PDA

View Full Version : Red Ryder lever action BB Gun

Texasczech
09-02-2011, 12:51 PM
A few months ago my 5 year old grandson asked me for a Red Ryder BB Gun, so I found him a 70th Anniversary addition for him to plink with. Last weekend we went to the range and Aiden asked if he could bring his RR. Well we already had a trunk full of various firearms to shoot but what the hell.

While at the rifle range I was getting the Marlin M60 tuned up, the Mossberg .17 HMR and my Bushmaster CAR15. The whole time my grandson is sitting in the stall next to me throwing shiny BB's down range. At the range we went to the targets are usually mounted on cardboard suspended between 2 1x2 firing strips, our target had something like 10 targets stacked on top of each other from other shooters so it was pretty thick.

We were shooting 50 yards at this time and I was thinking that the lowly Red Ryder would be lucky to even make it to the target. The range master called a cease fire and when the range was cold we went to look at the targets.

My CAR15 groupings were still high and to the right. The .22 was now shooting MOA groups to be proud of. But what was sitting dead center in my Mossberg target? A shiny chrome BB! Not just in the black but .25 off dead center! The BB had barely penetrated and was sitting in the target face. I wish I would have taken a picture, Aiden's face was filled with a grin from ear to ear. Here I am all my expensive goodies, scopes etc and a 34.00 lever action pump BB gun does the trick.

So in the long run it's not what you shoot but how I guess.

Red Ryder BB gun...................34.00
Box of BB's...............................9.00
Range Fee's............................20.00 for all of us
Look on my grandsons face......Priceless

Sixx
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing.

nastyleg
09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Classic

Mel
09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Gotta love them Grandbabies....Thanks Tex.