PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally decided...

Vadam
07-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Remember in my introduction I said I was trying to decide on the Air Force or Marines?
Well I've made my decision. In February, when I turn 20 no less, I'm going to the recruiting office and enlisting with the Marine Corps.

Ripcord
07-14-2011, 01:39 PM
out of those 2 choices i'd say you chose well ( but being a soldier I may be biased :P ), you took the harder of the 2 choices that's for sure.

Vadam
07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, well when my parents find out...I'm gonna be in a world of shit XD

serpa6
07-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Good Luck Vadam be safe listen to everything that your instructors tell you advice from vet, combat and non combat you did make a tough choice Just by your choice you will do okay weather in the air force or Marines You made a choice to serve your country Good Luck and Semper Fi
Serpa 6 Army Vet

Vadam
07-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Good Luck Vadam be safe listen to everything that your instructors tell you advice from vet, combat and non combat you did make a tough choice Just by your choice you will do okay weather in the air force or Marines You made a choice to serve your country Good Luck and Semper Fi
Serpa 6 Army Vet

Thanks, man. It ticks me off because my brother and my mom are trying to talk me out of it entirely. My dad supports me in it at least...

eaglethebeagle
07-15-2011, 07:06 AM
You cant go wrong when you decide to serve your country. Whether a family member supports you or not they no doubt will be proud of you forever for doing it.

You have many active and vet military members here that can share their experiences and offer you advise so never forget that either.

I thank you again for choosing to serve our Country.:thumbsup:

joelee
07-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Well done on your descision to serve. All that talk about it making a man out of you, its true. :)
Have you talked to the recruiter yet? Because I've heard tha there is a long waiting time.
If your family is giving you grief about enlisting, keep your enlistment day under your hat until 1or 2 days before you leave. Good luck brother. If you need anything let me know. I help you, or find somebody who can.
Joe

Vadam
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks you guys. Thank you so much for all your support. It really does mean a lot.

nastyleg
07-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Remember these few words of wisdom. When you arrive in country everyone will pound into your head COIN. That only goes so far. Everyone is suspect and everyone is gathering intel on you. It is easier to kill a sleeping dog then an alert dog. BE THE HARD TARGET NEVER DROP YOUR GUARD!!!.