PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Ways To Save Money

shatto
04-23-2011, 12:43 PM
This new-fangled technology that is usually so irritating because it allows people to be constantly gabbing on cell-phones and butt-face and tweedle-de-de and web sites and such, is that ......
a gem like this that can help someone find a place with good business practices and learn some tricks to save some money.

What follows is a post by a guy who shared his good fortune, so we could benefit. That is why I pass it along.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Depot saved me money???
That's what I keep asking myself...

I went out yesterday, after a week of searching, to purchase a new washer and dryer. GE, top loader Energystar compliant, agitatorless, stainless steel tubs, 4.3 cf washer (after new federal measurements) with 800rpm spin cycle and a 7.0 cf dryer.

We picked out exactly what we needed, and started the process of having them order it for us, then I asked them about a discount, since I was paying cash...and they told me they don't offer discounts like that. I began the normal negotiations for a discount, when I was reminded about something...I could buy Home Depot gift cards at the local grocery store, Giant Eagle, and receive fuel perk discounts, then use the gift cards to pay for the washer and dryer.

Off I go to Giant Eagle, to buy my gift cards. The perks that Giant Eagle gave me was a 10% food perk which is 10% off my next grocery purchase up to a $100 savings, as well as $4.00 off per gallon of gas, up to 30 gallons!!

I happily went back to Home Depot, who finally came up with a 5% cash discount for me after talking to the store manager, and completed the transaction.

I filled up my Lincoln for free on the way home, am going to use the grocery discount today, and will get the washer and dryer on Wednesday, delivered and installed for free.

I'll be writing a letter to Home Depot, explaining how their management team in this particular store saved me a decent amount of money...on top of the purchase price of the units I bought from them.

The way I look at it, with all the savings, I ended up saving just over $200 using their suggestion...that was on top of the already showing 20% off of the units since they are last years models! That would be almost $400 savings in all!

shatto
04-23-2011, 03:54 PM
http://truthaboutmoneytv.com/
Thus proving that television can be beneficial.

shatto
04-24-2011, 03:02 PM
I just saved the cost of a new remote control for my almost new Vizio HD-TV.
To change channels required a dance of removing and replacing the batteries, tapping banging and, of course cussing.
Fed-up, I called the live-chat at Vizio and was told to to remove the batteries and then press each button.
That reset it and it works fine. Well, I'll be....