PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Bk5223
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Names Cory 19 years old been a member on Apacheclips for awhile so I decided to introduce myself. Joined the army couple months ago and choose 25b as my mos IT operator/analyst. Wasn't the job I was looking for, Was looking for 19D or even 11B but none of them were open. Only jobs they offered me were mechanic and water purification and the job I have now. But iv heard things about the jobs and im happy I chose it. Leave for basic april 2012 Fort Benning Georgia. If anybody has any tips I would like to know before I leave, Thanks.

ErisKillton
12-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome To AC !!

Thanks for your future service! :) and see ya around...
Eris

Bk5223
12-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks.

serpa6
12-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome to AC thanks for joining the greatest military in the world and your future service to your country and its people The only advice I can give you is listen to everything and do everything that your instructors tell you to do Listen to the NCO's during demos and live fire excersises Everything you learn and hear you will use someday To prepare yourself for Basic remember the ass clinch Factor is 10 Excercise and do all that you can whenever you have the time you will need it But after Basic you will be in the best shape of your entire life Keep it that way while serving there is always light at the end of the tunnel Your AIT training you still have to stay in shape Pass all that Then move onto your unit and stay in shape Then you must keep your eyes and ears open and listen to the combat vets remember everything they tell you YOU MIGHT HAVE TO USE IT SOMEDAY
Hooah
Serpa6

Benda
12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome

nastyleg
12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
What Serpa said.

Mel
12-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Welcome to AC Cory,Glad to have you aboard.Thank you in advance for your service.

goinloco1
01-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Don't volunteer for shit (unless its kp, cooks feed ya and treat ya right), keep your head down, learn everything about everything, learn your weapon from top to bottom (this is the one tool the army gives you with a myriad of uses and that can one day save your or someone elses life). Listen, learn, ask, and study while in basic and ait you can play after. Oh and on your dreamsheet of places to go, put down the biggest shitholes you can think of, that way you'll never see them in your career (i put down wainright and korea. never saw either in my 22 years)

Bk5223
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone.