PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani troops open fire on ISAF helicopters at Afghan border

SgtJim
05-18-2011, 06:45 AM
By Bill Roggio
May 17, 2011

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2011/05/pakistan_fires_on_tw.php#ixzz1MhRCuvCV

there are no "official" press releases from ISAF yet
---

Pakistani troops and Coalition helicopters exchanged fire along the Afghan-Pakistani border earlier this morning, resulting in two Pakistani troops wounded. The Pakistani military has "lodged a strong protest" and insists on a high-level meeting.

Initial reports from both sides are in conflict. The clash took place at the Admi Kot Post in the Datta Khel area in North Waziristan, according to the Pakistani military. Pakistan claimed that the Coalition helicopters based in Afghanistan crossed the border, but an unnamed Western military official said the helicopters opened fire from Afghanistan after taking fire from the Pakistani side of the border.

"Two NATO Helicopters violated Pakistan air space today at Admi Kot Post, North Waziristan Agency in the in the early hours of the morning," the Pakistani military said, in an official statement released at the Inter-Services Public Relations website.

"The troops at the post fired upon the helicopters and, as a result of exchange of fire, two of our soldiers received injuries," the Pakistani statement continued. "Pakistan Army has lodged a strong protest and demanded a flag meeting."

Officially, the International Security Assistance Force, the NATO command in Afghanistan, said that the incident is being investigated.

"ISAF is aware of the incident and is assessing it to determine what happened. This effort will be pursued in a cooperative manner using the border coordination center partnership," Lieutenant Commander Colette, an ISAF spokeswoman, told The Long War Journal.

An anonymous Western military official told Reuters that the helicopters were responding to attacks on a US combat outpost and had opened fire into Pakistan after taking fire twice.

"Our initial reports indicate that two ISAF helicopters were in the area in support of FOB (forward operating base) Tillman, as the FOB had been receiving intermittent direct and indirect fire from across the Pakistani border," the official told Reuters. "Upon arrival the helicopter received fire from across the border but did not immediately return fire. Upon receiving fire from across the border a second time, the helicopter returned fire."

eaglethebeagle
05-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Fuck pakistan wtf are they doing actually firing at our forces?

They can communicate they think there is a violation and attempt to notify those forces to retreat but taking aim and firing on our forces means time to crush them in my book.

SgtJim
05-18-2011, 08:08 AM
yeah

aaand, if they were there....why not attacked the talibans?
they aware of the helicopters but not aware of the shootings???????

i think "we" need more predators there :D

CrookedSmirk
05-18-2011, 12:55 PM
How much do you want to bet that Pakistan's actually supporting the Taliban in their attacks against our FOBs?

gutro
05-18-2011, 02:38 PM
I've been Anti-Pakistan for AGES!!!!!! Their government is more corrupt than..... than....... damn, I can't even make up a funny analogy because they are so corrupt.

I think Pakistan needs to be treated the way Afghanistan was when we first went in.....

You're clearly harboring terrorists (Taliban/Al Qaeda), so we're gonna come in and set up camp. Whoever attacks us (Pakistani National or other) get's fucked up.

Fuck Pakistan!

fiestybean
05-19-2011, 02:12 AM
yeah

aaand, if they were there....why not attacked the talibans?
they aware of the helicopters but not aware of the shootings???????

i think "we" need more predators there :D

your right man i think we need to send a squadron of predator drones to go own that country lol