PDA

View Full Version : i'd got a traffic ticket today...

SgtJim
11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
in email!
from N.Y.P.D. !

check this out:

From:"N.Y. State Department of Motor Vehicles" <n.y. state department.of motor vehicles@nypolice.com>
Time Received:2011-11-03 11:59:54
Subject:UNIFORM TRAFFIC TICKET (ID:32167630)

New York State =97 Department of Motor Vehicles UNIFORM TRAFFIC TICKET (ID:01074309),
POLICE AGENCY NEW YORK STATE POLICE Local Police Code 8329

THE PERSON DESCRIBED ABOVE IS CHARGED AS FOLLOWS Time: 7:25 AM
Date of Offense: 10/10/2011 IN VIOLATION OF NYS V AND T LAW 4945
Description of Violation SPEED OVER 55 ZONE TO PLEAD,

PRINT OUT THE ENCLOSED TICKET AND SEND IT TO TOWN COURT, CHATAM H= ALL., PO BOX 117

:eusa_dance::lol::thumbup:
certainly it's got an attachment for opening and printing

just 2 little problem:

1., - i'm hungarian, and i wasn't in NY

2., - the mail sent from outlook express, and sent from JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur - India

ErisKillton
11-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Maybe its a scam Jim...

I hope nobody stole your identity!!! :(

SgtJim
11-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Maybe its a scam Jim...

I hope nobody stole your identity!!! :(

yes, of course, it is .... :D

you know, i'm an IT guy..........

eaglethebeagle
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
reply to it and tell them you will pay it through paypal and see what they say....LOL

then just let them wait for that payment from you LOL...... you will have more emails that stink on shit after that I bet.:hb:

nastyleg
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
reply to it and tell them you will pay it through paypal and see what they say....LOL

then just let them wait for that payment from you LOL...... you will have more emails that stink on shit after that I bet.:hb:

Dateline did something similar. To catch a con. They let a guy from west Africa waste money on a plane ticket to London so they could get him on tv and have him confess it was funny as Hell. Keep wasting thier time. This is a new one that I have yet to see. It seems like a twist on the bogus court summons that was going on a btrack years back. Funny thing is another pair of con artists from India call my house phone claiming to be looking for someone I have never heard of. I think it was the previous owners of the apt I am in now. However with the thick Indian accent I doubt they are legit. Just like the " Microsoft IT guy" con.

serpa6
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I worked for the Black Empire IE Microsoft in the Windows 2000 pro dept one license in MCE and the other A+ we strived a Security at Microsoft and that has Scam all over it I hope that email was scanned before it was opened to Sometime's it is just a distraction to get you to open it and you never know whats in it You be an IT should know what I am talking about Key logger spyware etc etc in with it not only being a Scam

Mel
11-04-2011, 08:44 PM
:lol: My wife got one of those too Jim.But hers was from Washington D.C.,and we live in Nebraska about 1500 miles away.

goinloco1
11-04-2011, 09:22 PM
i've gotten like 3 of these so far... all in my junk box. they send them out bulk to a crapload of people. its a big scam to get you to open the attached virus payload.
check it out on snopes.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/trafficticket.asp