PDA

View Full Version : My career plans...

DefensorFortis
09-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Well, I think I'm starting to form a plan for my future. If you're not familiar, I'm stationed at Ft. Drum with 4-31 INF and I'm an 11B.

The Army isn't going to be a permanent thing for me. Something in me is telling me to serve out my first enlistment and then go to college and become a High School history teacher, because history has always been my passion and best subject (scored 98 on my global studies regents in 10th grade).

But the dilemma is the little boy in me that gets a hard on for helicopters and jets, wants to fly and erase shit off the face of the earth. I could reenlist and go warrant, but I want to get to college while I can. I think I might go Air National Guard, but my state's ANG just got rid of their F-16s which blows. But I'm also thinking maybe when the teaching job gets old for me and I'm still under the age limit, I might try to go Marine Corps officer and get into Marine Aviation, because they seem to have a higher number of combat planes and choppers and it seems like you could get a combat pilot job easier.

Any body have suggestions as to how I can satisfy my dream?

nastyleg
09-04-2011, 09:36 PM
College

Markoxx
09-05-2011, 08:31 AM
College man. study study study that's the best thing you can do in your life.

SgtJim
09-05-2011, 11:47 AM
go to college Defensor

agree with Markoxx