PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Military

aussie_lancer
04-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Gents,

Just curious to find out what opinions you guys have on the Australian Defence Force. Im especially interested in people who have worked alongside aussies.

Dont hold back guys,

Cheers

mickk
05-19-2009, 03:01 AM
No one is going to admit to how good we are.

Cruelbreed
05-19-2009, 07:03 PM
PROOF PLEASE :) Here I can help you get started

YouTube - SAS Australian SASR
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JRqK2dFQCg)

Cruelbreed
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
YouTube - Australian Military

bobdina
05-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I have had the pleasure of training with you guys in the past and I was quite impressed with your ability to hump long distances without break. I've trained with a few freindly countries being stationed in the pacific most of the time and you guys are awesome.As a matter of fact we had a yearly swap with you guys and when we went to Aussie land we actually had a week off. One guy in my platoon met one of your Lassies and after a while divorced his wife and married her.

Cruelbreed
05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I keep hearing about the ability to hump long distances, where do they get this from?

Scott
05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I have had the pleasure of training with you guys in the past and I was quite impressed with your ability to hump long distances without break. I've trained with a few freindly countries being stationed in the pacific most of the time and you guys are awesome.As a matter of fact we had a yearly swap with you guys and when we went to Aussie land we actually had a weekk off. One guy in my platton met one of your Lassies and after a while divorced his wife and married her.now thats a story lmfao.

al i know is the aussie military chicks are damm fine..

nastyleg
05-21-2009, 04:39 AM
had them stay on our camp(phoenix) in afghanistan. they had some good stories. great lads. they were replaced by gurkhas. then by romainians......ugggghhhh the grab ass games of grown men in the showers still gives me nightmares..lol. I have had the priviliage of working with other countries. Everyone like all individuals go to the same job but in a different way.

Cruelbreed
05-22-2009, 01:52 AM
I have had the pleasure of training with you guys in the past and I was quite impressed with your ability to hump long distances without break. I've trained with a few freindly countries being stationed in the pacific most of the time and you guys are awesome.As a matter of fact we had a yearly swap with you guys and when we went to Aussie land we actually had a week off. One guy in my platoon met one of your Lassies and after a while divorced his wife and married her.

I mean to ask what kind of trainign do these men go through to be able to go such long distances.

gundriver22
05-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Cruelbreed, road marching is just like any other physical activity/workout. the more you do it, the more your muscles get built up and resistant to it. We started out real short and real light. Maybe 2 miles and 15 pounds. Eventually week in week out, you build up to 30-50 pounds and 15-20 miles or whatever the mission states. You get used to it and realize the trick to long marches is "zoning out". As long as your mind is on something else, you're not concentrating on the pain.

Me personally now, I've had enough road marching. I'm nowhere near enough "hooah" to go do it on my own. thats one of the reasons I sought out a cockpit to call home.

leahcimnosirrom
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM
the aussies i have meet up here kick ass but it is all out of military experience. played rugby up here and played a match against some aussies and kiwis that where up here on military exercises with the army... we won but the dudes just got back from field exercises... they where all worn out but played for the hell of it anyways. we made sure that they bought no beer that night. they are down, they deserved it, and we where both happy to pick up a match.