PDA

View Full Version : AC fundraiser idea, I cracked it! try and ignore this one AC Bosses!

mickk
11-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Well I have had a lot of good ideas IMHO but little feedback from the hierarchy, so time to take matters into my own hands.

I am going to produce a poster. Posters have been used through history to garner support for the cause, why not now?

My idea is to have images of individual soldiers from the coalition forefront, on a battleground background, a more modern version of the ones produced during WW1 and WW2 for recruiting.

I could do this myself, but I want your input, HD pics for the Soldiers from different countries, background, explosions, choppers, an A10, a slogan, a dead Taliban, make it like a fucking insame WW2 movie poster if you like.

Imagine a huge collage like the old posters of the 70s, say 3 feet x 6 feet. Standard tube, cheap to post.

Numbered prints maybe? limited signed by Vets ones, maybe framed ones etc, can have AC title or not, open to all ideas. Maybe a few versions, each one slightly more in favour of a particular allied country?

We can all have some input, the final version can be a file given to someone in each country to get printed to minimise costs and maximisee profits, maybe turn it into a tshit, stubby holder who knows!

What do you all think? Im not giving up till I find a way to raise moolah for the site.

Start sending in images, slogans, links and any other ideas! Lets get this bastard off the ground and help support AC!

Markoxx
11-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Great Idea mickk, thanx alot for trying to help the page. your help is much appreciated. I will have a chat with Stark and the staff about this and see what ideas we can give you. or any type of help you will need.

mickk
11-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Hmm Im thinking images of the CMOH and VC winners, for a start, covers US, Aus, NZ, GB.

Stark
11-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow, great idea - And I am sorry for the limited reply from us

ErisKillton
11-19-2011, 09:13 AM
I love it.

serpa6
11-19-2011, 11:52 AM
One conversation I had with RIP its was about lazer tag if you know what I mean it will cover all allied countries as well as military units from Air force Army Navy Marines ;)

Scott
11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
that sounds awesome, i'd definitely be interested in getting one!

SgtJim
11-19-2011, 05:36 PM
I can help with pictures....
i've got all infos about the photographers, and i think we can take the copyrights
so, Mickk, i'll make a collection and I'll share with you

Windmill69
11-20-2011, 07:39 AM
I can help with pics aswell. To where should I send them?

mickk
11-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Good to see support for the idea, thanks you blokes. Yet to hear if AC wants to make this an official thing or just leave it as something we will create and distribute and just send a cheque to AC but did receive encouoraging reply from one of the mods. At $20 bucks a poster its a grand easy in profit, could sell a hundred no probs IMHO, thats a good coupla months of the server I think.

I havent grasped the laser idea, ploise explain! As to the email addy, we could use mine, but I think it would be good to set up an account on one of the pic hosting sites. We could all have access to images then, will make life a lot easier in the long run and make sure everyone can see whats going on.

So I need a volunteer to select a pic hosting site and create an account. No volunteers before the weekend and I shoot all you cowards or more likely will set up one myself and post access details here.

Once this is up and running, folders for ships, choppers, a/c, vehicles etc it will be easy to decide whats compulsory and whats not, let the pics design the landscape.

I think we can fit in all services, blue sky with AC, bit of sea with ships, bit of land with troops and stuff, do it easy. The devil will be in the detail. I got some vague memories of ww2 movie posters with a lot of action crammed in, I will see if I can find the ones Im thinking of.

We need a good slogan for the top or bottom, so need ideas there. I think once the images start to come in the imaginations will too and we will end up with a great poster.

This week I will do some research on printing companies and costs so we can get an idea of what is involved.

Open to all suggestions of course!

serpa6
11-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Lazer guided missles Lazin and Blazin ;)

SgtJim
11-22-2011, 05:26 AM
nah, in my first rounds, i collected 131 photos from my collection
all are hi-res, with IPTC datas......aka captions/descriptions...
i'll drop all of them to my server, and share with Mickk
i dont wanna post in the public -- it's my collection :) with the best ones -- just only with those people who are help in the poster project
Mickk i'll contact you soon, check your PM :D

mickk
11-23-2011, 03:19 AM
I checked out those pics, very nice. Just by that collection I think we will be able to get enough of the right pics.

Ive been looking at mobs that make the concert posters, they use a lot of colors as standard and will print anything waiting on some prices.

SgtJim
11-23-2011, 05:42 AM
just select which needed, tell me, and then i'll try to collect more infos about rights...etc