PDA

View Full Version : A little food for thought

Mel
07-26-2011, 09:43 PM
The world's largest army... America's hunters! I had never thought about
this....

A logger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and
arrived at a striking conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth
largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran ... More than in France and Germany
combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan. 750,000 hunters, all of whom have now
returned home.
Add in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally
establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would
comprise the largest army in the world. (4 states = 2.3 million hunters)

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of
home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of
national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

BrendenF11
07-26-2011, 10:24 PM
:) LOVE IT! Not to mention almost every vet I know does some form of hunting, deer, pheasent, goose, elk, bear, etc. A lot of well trained marksmen with the right training!

Love seeing these stats too, 650,000 not a single death proves that weapons are not used to harm other people, instead it's nut jobs and lunatics that hurt other people.

MadeInRu
07-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Cool facts, but no one ever tried to invade US. No one even thought of that, no point really if you ask me as it gives you nothing even if you win that invasion. And especially in today's world of global economy.

KGCNC
07-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Japan made an effort during WW2 on one of the Alaskan isles if memory serves me correct. Great thread Mel.

ErisKillton
07-26-2011, 11:56 PM
You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands. Then and only then.

kubala1014
07-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Cool facts, but no one ever tried to invade US. No one even thought of that, no point really if you ask me as it gives you nothing even if you win that invasion. And especially in today's world of global economy.

Let's not forget about the British invading the US in the War of 1812. Yes it's 200 years ago, and the Brits were fighting Napolean around the same time. But there is a damn good reason it hasn't been attempted again (unless you count the Russians in Red Dawn :nono:... and now the North Koreans in the remake of Red Dawn).

Any invasion and occupation of the states would be met with huge resistance.... Now if we could just get surplus AK's sent to us like the Talis get.

SMR
07-27-2011, 04:17 AM
But we are being invaded by Mexico ….. Give it 20 more years and the only people in Mexico will be Guatemalan.

atrox6661
07-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Hunters? don't forget about Patriots brother! When push comes to shove any real American will fight and die for this land like our forefathers did.

ErisKillton
07-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Hunters? don't forget about Patriots brother! When push comes to shove any real American will fight and die for this land like our forefathers did.

Thats right!!!

I dont hunt anything, but I would be the first person to die standing up to defend my home. And I know there are many citizens who feel this same way and thats their sole purpose in owning guns. And Even if you may not like to hear this, a lot of gangbangers Ive known in my life (from living in the poorer parts of LA) mexican, asian and black; they feel the same way. They may be proud to be the race they are but America is their home of choice and if anyone tried to make it into something different, if we were occupied by any other country; they would be on the front lines right with WASPs, the hunters, the vets, and punks like me.

In short.... America is filled with too many bad asses to let some other country invade us.
Its our own leaders we must be wary of when it comes to protecting our freedoms.

MadeInRu
07-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes, my mistake. Was tired yesterday. ;) So i'm forgiven by default.

But what i'm implying on is that invasion of US is simply impossible logistically wise.

You will need a huge army, probably something that Chinese can pull.

Then you actually need to deliver that army across Atlantic or Pacific ocean.

No country in the world can do that.

So it's really a story from Tom Clancy's book more then anything else.

As for weapons, again, i very strongly doubt that they will be taken from you. Most you can expect is if some random states will put some similar rules to what you can now see in California, and even then it would probably be a very small amount.

Mel
07-27-2011, 09:14 PM

I didn't forget about the patriot....This is just the tip of the iceberg,Just a little insight from a sportsman's point of view.I be a patriot myself brother.:thumbup:

joelee
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
There have been foreign troops on American soil.

French-Indian War
American Revolution
War 1812
Mexican American
Spanish American
World War 2
Not to mention attacks on American Embassies throughout the years by either States, or Proxy States.
Now we are under attack by groups of fundamentalist religious nuts.