PDA

View Full Version : Should there be an assault weapon ban?

Cruelbreed
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Well it seems that's the new thing, and it seems people like Hilary clinton are spewing misinformation about assault rifles in mexico in order to accomplish a ban. Ammo prices are going through the freaking roof from fear Obama would ban assault rifles. Should there be an assault rifle ban, please give me your opinion. My opinion is certainly not, but only sold to people with proper background checks.

I think it's bullshit to get rid of the right to own assault rifles, just because of a bunch of liberal clowns that don't like guns.

F-450
04-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Liberal's... They have been trying to ban so-called "assault weapons" for a very long time now.. came really close a few years back !!! If the N.R.A. hadn't stepped in and given those on Capital Hill the clear meaning of the Assault rifle ( FULL Auto vs Semi Auto ). CNN launched a misguided view of the Assault weapon, N.R.A. straightened them out and CNN had to backlog on live T.V. and show the public the difference. Full Automatic weapons are hard to purchase unless purchased by illegal means and again !! Hillary is attempting to mis-lead the general public because she has an itch that needs to be scratched to gain public support. One of the things that so many people are not aware of is the meaning of "Assualt weapons" . My experience is, that once you explain it to the general public, they are quick to see how the "Lieberal's" ( hope you caught that?) attempt to take something away, by mis-representing the truth. We can help put a stop to there efforts, if we help to inform people of the difference where we can. Sometimes merely asking someone if they know the meaning of a true "Assualt Weapon". It has been said; " The cheap Defense of a Nation, is Information/Education" ... So long as people stay in contact with there Senators, (Republican) giving them your opinions of the matter, they will only make noise..... For themselves !!!(LIEBERALS)
Answer your Question... No !!!!! Don't let them have a 1/4 " of ground in this area ....else our Constituton is just another piece of paper, not worth the ink scribbled on it...

ghost
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Blaming armed assault on firearms would be like blaming 9/11 on planes.

Automaton
04-26-2009, 02:03 AM
No more Bans, Ever.
Repeal all previous bans including NFA and the ban on import.
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or sports.

"Shall not be infringed"

F-450
04-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Blaming armed assault on firearms would be like blaming 9/11 on planes.
Very good string of words.... Agreed !!!

ghost
04-26-2009, 10:15 AM
People are such cowards. And a good chunk of the American population is very very very impressionable and naive. Well, there you go. The perfect chance for the leftists to ban assault weapons....

acf6
04-26-2009, 04:50 PM
I dont know how many of you have heard but, shockingly, Nancy Pelosi, a huge Obama supporter and speaker of the House or Senate, cant' remember, said no way to the assault weapons ban. She said we have laws that are not being enforced now we need to enforce current laws and then look at new laws!! I about shit when I read this article, it was about a month ago and don't remember the publication. As I have said quit punishing the law abiding citizens for what the criminals do. It doesnt matter what gun laws you pass the only ones getting hurt are the law abiding citizens. The criminals don't care they will still get the guns no matter what law you pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F-450
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I dont know how many of you have heard but, shockingly, Nancy Pelosi, a huge Obama supporter and speaker of the House or Senate, cant' remember, said no way to the assault weapons ban. She said we have laws that are not being enforced now we need to enforce current laws and then look at new laws!! I about shit when I read this article, it was about a month ago and don't remember the publication. As I have said quit punishing the law abiding citizens for what the criminals do. It doesnt matter what gun laws you pass the only ones getting hurt are the law abiding citizens. The criminals don't care they will still get the guns no matter what law you pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you know of the time/date of that particular event ??? It may be worth looking into and spreading it around ????? Wann'a think I heard someone else say what you've said ???

ghost
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
As I have said quit punishing the law abiding citizens for what the criminals do. It doesnt matter what gun laws you pass the only ones getting hurt are the law abiding citizens. The criminals don't care they will still get the guns no matter what law you pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Well said.

Humbled Infidel
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

F-450
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Well it seems that's the new thing, and it seems people like Hilary clinton are spewing misinformation about assault rifles in mexico in order to accomplish a ban. Ammo prices are going through the freaking roof from fear Obama would ban assault rifles. Should there be an assault rifle ban, please give me your opinion. My opinion is certainly not, but only sold to people with proper background checks.

