PDA

View Full Version : Its decission time kids

Stark
04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
As discussed share any ideas or concerns you may have about the guest restriction.

Craig
04-03-2009, 08:34 AM
As discussed share any ideas or concerns you may have about the guest restriction.

Hi Stark,

Actually just registered so I could reply.

First of all I completely understand that there are expenses regarding hosting this site and you must do what is needed.

I’m not in the military service so I’m not much of a contributor and until a few minutes ago was one of those perpetual “Guests”. That being said I have always felt serving your country in the armed services is one of the most honorable things a person could do in their lifetime (sometimes I regret not following this path in my younger years). Typically I come to this site daily to see the new videos offered and so forth showing our heroes in action. This is one of the few places those of us not directly involved can see what our armed service men and women actually do and sacrifice for us each day. It’s really one of the few places I have found that I can watch their efforts to preserve our freedoms without the typical liberal twists added by most news organizations.

So as a “past guest” I just wanted to say while we may not directly contribute I think for the most part we are here because of our desire to support those who do (especially those who are in the videos).
Thanks for a Great Site and to those who contribute both with the videos and performing the missions within them, Stark is right. You are some of the most important and valuable people here !!!!

God Bless and Semper Fidelis,

Craig …

Markoxx
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
dude if u give them the first page to see,that will maybe encourage them to join AC.

Scott
04-03-2009, 04:38 PM
yes i totally agree, you should limit as to what the guest the can see, maybe only featured clips they can see, but still have all the options showing, maybe that will persaude them to sign up and see the unmissed videos that are'nt featured.

Markoxx
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
yes i totally agree, you should limit as to what the guest the can see, maybe only featured clips they can see, but still have all the options showing, maybe that will persaude them to sign up and see the unmissed videos that are'nt featured.
ya i agree with u bro

Mel
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM

I think Scott is right. Give them the first page to see, and maybe that will encourage them to join.

Stark
04-04-2009, 01:33 PM
we have now Guests Credits installed - I have another addon set with which I can basicly restrict the seconds a guest can view clips - but I want to not totaly restict this page...

For everybody who thinks I am going a little over board ;)

here a screenshot with the guest numbers - now if you do the math a 16mb movie * 400 You know why I have to do something until I have "upgraded" the dedicated server.

WarGen
04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Guest restriction works, although I often just lurk and don't chat.

Woodbutcher824
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM

After using Scott's quote, I do agree with Markoxx and Mel.

Keep up the good work, Starkie. :thumbup: