him this morning. He is in and out of consciousness, mostly because of the morphine he's been given. It really is a miracle," he said.

Kelly said cops have video of the shooting.

"We saw film of this event this morning. We saw where the gun was held right up to the officer's head," he said.

"You see Ortiz with his arm around the officer’s head. He’s shot and he doesn’t move after he’s shot," he said.

Kelly said the bullet was "lodged" and never entered Brennan's skull.

"It was lodged between the skin and the skull," he said.

Brennan was taken to the hospital, where surgeons removed the entire slug from his skull, behind his right ear.

Brennan, who lives with his wife, Janet, and newborn daughter Maeve, is expected to make a full recovery.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cop_recovering_after_being_shot_002iFEoHUwXKXRe8db iKmN#ixzz1lBuCkYmm

DevilDog812
02-02-2012, 12:46 AM
what is he going to get? a year or 2 in jail and then walk free again? we need a 3 strikes you are out program, and this guy just got his 15th strike.

Benda
02-02-2012, 01:19 AM
And honestly, how the fck is his sister abusing the police ??

Much like this Country, there are cases like this where the death penalty really is the ONLY answer. IMO anyway.

nastyleg
02-02-2012, 04:29 AM
So why is this guy alive?!

Malice
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Truthfully they should be watching that "Family" pretty closely. If the sister feels that way and is brazen enough to beat on the trunk of a police car (she should also have been arrested) then my guess is most of the family feels that way. That is until they need the police and their protection.

I'm with Benda on this... the death penalty takes care of these wastes of space. It's a safe bet that him or his family has never contributed to our society in a positive way.

joelee
02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Malice, it's a shame to say, but I bet EVERYONE in that hood feels like that about the Police.
I hope he falls down 3 flights of stairs (in a 2 story building) :) Fucking douchebag.

Sixx
02-02-2012, 03:50 PM
@ Malice
What Joe said.....

All ghetto fucks are the same.....just a different city.

It's quite sad that our Nation is like this.
Motherfuckers do not want to work and use welfare to supplement their income from illegal drug sales

And it's not limited by race....

There is no rehabilitation, they all need a bullet to the back of the head....and make their families pay for the bullet and the executioner....then tax the shit out of it.
That'll fix our economic troubles.

Fuck em' all.

Jdubya
02-02-2012, 04:56 PM
That guy is a fucking piece of shit scumbag and so is his family. As Sixx said above, Fuck em' all.

Mel
02-04-2012, 01:31 AM
@ Malice
What Joe said.....

All ghetto fucks are the same.....just a different city.

It's quite sad that our Nation is like this.
Motherfuckers do not want to work and use welfare to supplement their income from illegal drug sales

And it's not limited by race....

There is no rehabilitation, they all need a bullet to the back of the head....and make their families pay for the bullet and the executioner....then tax the shit out of it.
That'll fix our economic troubles.

Fuck em' all.

Took the words right out of my mouth Sixx....When some one looses any respect for human life,I have but one thing to say to them :fu:

kumas1970
03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
thanks thanks thanks