I think it's bullshit to get rid of the right to own assault rifles, just because of a bunch of liberal clowns that don't like guns.
See the painting for what it is worth..... First..Hillary is using an Illegal operation of a drug cartell to impress upon the minds of people, why assault weapons need to be banned..... Why not ban the drug cartell's first ??? She is misguiding the real issue here, using it as a platform to launch a twisted perspective of a deeper problem, "Illegal Drugs"... I didn't want to say anything at first about this, hoping someone else would see what I'm saying about her.. But I thought it needed to be said now...
The video From Humble is an even larger issue, and the exact same theme of that video is what need's be carried on to our Congress men/women. I forgot about that particular incident. Thank's........ Do your part... spread the word.............

Humbled Infidel
04-27-2009, 04:04 PM

It's not that a bunch of liberal clowns don't like guns...they don't like that they cannot control us if we have guns.

acf6
04-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Do you know of the time/date of that particular event ??? It may be worth looking into and spreading it around ????? Wann'a think I heard someone else say what you've said ???

I found it!! Go to upi.com and search pelosi gun ban and it comes up. It says her stance is in line with The NRA and other Gun advocates. Remember she is from San Fransico which is one of the most liberal cities in the USA.

F-450
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
I found it!! Go to upi.com and search pelosi gun ban and it comes up. It says her stance is in line with The NRA and other Gun advocates. Remember she is from San Fransico which is one of the most liberal cities in the USA.
Thanks man , Really... Thanks............I like the way they put it "Pelosi pooh poohs gun ban"....... Somebody give her A cigar,,, flowers,,, dress or whatever she, "as a lady" would want ......I still beleve there is good in everybody !!!! lol ;-) Some require a closer look to see it !!

MightyQuin
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
You know I own 3 assault rifles, they are great and all but I sometimes ask why do I own them. I cant use them for home defense, if I catch someone breaking in my house and I shoot them not only will i kill the intruder but the rounds will go through my walls into my neighbors home, through them and their walls and on and on. They are expensive to shoot and require some maintenance. But my handguns and my shotguns, well they are perfect. Theirs nothing like .38 +p rounds to take out an intruder. Small entry hole and blow out the back. Max trauma for a .38. I dont think we should ban assault rifles, but I dont seem the point to owning them.

Humbled Infidel
04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
You know I own 3 assault rifles, they are great and all but I sometimes ask why do I own them. I cant use them for home defense, if I catch someone breaking in my house and I shoot them not only will i kill the intruder but the rounds will go through my walls into my neighbors home, through them and their walls and on and on. They are expensive to shoot and require some maintenance. But my handguns and my shotguns, well they are perfect. Theirs nothing like .38 +p rounds to take out an intruder. Small entry hole and blow out the back. Max trauma for a .38. I dont think we should ban assault rifles, but I dont seem the point to owning them.

Wait for when you have a gang busting through your door, not to rip you off but to kill you and your family. We all say,..."this won't happen to me", are we sure about that?

Cruelbreed
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
We own them to learn to shoot them. We own them because we enjoy owning them. The only thing I see is they get our general population familiar to our weapons, so if a large scale war does come along we have almost everyone capable of defending.

Humbled Infidel
04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The Bill of Rights - Amendment 2

Cruelbreed
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM

MightyQuin WHY DO YOU own those assault rifles? You can always give me one :D!

leahcimnosirrom
05-01-2009, 07:27 AM
no ban... period! sorry to say that it is the last "check and balance" we have as individuals, as a group, as a society, and as a nation. when they come to take your weapon, use it. because it will be the last time you will have the chance. i'm all for RESPONSIBLE gun ownership......

Cruelbreed
05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
no ban... period! sorry to say that it is the last "check and balance" we have as individuals, as a group, as a society, and as a nation. when they come to take your weapon, use it. because it will be the last time you will have the chance. i'm all for RESPONSIBLE gun ownership......

Hey this is off topic, but i'm going to Alaska on may 31st ;) Any recommendations for fun :P Hopefully i'll be shooting a lot at my friends cabin.

