SgtJim
06-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Date06.05.2011
Date Posted:06.05.2011 05:29
---

ISAF Joint Command - Afghanistan
2011-06-S-019
For Immediate Release

KABUL, Afghanistan (June 5, 2011) – Two International Security Assistance Force service members died following a helicopter crash in eastern Afghanistan today.

The cause of the crash is under investigation, however initial reporting indicates there was no enemy activity in the area at the time of the crash.

It is ISAF policy to defer casualty identification procedures to the relevant national authorities.

SgtJim
06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
***UPDATE***

The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died June 5, in Khost province, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered as the result of a helicopter crash.
They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 10th Aviation Regiment, 10th Combat Aviation Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.

Killed were:
Chief Warrant Officer Kenneth R. White, 35, of Fort Collins, Colo., and
Chief Warrant Officer Bradley J. Gaudet, 31, of Gladewater, Texas

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers!!
For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother.” (W.Shakespeare)
Rest in peace my Brothers, you have not been forgotten.

SgtJim
06-13-2011, 07:06 PM
***UPDATE 2 ***

after all it seems it was a combat mission....................
read the words
pilots remembered

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?13226-Tigershark-pilots-remembered-at-FOB-Salerno