PDA

View Full Version : Iranian Army adapted the digital camo suit

Stark
04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
The Iranian Army will be replacing the old desert camo with the new digital camo, says the cammander of the Iranian Army.

The Digital cammo will be more suitable for the terrains and climate that Iran has, says the general of the revolutionary guard.

Cruelbreed
04-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm sure it has the latest and greatest technology on earth.

AlvinVu
04-20-2009, 07:37 PM
pussy shit.
They probably bought fake ACU from china.

I can't wait to see us nuke them one day.

ghost
04-21-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm sure it has the latest and greatest technology on earth.

Haha yeah. Just like their state of the art(modified F-5 tigers) jet fighters....

EXCONservative
04-21-2009, 04:03 AM
I give the Iranians credit. They are building more of their own weapons instead of relying on free hand outs from the U.S like most of our 3rd world allies.
They build or buy everything they need. Does Israel? Nope. Israel keeps sucking our tit for all it's worth.

napalmdeath1.0
04-21-2009, 05:43 AM
pussy shit.
They probably bought fake ACU from china.

I can't wait to see us nuke them one day.

the lastthing iran would be is a pushover.

Stark
04-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I give the Iranians credit. They are building more of their own weapons instead of relying on free hand outs from the U.S like most of our 3rd world allies.
They build or buy everything they need. Does Israel? Nope. Israel keeps sucking our tit for all it's worth.

Well Isreal actually developed a lot of weapons themself - Tank - and an awesome Assault rifle

chriss
04-21-2009, 02:12 PM

NATO military is not 3rd world :)

Cruelbreed
04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Well Isreal actually developed a lot of weapons themself - Tank - and an awesome Assault rifle

Yeah then they worked on a Jet like the Lavi, made the Merkava tank, they make really good drones (hermes?) I believe. That's great, except the fact they sell oUr tech to China.

Israel also sold their Harpy drone to China.

A lavi prototype is said to have been used for the J-10

If all this holds true, I think we need to stop supporting Israel period.

All this stuff Israel sells including blueprints, ends up in the hands of iraq, iraq through China. China is the worst of countries for U.S. tech to go to in my opinion.
http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0509-07.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/10/13/world/israel-sells-arms-to-china-us-says.html
http://www.upi.com/Security_Industry/2009/04/13/Israel-sells-spy-drones-to-Russian-air-force/UPI-49531239661391/

RoyalDog214
04-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Wtf is up with everyone trying to copy our military uniform. Why can't they just make their own patterns?

ghost
04-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Wtf is up with everyone trying to copy our military uniform. Why can't they just make their own patterns?

LOL yeah. If they were going to copy a uniform, why did they choose ACU? I've never been able to see how effective/ineffective they are, but from what I've heard, you'd be better off wearing a clown suit...

Woodbutcher824
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM

The uniforms are probably made in China too.

bobdina
04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
LOL yeah. If they were going to copy a uniform, why did they choose ACU? I've never been able to see how effective/ineffective they are, but from what I've heard, you'd be better off wearing a clown suit...

I read an article in Army Times saying an oh-58D pilot could not make out the Army troops he was supporting in Afghanistan because the ACU fit so well into the background he had to be walked right over them. He said he has been flying for at least 10-15 years( not exactly sure) but long enough he flew with the old BDU's and Desert camo's. and had no problem picking those out. Of course this is only one aircrew.

ghost
04-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I read an article in Army Times saying an oh-58D pilot could not make out the Army troops he was supporting in Afghanistan because the ACU fit so well into the background he had to be walked right over them. He said he has been flying for at least 10-15 years( not exactly sure) but long enough he flew with the old BDU's and Desert camo's. and had no problem picking those out. Of course this is only one aircrew.

Hmm. Well, I suppose it does have it's prime environments.

RoyalDog214
05-02-2009, 02:33 AM
I'm actually however a big fan of the ACU because it does make our US Army looks more Digital Age, rather than just brown-green uniform post Gulf War era.

Also you have to remember that when its come to military uniform, they have to serve both Traditional role and Combative Role. What I means by that is that the uniform have to look good while wearing it in Public, but on the other hand it has to be effective on the battlefield.

Thus the reason why the Multi-Cam wasn't chosen because it would've looks too messy to be worn in the general public because of it mixes brown, green, white color, despite it high reputation to blends in well. ACU on the other hand only focus on the primary color in the same shape and forms, making it look proper to be worn in Public and also effective to wear in battle.

If you have any doubt about the ACU being effective for combat role, go ahead and quote me because I have load of pictures where it works.

ghost
05-02-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm actually however a big fan of the ACU because it does make our US Army looks more Digital Age, rather than just brown-green uniform post Gulf War era.

Also you have to remember that when its come to military uniform, they have to serve both Traditional role and Combative Role. What I means by that is that the uniform have to look good while wearing it in Public, but on the other hand it has to be effective on the battlefield.

Thus the reason why the Multi-Cam wasn't chosen because it would've looks too messy to be worn in the general public because of it mixes brown, green, white color, despite it high reputation to blends in well. ACU on the other hand only focus on the primary color in the same shape and forms, making it look proper to be worn in Public and also effective to wear in battle.

If you have any doubt about the ACU being effective for combat role, go ahead and quote me because I have a load of pictures where it works.

Well, they could always just use the Multi-cam uniforms for combat and training purposes only, and then use the ACUs for regular work days....

As for swaying away from the Mutli-cam, simply because it looks somewhat awkward in public; I think that was a dumb decision. This isn't a fashion show. Doesn't really matter how cool your gear looks, if you're dead.

RoyalDog214
05-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Well, they could always just use the Multi-cam uniforms for combat and training purposes only, and then use the ACUs for regular work days....

As for swaying away from the Mutli-cam, simply because it looks somewhat awkward in public; I think that was a dumb decision. This isn't a fashion show. Doesn't really matter how cool your gear looks, if you're dead.

That's a perfect misconception with the people who played too much video game, seen too many war movies, or play Airsoft gets the idea about the Military.

They always seem to thinks that the Military is just about killing your enemy forgetting the fact that it has also been about tradition ever since the creation of the Professional Army. Almost every branches in the services has their own set of tradition, but they all learned how to March, line up in formation, raise the flag, salute the flag, properly wear their uniforms and meeting the regulations.

Take a look at what the Continental Army wore during Revolutionary War for an example, their uniform is a white garment, with blue jacket, and black hat. That kind of dressing actually made them stood out during the battle, and it's not because it help the General see his troop better or because they were firing shoulder to shoulder either. They could've worn brown like the Colonial Militia did, but chose not to.

Let's even go back furthur than that. The average Roman soldier wore Red garment, silver armours, and carries red shield. Their uniform caused them to be vulnerable by an enemy fighting them because the color red stood out in the battlefield. However they could've gone toward a different approach by wearing regular garment and brown shield. But once again, Tradition first.

Same things with the Tigerstripe during the Vietnam War until the US Air Force decided to implemented it with Digital pattern and officially declared it their standard uniform during 2007. Same reasons why the Chocolate chips pattern was phased out, why the M16 is still the standard rifle and not SCAR.

Also there's a reason why they called it "Uniform".