PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes Your Voice Can Be Heard

shatto
07-03-2011, 02:45 AM
https://picasaweb.google.com/mws94520/20110701?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6CzOK3zOW5ugE#56250037427 28288882
This is the 'After' video, I took July 1, 2011 of the road repair.
The big black patch is where they removed a hellish bump from the left side of lane one.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mws94520/20110613?authkey=Gv1sRgCKaR8smdi_rSMg#561793636940 3498226
This is the 'Before' video, taken June 13, 2011 of me going over 'the bump'

This is a copy of the letter I sent to the local consumer folks and our state roadfixers, Caltrans.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***************

June 10 was my birthday. I spent June 11 in bed. No, not because of that. Because I was nursing a painless migraine and sore neck. Why? Because, on June 10, I hit a bump in the road.

I was in a group, something like 'the pack' in a NASCAR race, except that we were not bumper to bumper and racing, but spaced and traveling at a safe speed in Friday commute traffic a bit before one o'clock.
Northbound, we had just passed where the 580 freeway, coming from San Quinton, joins the 101 freeway in San Rafael when I hit the 'bump in the road' caused by the insane engineering that allowed the footing for the road sign sprouting from the center of the freeway to spread, like tree roots into the number one lane. A wild guess is that the abrupt rise in the road surface is as much as six inches.

By the time the bobbling cars ahead of me registered, I hit the bump. The result of the left front of my Tundra rising so fast was that my body torqued so my head hit the side window.
That might be amusing but the problem with the entire scenario is that I have 'a bad neck' with enough disc problems that I frequently experience pain and burning in my right arm and hand and the often ensuing migraine headache pain, just like I had immediately after hitting the bump.

Hey, State of California, fix the dang road
************************************************** ************************************************** *******************
I COMPLAINED. THEY FIXED THE ROAD!
Now, how about that.