PDA

View Full Version : Back From Basic...

DefensorFortis
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey Apaches, if you didn't see my video post on the front page you'll know right now I got home a day ago from basic training.

I broke my foot doing my 12 mile ruck march, but I still was able to go on to Honor Hill to get my Crossed Rifle punched into my chest by my Drill Sergeant. A lot of basic and AIT sucked major dick, but in the end, I met new strangers who I'm proud to call my brothers and had some fun along the way.

I don't feel like a dumb ass civvy on AC anymore because I know some of the shit going on now.

Since AC is all about cool pics and videos, I'll post some pics of my platoon and yours truely during training this year... enjoy ;)

SgtJim
04-27-2011, 07:33 PM
good work and
welcome back Defensor!

i hope you are well, you're leg.....

what was your feelings on the top of the Honor Hill?

and as i said in the comments,
i really hope we will the witnesses of a new career start :D

DefensorFortis
04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Here are some pics:

1. My portrait taken at 30th AG
2. My platoons portrait
3. Random assortment from the confidence course and team work course.

DefensorFortis
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
More pics from the confidence and team work development course

ErisKillton
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Hey guy!
Welcome back and good job, now you can run closer to the big dogs! Thanks for posting all the pics they are great! I will have to go look for your video now.
I hope your foot got better...if not suck it up soldier and carry on!!!
HOO AH!

(i think thats the Armys thing right?)

XOXO
Eris

Mel
04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Welcome back Defensor....Glad you made it through,and good to see you posting again.:thumbsup:

Benda
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome back, great action pics, thanks man.

lusthog03
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Welcome home kid, if your an infantry bubba your humping days have not even started yet.

fiestybean
04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Good shit man, great to have ya as an 11 bang bang :) still wish tjey would have giving me 19k....anyways good luck on the upcoming assignment and hope ya can get a good unit to look after ya :) good pics too makes me wanna upload a few of mine lol

nastyleg
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
What company were you in at sand hill?
Because my little brother just passed basic at D 219 4th platoon

DefensorFortis
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
What company were you in at sand hill?
Because my little brother just passed basic at D 219 4th platoon

Whoa!!! Small world nastyleg! I was in Echo Company 2-19 4th Platoon. Delta was having their graduation the day before I left.

DefensorFortis
04-28-2011, 08:54 PM
good work and
welcome back Defensor!

i hope you are well, you're leg.....

what was your feelings on the top of the Honor Hill?

and as i said in the comments,
i really hope we will the witnesses of a new career start :D

Thanks SgtJim :) I'm doing good actually, my foot is not in pain surprisingly, but hopefully it will heal up fast, keep your fingers crossed for me.

My feelings on Honor Hill? Tired as FUCK, cold, drenched in sweat, dirty as FUCK, need to piss really bad. Lol, kidding aside, in my heart and mind I knew I made, I was in the clear and I could finally call myself an INFANTRYMAN!!!! It was a really cool moment especially when my drill sergeant took the crossed rifles pin, punched it into my chest while he looked me straight in the eye and said "Good job Blanchard" (in the U.S. Army we wear pins on our dress uniform collars to show what are job is, the infantry have a pin with crossed muskets)

That was probably my proudest moment during my basic training experience.

As you said before brother, I can safely say that this is the beginning of a new kick ass career for me. I know I'll go far and wipe out plenty of taliban scum off the face of the earth ;) :P

thomasjkelley
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Congratulations! We're all proud of you kid! You should be proud of yourself too. Welcome home & thank you for your selfless sacrifice!

Sixx
04-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Awesome Bro!!!!
I knew you could do it. You make us all at AC proud!!!

You have to go back to those USAF recruiters you initially dealt with and show them that you are THE MAN now hehe.....

Keep us posted with updates whenever you can bro.
Take care,

Sixx

PS.
What do you Army guys call that obstacle that you go up and under those beams?

At the USAF's basic training Disney Land confidence course we called it the weaver.......I hated that shit, that is the only obstacle that annoyed me.

DefensorFortis
04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Awesome Bro!!!!
I knew you could do it. You make us all at AC proud!!!

You have to go back to those USAF recruiters you initially dealt with and show them that you are THE MAN now hehe.....

Keep us posted with updates whenever you can bro.
Take care,

Sixx

PS.
What do you Army guys call that obstacle that you go up and under those beams?

At the USAF's basic training Disney Land confidence course we called it the weaver.......I hated that shit, that is the only obstacle that annoyed me.

Bro, I'm glad you're proud of me, as is my family, friends and especially my battle buddies back in 4th Platoon.

Pzycho, My Air Force recruiter got restationed to Minot, so I can't rub it in his face that I'm THE MAN, but Minot's a good place for him to freeze his balls off :P

The Army calls the beam obstacle the weaver as well, I hated that shit especially when you got to the top and the saftey mat wasn't underneath you anymore. I'll defitnitely keep you updated, first off I'm going to be stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado with the 4th Infantry Division, fuck yeah bitches!!!!!!!!!!! I've been told Carson is one of the best places to get stationed in the Army and plus the 4th ID is one bad ass unit too.

DefensorFortis
04-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Here are some more pics of my 4th Platoon battle buddies and I in action...

DefensorFortis
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Another set...

DefensorFortis
04-29-2011, 09:49 PM
A few more...

DefensorFortis
04-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Not done yet!

nastyleg
04-30-2011, 05:05 AM
Now here is a board question for you. What is the difference, besides the wreath, between the CIB and the EIB?

fiestybean
04-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Bro, I'm glad you're proud of me, as is my family, friends and especially my battle buddies back in 4th Platoon.

Pzycho, My Air Force recruiter got restationed to Minot, so I can't rub it in his face that I'm THE MAN, but Minot's a good place for him to freeze his balls off :P

The Army calls the beam obstacle the weaver as well, I hated that shit especially when you got to the top and the saftey mat wasn't underneath you anymore. I'll defitnitely keep you updated, first off I'm going to be stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado with the 4th Infantry Division, fuck yeah bitches!!!!!!!!!!! I've been told Carson is one of the best places to get stationed in the Army and plus the 4th ID is one bad ass unit too.

Yeah hear Fort Carson was one of the places to be and for a while was thinking about heading there...but Hawaii was sounding better, Tropic Lightning son!!!! Anyways my bro was with 1/4ID a few years ago and they sure do got history.....but yall aint got shit on the 3rd Infantry Division :) best of luck and cant wait to hear more about colorado

DefensorFortis
05-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Now here is a board question for you. What is the difference, besides the wreath, between the CIB and the EIB?

Ah ha, my Drill Sergeant told us this one. With the CIB the hammer of the musket is cocked back and the hammer on the EIB has moved forward showing that it's been fired.

shatto
05-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the memories, ground pounder.

gremlin
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNX900oEXD8&feature=fvsr

DefensorFortis
05-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for sharing Gremlin! That was very well done, I think this is front page material right there.