PDA

View Full Version : Place you were born or raised.

MadeInRu
05-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Let's show a pictures of the place you're live in right now or were born in. :)

I'll start as first.

This is my birth city, called Almaty. It's on the southern boarder of Kazakhstan. Near china and the very beautiful mountains.

DevilDog812
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
i was born and raised in west philadelphia, where i spent most of my days playing basketball and chilling out. there were a couple of guys who were always up to no good and were causing trouble in my community. one day, i got in a fight, which scared my mother and she sent me on a plane to my aunt and uncle in bel-air, where i became the prince in a matter of days

SMR
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
You beat me to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBe0VCso0qs&feature=youtu.be

wanny1971
05-06-2011, 10:38 PM
born..
http://www.testtubeswebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/photo-of-test-tube.jpg
raised..
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aX6yrH9fSRY/TQVo-NcOddI/AAAAAAAAEO0/bfQ6VwnuwEc/s1600/3_Circus_Tent_8x12.jpg

jamieooh
05-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I was born in Lebanon, MO. I mostly stayed at my Grandparents farm through the summer . Until my parents would make me come home. I think it's more fun to be out in the woods, exploring the caves, sneaking off to the river , or eating as many of the blackberries as I could before my Grandmother caught me.
Now I live in Springfield, MO. Yippie .

perocity
05-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Sin city.
But trust me I'm a fucken angel..

wanny1971
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM
born in darwen lancashire UK....in a hospital built for the treatment of patients suffering from typhoid and enteric fever..
(i was one of the last to be born there before its destruction.. (a true darranner)
http://www.cottontown.org/Nimoi/sites/CT/resources/Darwens%20Typhoid%20hospital%20Bull%20Hill.jpg
this is darwen at night in winter.. with darwen jubilee tower on the hill in the background
http://www4.clikpic.com/paulbrown1/images/Paul_Brown_Landscape_January-Gold_website.jpg
(credit ^ paul brown)

NeilDunne
05-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Dublin, Ireland... It's full of pubs....... and a few good lookin' girls.. i guess i can't complain.

Mel
05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Spent my first 17 years living around Dismal Swamp North Carolina.I loved huntin these woods and fishin these waters when I was a kid.

And my Dad got transferred to Omaha Nebraska,and still here.

Top two pics N.C. and the bottom one is Omaha.

wanny1971
05-08-2011, 08:29 PM
^^ poor mel..
stuck in a city full of swamp critters and he's not allowed to shoot or eat it..
feel for ya bro..lol

manvscomputer
05-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Chitown! Chicago Baby! Background - Grandparents fled China before Mao completely tookover china, and signs of weakness from Shek's leadership failure. Tracing Previous generations of my family, they was one of the initial chinese immigrints to come to the US for what they thought was the gold rush but due to poverty worked the railroad lines that would connect the 2 coasts. My great grandfather, 2nd generation was in both WW2 and Korea(Korea affected him bigtime, but luckily instead of holding in those memories he actually talked about it and was able to recover from PTSD after many years of depression and nightmares). He was the inspiration of many of our family to support and join the US military. Then around the time the leader of China, Chang Kai Shek which was a US ally and against communism, news that the young commie students, followers of mao was infiltrating all over china, using violence to spread their political ideology - communism. This scared my great grandfather, and he quickly helped some of the family immigrate to the US, as he was fiercely against communism too even though it was his mother country. However our family prior to immigrating to the good o USA, they had to suffer the Japanese conflict in China, bombing many villages and cities randomly, my grandmother often recounts these horrific moments where she was just a young child constantly having to be aware of the bombing raids or avoiding any Japanese military. Females were raped, men was slaughtered if they were thought to be chinese soldiers or military aged in general. The documentary called The Nanjing/Nanking Massacre, or the Rape of Nanjing/Nanking depicts similar stories of what my family had went through but in a city north of Nanjing/Nanking. Luckily for my grandparents the Japanese focused on the southern part of China and never had a full grip on big cities north of those areas. The only thing that puzzled the family once settled in the US is why the peace agreement and close ties with the Japanese after they caused so much atrocities, pain, and execution of many innocent, the raping of women and young girls and killing them after they had their fun with them after being used up like it was a normal thing to do. Till this day, Japan does not include this part of history in their history books, and one thing that helps them with this process of cleaning up their history to the young students in school, is that back in those days, the chinese were mostly farmers, poor people. Cameras were luxury items back in those days, so there was a lack of proof, except for 1 picture, and a bunch of survivors that maybe 1 or 2 is still alive to tell their story. Once they die, the Japanese can continue denying history and reject it as they can always say theres no evidence of this combined with their own propaganda at the time of made up tales of their military bravery and kindness to the Chinese people, or even the Korean people as well. Koreans face the same situation as China, Japanese and Nazi's in Germany wanted world domination and hell they were close to gaining it, suprirsingly with just 2 small countries combined. And because of this piece of history, it really shaped our hardcore patriotism for our country, USofA even though the civil rights movement days were the last of the issues we ever had living here. And whats crazy is that even till this day, My grandparents refuses to go back to China, and dont care about what they left behind. they care more about voting and doing their research on local and national politics, and voting for what they think is the right person for the jobs. I went to China and did some NGO work while I was there, and had a great time, but in a sense I guess I would understand why she wouldnt want to go back. The view of communism is way diferent for a foreigner than someone who been through it, and even the early stages of communism was very scary for my grandparents. Even the current system is shit. However I give them one credit for their success, they dont meddle into other countries business. The US made so many mistakes in the past that it cant be like China and ignore countries like Iran, its too late. While the gov is busy begging other countries to join in on sanctions, China is raking in the $$$ by swooping up all the countries we have sanctions slapped on, and creating a rich ass county like China. Also China doesnt fight in wars, or fight wars directly or indirectly to gain access to oil. They actually do trades and offer to build up countries around i.e Africa, creating roads, buildings, modern cities, rail lines, for exchange in resources. There is 0 loss and pure profit to be gained without creating any enemies in doing so.

Anyways to stop blabbering away thanks to not taking my ADD meds hah, my family tree is spread out over north america, but Im born and raised in Chicago and really proud of the history of both the past generations and the chinese workers at the time being part of building up this great country. Even till this day, chinese communities in Chicago, San fransisco, LA, Vancouver, NYC, Flushing, home prices were ridiculously rising quickly before the bubble burst but it still manages to hold the value very well. Our neighborhood, shared by both CHinese and Italians, combined made what was a shit neighborhood 40 years ago, into a neighborhood you be lucky to have money to buy a house or pay the insane rent to live here.

gremlin
05-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Where I was raised Sedgley West Midlands England

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbwehZM6eg

taekwondomarine
05-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I was born in High Wycombe England

Then moved to Tottenham London where I grew up around mostly black kids who thought it was cool to rob, stab and shoot people, not exactly the nicest place in the world

Toki
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I was born on an Air Force base in Mississippi but was raised in a small city in south east Alabama.

There isn't much to see here. The city was founded in the 1800s and was once the world's largest peanut producer. This is our famous monument dedicated to the beetle that changed agriculture production here.

http://www.fastcatprint.com/Aboutus/enterpriseAL.jpg