PDA

View Full Version : Was this an IED? WTF were they thinking?

Cruelbreed
04-04-2009, 03:29 AM
IF this indeed was an IED, WHY THE FUCK did they even go up this path? They had just cleared 3 IED's, I would have never in my right fucking mind took that same path. Maybe they did it for reason, they're obviously Special Forces? But the chances of there being a shit load more IED's on that same road/path would have made me think of rerouting. Once again I don't know shit about the entire scenario, just throwing out a quick opinion.

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/4183/Green_Berets_Under_Fire_pt_5/5/

Cruelbreed
04-04-2009, 01:46 PM
K i'm an idiot for forgetting the video

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/4183/Green_Berets_Under_Fire_pt_5/5/

WarGen
04-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I think I may have to agree with you, but you forgot to include the video before that actually leads up to the event. Couldn't they have just rerouted?

AlvinVu
04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
The rugged moutains of astan are very limited to roads.
This route they were taking was going up to a hill to set up for the night.

Why they did this was to get the high grounds and post up there, not only to stay but have the upper advantage incase they were attacked.

Cruelbreed
04-05-2009, 11:59 PM
The rugged moutains of astan are very limited to roads.
This route they were taking was going up to a hill to set up for the night.

Why they did this was to get the high grounds and post up there, not only to stay but have the upper advantage incase they were attacked.

I understand, but when you blow up so many IED's it's hoorendously obvious that the enemy knows your traveling patterns. I felt like it was time to whoop out the maps, find an alternate route or location. Instead they rode over the same spot they found the IED's and OH SO MIRACULOUSLY KABOOM. I just felt like it was obvious, but this is video so maybe they left osmething out. In some part of the video the commander of the group did say he blamed himself somewhat.

AlvinVu
04-06-2009, 01:56 AM
well. Once they go up they cna't go back can they. It be almost impossible to reverse al the way down the hill.

Then they would have to find alternate routes if there were any while at the same time desperately trying to set up and avoid being attacked or ambushed

Cruelbreed
04-06-2009, 02:00 AM
well. Once they go up they cna't go back can they. It be almost impossible to reverse al the way down the hill.

Then they would have to find alternate routes if there were any while at the same time desperately trying to set up and avoid being attacked or ambushed

I guess it's all not visible in the video. Perhaps they just had to do what they had to do but that's a crappy predicament. Blowing up a shit load of ied's in the same path then having to role over them again. I'm really hoping we get an eventual tech solution for this IED problem, someway to detect them etc.

OH and I like how one of the guys in the video is wearing a bodybuilding.com t-shirt, ain't that some shit. That site must be popular as hell.

AlvinVu
04-06-2009, 04:33 AM
There is tech solution for IED its just classified.
You could look it and try to find it.

Cruelbreed
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
There is tech solution for IED its just classified.
You could look it and try to find it.

Anymore info on this? Maybe i'll do some kind of search but doubt i'll find .

greenmamba
04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I would have bashed the ever living crap out of the afghan soldier for switching on the lights.

Nice way to fuck up a night OP ... What a wanker !!

Or much better: I handed him a torch to walk ahead 300ft fto attract enemy fire on his stupid arse..

Woodbutcher824
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
I would have bashed the ever living crap out of the afghan soldier for switching on the lights.

Nice way to fuck up a night OP ... What a wanker !!

Or much better: I handed him a torch to walk ahead 300ft fto attract enemy fire on his stupid arse..

I saw this on the Military channel, it made me sick. The more I think about it and watch it again, it had to be a signal, it fucking had to be!

I personally know SF personal, some did say something was a little fishy with that.

nastyleg
05-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Of course it was a set up. They know what not to do but did it anyways. Hope those rag head faggots get whats coming to them. Same thing happened to my platoon in Tikrit. except my roomate walked away with a through and through in his trapazoid. The IP Commander at Tikrit Main just sat drinking his tea while we sent back return fire. The commander was tranferred to Tikrit IP Disrict HQ and put as a tea boy for the general. So yes from experience it was a set up.