PDA

View Full Version : What helmet camera do u recommend?

videojoy
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Hello, I didnt find the answer through search so pls dont beat me for the question.
I need a helmet camera use in SWAT operations. What do u recomend? I wanna know what cameras use soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq? And where I can buy it? I live in Russia Kaliningrad and in my city I can buy it nowhere, only from internet.
What bout VIO POV HD? Or maybe Replay XD 1080?

Sixx
12-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Www.helmetcameracentral.com

A lot of people like gopro cameras
But there are other good ones as well that are low profile and less bulky.

nastyleg
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the forums.

dizici35
12-17-2011, 05:34 AM
this is important!

videojoy
12-17-2011, 09:21 AM
I spend a lot of time and now I choose Contour+ action camera. Think it will be the most practice choice.

nastyleg
12-17-2011, 01:03 PM
this is important!

If you have a question and wanted it answered would you want us as moderators not to put our 2 cents in or would you rather your question be ridiculed? BTW this incase you can't tell is a warning not to troll. Dont think we didn't notice what you said.

videojoy
12-18-2011, 04:55 AM
I saw it in POV footage from Afghanistan. this helmet cam is ContourHD. Contour+ i think will be better quality of video and sound.
there r could be the photo but due my permissins to post images there r not.

but now i pay attension of Tachyon products. its small and nice!
oh my God it is very hard to choose!!!!!!

Dale08
12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I own a Contour HD and I have a friend that owns a GoPro. If you have any questions about either of them, then feel free to ask.

Benda
12-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I've been eyeing off the new GoPro cam for motocross purposes unfortunately have not been able to fork out the money yet

driftvl
02-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Have used a GoPro mounted to my vehicle and also out in the surf. I have been impressed with its quality and durability. Not sure about the bulkiness for your application though.

Harts510
09-18-2013, 01:22 PM
The Contour is definitely the best for tactical applications, due to it's low profile. It is a tube like camera as opposed to the square or rectangular form of the go pro. I have used mine for SIMS training, hunting and shooting at the range. There is also a quality aluminum mount made for it, that is made by another company. There is also other helmet/head mount options that work well.

When I ordered my picatinny mount I had a long wait because the company was filling an order for the US Navy-Seals perhaps?