PDA

View Full Version : woman shoots and kills intruder

jamieooh
01-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Sarah Stewart Reporting KFOR-TV

10:10 p.m. CST, January 1, 2012

BLANCHARD, Okla. -- An 18 year old Blanchard woman says she was forced to shoot and kill a man who was breaking into her home Saturday afternoon. Sarah Dawn McKinley was home alone with her three month old son at the time.

She says she heard a knock on her door and looked through the peephole to see two men, one of whom she'd met a couple times before.

"I saw that it was the same man. He had been here Thursday night and I had a bad feeling then," said McKinley.

McKinley says she moved her couch in front of the door, grabbed her son and her shotgun, called 911 and went in a back room.

She says for an agonizing 21 minutes, she listened to the men try to break in.

"He was from door to door trying to bust in, just going from door to door," said McKinley. "I waited till he got in the door. They said I couldn't shoot him until he was inside the house. So I waited until he got in the door and then I shot him."

McKinley says Justin Shane Martin was carrying a 12 inch hunting knife.

Blanchard police believe McKinley acted in self defense when she shot and killed 24 year old Martin.

"Oklahoma laws are clear on home defense. I think they're clear to most individuals that you can defend yourself in your home," said Detective Supervisor, Dan Huff, with the Blanchard Police Department.

The man with Martin at the time, 29 year old Dustin Louis Stewart, later turned himself in to Blanchard police.

He is currently awaiting arraignment.

McKinley belives Martin may have been stalking her.

She says two of her dogs turned up dead recently and a couple other suspicious things have happened around her home.

McKinley says she made the tough decision to shoot in order to protect her son. "There's nothing more dangerous than a mother with her baby. But I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for him."

McKinley had a tough end to 2011.

Her husband died of cancer on Christmas day.

She's hoping the new year is holding brighter things for her and her son.

"Maybe something a little better than last year," said McKinley.

http://www.ky3.com/news/kfor-blanchard-woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-20120101,0,1158996.story

SgtJim
01-04-2012, 06:41 AM
really good work!
and i hope this is a good example all of the m!@$#@!%#@$^&*
just one thing:
she called 911,
after that "She says for an agonizing 21 minutes, she listened to the men try to break in."

after 21 mins where're the police???????????

eaglethebeagle
01-04-2012, 10:14 AM
21 minutes for the police to arrive unfortunately is not uncommon especially in a rural area. She looks like she lives out in the woods. So that is my guess and also why you cant rely on the police when your life is on the line. This is how it should be and there should never be a government or organization trying to take away your right to protect yourself.

Thanks for the post here I will see if they will post it on the front page.

gazzthompson
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
What a hero. I hope this year is a lot better for her!

nastyleg
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
21minutes..........and to wait till he crossed the threshold of the house to take him out!? They need to look at that law again.

goinloco1
01-04-2012, 07:53 PM
21minutes..........and to wait till he crossed the threshold of the house to take him out!? They need to look at that law again.

Yep, and if they fall backward out the door you better drag their sorry ass in the house otherwise our great judicial system will go after you and his family can sue for everything you have. Stupid law, if intending to do harm and on your property you should be able to lay down lead no questions asked. Theives have it to easy while victims pay the price.