JToKKo
05-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Hey this is off topic, but i'm going to Alaska on may 31st ;) Any recommendations for fun :P Hopefully i'll be shooting a lot at my friends cabin.

Plz, make sure nobody is inside before you start shooting:)

Cruelbreed
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Plz, make sure nobody is inside before you start shooting:)
rofl, you got the point >.>

nastyleg
05-11-2009, 04:02 AM
why do people own TV's you dont need them. why do people own vehicles you dont need them either. The list can go on and on. I will get to my point. We own these things because we want to and are entitled to that right. It is when we dont have that right to own these things that we finally get upset at the fact. People all over the country use thier GOD given right to bear arms. They standup to those whose wish is to take that GOD given right away. You never know what a good thing you have until it is taken away from you. To accomplish any goal in life all you have to do is start small and work you'r way up to finish what you started.

Stark
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh I cannot stand people that say they wouldn;t buy a gun if they can - FUCK that, I be ther first to buy a bunch of guns and not to defend myself but for good old fun and to take on my hicking tours (I have meet some creepy people in the Wicklow mountains).

We are always so self important - one guy shoots a buch of office workers is a tragedy for the relatives but hardly for the world after all I don't loose any sleep knowing that half of BongoBongo land is starving and dying of Aids.

These do good fucking treehugging cunts don't give a shit about them or anybody else - not in the abstract they don't, but when their own habbitat is under threat weeeell thats a whold different story.
Fuck that people are egostic thats how we are still around on this planet and by all means the most "successfull" species on this planet.

Woodbutcher824
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Living in Michigan, if I had the cash, I probably could buy and type of gun I wanted, and I have. Since I moved to Rhode Island, most of the weapons that I bought, I left with my uncle. This state has fuck up gun laws and I want to keep a hold of my weapons short of burying in the ground.

If you don't like the bang bangs, then find your own county.

sparkie
05-16-2009, 06:40 AM
You might want to look at things from another direction. Ammo is getting a bit hard to buy. Even here in Nevada, Walmart has limited ammo purchases to 6 boxes. Not 6 of a kind, but 6 of any kind,,,,,If they have it.
Went to buy .22 and the guy ahead of me bought the last 4 boxes.
Fortunately, I'm not hurtin, just stocking up, like everyone else.

sparkie
05-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Just for the record,,,,,My Shrine to the 2nd Ammendment.
My nightstand; .45 with 3 clips,3 30 round mags of 5.56.
My wifes; .380 Bersa with 2 clips.
[we don't fight much]

Stark
05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Just for the record,,,,,My Shrine to the 2nd Ammendment.
My nightstand; .45 with 3 clips,3 30 round mags of 5.56.
My wifes; .380 Bersa with 2 clips.
[we don't fight much]

lol :D

Stark
05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
You might want to look at things from another direction. Ammo is getting a bit hard to buy. Even here in Nevada, Walmart has limited ammo purchases to 6 boxes. Not 6 of a kind, but 6 of any kind,,,,,If they have it.
Went to buy .22 and the guy ahead of me bought the last 4 boxes.
Fortunately, I'm not hurtin, just stocking up, like everyone else.

Are you allowed to do your own ammo?

CletusHicks
05-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Assault weapons bans do nothing to stop crime.

As usual, gun control is more about control of people than it is guns.

sparkie
05-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Are you allowed to do your own ammo?

But it's expensive to get started, and the talk is there will be a BIG tax on all things ammo, including makings, like powder & primer. Primers are gettin rare, too.

sparkie
06-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Checked Walmart for ammo again last Sunday,,,,The cupboards are bare,,,,,,,

kurgen
06-03-2009, 09:53 AM
yes BAN EVERY ONE OF THEM.lol Dissarm America keep the agenda on track..lol Just joking no allow everyone to own an assalt weapon. Crime rate would Drop dramaticlly.

Scott
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
no offence to you kurgen but that post makes no sense at all.

you should express why you think that.

sparkie
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
yes BAN EVERY ONE OF THEM.lol Dissarm America keep the agenda on track..lol Just joking no allow everyone to own an assalt weapon. Crime rate would Drop dramaticlly.

Dumbass in range.
Sept I saw the 'LOL',,,,,,,,