PDA

View Full Version : Biggest SNAFU of my life

Malice
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
About 3 months ago I ordered a new Trijicon TA31 ECOS rifle scope for my AR.
It took forever for the order it seemed and about 2 weeks ago I got a notice that it was being mailed.

FINALLY! September 30th it was shipped and now, 11 days later it's not at my door.

I contacted my source and low and behold I gave them the correct address but it had an incorrect Zip Code!!!!!!!!!!

Right now I'm $1,700.00 in the hole and hoping that the Post Office either forwards it to the correct zip code (which they claim will happen) or it goes back to the supplier.

I was literally sick to my stomach when I found out about the zip code issue.... can anyone... ANYONE make me feel better about this?

My ultimate fear is that some dirt bag sorting the mail just chucks it aside and decides to "lose" it (even though it's a felony) or just as bad, it goes to a close enough address and the Post Office just shrugs it off!

Now before you ask, no, it did not have insurance and it went standard 1st Class mail. Certainly not my choice.. I would have happily paid the extra 10 bucks for insurance and tracking.

762happy
10-11-2011, 09:31 AM
$1700 for a weapons sight wow more than the gun. i hope it comes with a bj because so far your getting screwed. wow umm maybe they will put battery's in the box. well i hope you get your item some people have been getting fakes for ebay that were made for airsoft guns. wow $1700 wow my kobra for my ak was $200 and have no problem with it.

joelee
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I would see if you could find out the wrong zip code, and call that office (don't tell them how much $ is involved).
Explain the situation. You may get someone sympathetic.
If you don't get any help still, the I would contact the Postal Inspectors.
Good Luck.

Malice
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I've contacted both the Post Office at the ultimate destination and at the incorrect zip code.

1) $200.00 for a rifle sight? I hope you enjoy the piece of plastic with a painted on dot. Considering that the COBRA isn't magnified it falls under the RDS category and should be considerably less than a good scope.

2) It's straight from Trijicon, I think it's legit =D Retail is $1,700.00, I paid considerably less but that's beside the point.

Malice
10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Hmm.. that sounded bad.

I did not mean to imply that the COBRA is a bad sight. It's not, there is a reason why Russian Special forces use them from time to time.

It was more of a reference to the cost of a good magnification scope w/ reflex sight combo.

KGCNC
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Good luck. Under NO circumstance would i trust usps with a 1700 dollar item. They dont even walk up my hill to deliver anything. They just leave a yellow call tag in the box. Lazy shits. If trijicon entered the wrong zip I am sure they are on the hook to fix it. If you gave the wrong one.... Is there an identical address that matches yours in that zip code? If not it should get returned.

Malice
10-12-2011, 08:34 AM
it was totally my mistake. I transposed my work zip with my home address.

No, thankfully there isn't a duplicate address or street and thankfully the street address that was used is a very popular road so there is no mistaking where it is by any local post office employee.

Malice
10-18-2011, 03:10 PM
WHEW!

The scope arrived at my work yesterday, 8 days late but it arrived none the less.
The package looked like it was kicked around and abused for all 8 days but the contents were still as good as new.

I hope to sight it in this weekend, I'll try to get some pics up soon.