PDA

View Full Version : Bush hit squad

Cruelbreed
03-30-2009, 04:56 PM
March 30, 2009
Reporter alleges secret 'assassination wing' (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/30/reporter-alleges-secret-assassination-wing/)
Posted: 04:39 PM ET

From CNN's Alexander Mooney and Martina Stewart (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/tag/cnns-alexander-mooney-and-martina-stewart/)
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/03/30/art.hershtsr0330.cnn.jpg Journalist Seymour Hersh sat down with CNN's Wolf Blitzer in The Situation Room Monday.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

(CNN) — The Bush administration established a secret special operations unit unmonitored by Congress with authority to assassinate high-value targets in as many as a dozen countries, New Yorker reporter Seymour Hersh told CNN Monday.
In an interview on CNN's The Situation Room, Hersh said the group — called the Joint Special Operations Command — reported to Vice President Dick Cheney and was delegated authority to assassinate individuals based on their own intelligence.
"The idea that we have a unit that goes around and without reporting to Congress — Congress knows very little about this group, can't get hearings, can't get even classified hearings on it…goes around and has authority from the president to go into a country without telling the CIA station chief or the ambassador and whack someone, I am sorry Wolf, yes I have a problem with that," Hersh said in the interview with Wolf Blitzer.
Cheney aide John Hannah denied the claim. "It's not true," he told Blitzer Monday. "And I think you heard in that interview that there was a little walking back from the original claim that was made in the speech that Mr. Hersh made" in which the reporter characterized the group as an "assassination wing."

Hersh said Monday he regretted using that language.
"I wish I had said something different, more careful. It's a loaded phrase, [but] it comes down to the same thing," Hersh said. "[The Bush administration] delegated authority to troops in the field on the basis of whatever intelligence they think is good, and I can tell you it's always not good and sometimes things get very bloody."
Hannah also told CNN that in a "theater of war" like Iraq, Afghanistan and the Pakistani border, "our troops have the authority to go out after and capture and kill the enemy, including the leadership of the enemy."
But he also admitted he did not know for sure what the procedure had been. "I don't know exactly what the consultations are with the Congress, but it's hard for me to believe that those committee chairman and the leadership on the Hill involved in intelligence and armed services, if they want to know about these operations, cannot get that information through the Defense Department."

anyone surprised?

ghost
03-30-2009, 10:52 PM
No I'm not surprised. The US is the most scrutinized country in the world. The American general population are obsessed with political correctness, and social acceptability. Our enemies can get lawyers for fuck sake.

This was an easy way around the "red tape". All of our special ops units need to be run similarly to this. Well maybe not run similarly, but have limited ROE, and more flexibility.

The best things about a democracy are also the worst....

leahcimnosirrom
03-31-2009, 04:11 AM
not a surprise... o.k. i lied when i said i have never served in the armed forces. i my self was in a "special unit" that "bent the rules" to get the job done. we were ronnie's personal hit squad in the 80s. you can see some of me and the boys on the range via this you tube clip.

YouTube - MegaForce - Introducing the MegaForce

shootfirst83
03-31-2009, 03:23 PM
It's called Delta Force. They've been around for quite some time...

Woodbutcher824
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Nope, not surprised.

This is not new information either, this kind of stuff has been around for ages. Since man picked up a stick or a rock and has used it for a weapon.

Every country has either a hit squad or special forces, some even have both.

This is why there is a Presidential Sanitation Department in the Pentagon. :evilgrin0039:

ghost
04-01-2009, 12:33 AM
It's called Delta Force. They've been around for quite some time...

I believe DEVGRU("SEAL Team Six") does similar work.

sr338
04-03-2009, 12:33 AM
I believe we pay locals to do more of our dirty work than people like to think.

FLINT89
04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
anyone surprised?

Yes, for all the media and leftists talking about how stupid Bush was this is a pretty genius move. :D :roleyes:

EXCONservative
04-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Surprised? No.
We have killed countless leaders that have not fallen in line. We tried waxing Fidel From what I read over 200 times.
America will never gain real credibility in the world so long as assasinate political figures which...in case you forgot...is still illegal.

sr338
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Surprised? No.
We have killed countless leaders that have not fallen in line. We tried waxing Fidel From what I read over 200 times.
America will never gain real credibility in the world so long as assasinate political figures which...in case you forgot...is still illegal.

It seems like a good idea at first... until you realize that 90% of the time you pull a weed another pops up in it's place.

Cruelbreed
04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
So what do we do as an alternative to assassinating people lol?

Woodbutcher824
04-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Tar, feathers and a potato gun. :evilgrin0039:

FLINT89
04-06-2009, 08:33 PM

Well we could always ask for them to step down real nicely. I'm sure if we say please they'll listen to us. :roleyes:

Or we can create a new word for assassinate and just use that word instead.

sr338
04-07-2009, 03:14 AM

I think if there was a magic all engrossing answer for that we'd be implementing it all over the place. But there isn't.