PDA

View Full Version : Paypal problem discussion thread

Stark
04-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Fellow Apaches,

So paypal does not want to be associated with AC anymore which means we cannot accept donations from AC which means we cannot pay for the server which means AC is in real danger of being closed down.

Use this thread to discuss any way you know or could think of in order to support AC.

If any of you guys are fucking rich, now is the time to sattle up and either buy AC from me *lol or otherwise keep this page alive.

If you have indeept knowledge of running a webpage that is unpopular with a lot of people, let me know your view.

Any feedback is welcome.

Now excuse me while I go and sacrifice that new born kitten I just found *thats how angry I am

Fucking update!!!

So I had to take a spin with my car and think about all this and than it hit me...in the radio they played the song....

WE'RE GOING DEEPER UNDERGROUND!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

Here is my first ideas...

AC is closed to anybody who isn't a member already
New registrations work by referrals only
We're going underground
No more guests spammers trolls and people that don't want this page
its going to go off the air for everybody apart for Apaches
We move the page to a low server (with no more guests traffic is not that heavy).
We're going to look for Advertisers
We're going to create a new page and associate it with the paypal account.
We're going deeper underground.
AC becomes an underground project
Patriotic, taliban hating, fucking hardcore and elite.
No more bullshit no more trying to compete with other pages
Nobody knows us no advertisment to keep the page growing, the only ads you will see are the once of other elite patriotic pages.
Straight up military straight up war straight up hardcore,

FUCKING BRING IT PAYPAL FUCKING CUUUUUUUUUNT!!!!

h151
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Damn that sucks!
Is paypal really the only way to send online money?

NeilDunne
04-20-2011, 03:55 PM
This is a fuckin' disgrace! I can't believe they said that! but you are right their is no point on fighting them they essentially do have the right to do what they do! I'll ask around and see is there any other way to do this! the only way that comes off the top of my head is a bank account that would be kept by the ac members and people could put money in it. but im not quite sure how that would work coming for foreign accounts and so forth..

Stark
04-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Damn that sucks!
Is paypal really the only way to send online money?

Well you have to understand that I need to pay for the server and for that I use my CC so I need to replace that money somehow.
And paypal was the best option so far.

I'm not even sure if I can get advertisers to pay for banners etc and than send me the fee to paypal lol I am not even sure If I can even pay the server with the paypal account,.

gwhunter
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
All you need to do is set up another e-mail for the site. A diff bank account / credit card and then have people donate to that e-mail as a "gift".

Gun Boards do ot all the time when buying and selling stuff as PayPal does not want to do business with gun owners either.

Believe me, it works. Just dont have the e-mail or account associated with AC in any way.

Good Luck and thanks for the board, one of the best on the web!!!!!

h151
04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't know if it's any help but I googled and found these

novalnet.com
moneybookers.com

MightyQuin
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Why dont you just open a new paypay account with a new email and a new name. They will never know. I do it all the time, then just use the money to pay the server bill.

Or just get a credit card, use it until you can find a alternative to paypal. Their are other companies other than paypal.

# paymentnetwork.intuit.com/
# charge-it-now.com
# Allpay.net
# CertaPay
# Checkfree.com
# Hyperwallet.com
# Moneybookers.com
# Nochex.com
# Ozpay.biz
# Paymate
# Propay.com
# Xoom

SgtJim
04-20-2011, 04:13 PM
All you need to do is set up another e-mail for the site. A diff bank account / credit card and then have people donate to that e-mail as a "gift".

Gun Boards do ot all the time when buying and selling stuff as PayPal does not want to do business with gun owners either.

Believe me, it works. Just dont have the e-mail or account associated with AC in any way.

Good Luck and thanks for the board, one of the best on the web!!!!!

this was first idea too

and meanwhile im trying to find other ways too

Stark
04-20-2011, 04:16 PM
okay this is helping,

A few hours ago I was ready to shoot myself in the face but I think we maybe can save AC.

Keep it up I will get in contact with you guys asap

kaide85
04-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Set up the website in Finland, Get a finnish bank account ( I can help with that). Then the website will be eligible for payment by either wire-transfer, checking, or credit card.

SirCumalot
04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
In my opinion, the future of internet is FREE.

This means we have 2 options

1. Use torrents (for example with a small preview on the website and the tor linked), this coupled with a forum for example.
2. Advertise, all the big boys do it and there is no shame in it. Perhaps somebody even finds a product that he likes.

Keep the advertisers strict; for example online military hardware stores, camping gear etc.... well you get the picture

MadeInRu
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Fellow Apaches,

So paypal does not want to be associated with AC anymore which means we cannot accept donations from AC which means we cannot pay for the server which means AC is in real danger of being closed down.

Use this thread to discuss any way you know or could think of in order to support AC.

If any of you guys are fucking rich, now is the time to sattle up and either buy AC from me *lol or otherwise keep this page alive.

If you have indeept knowledge of running a webpage that is unpopular with a lot of people, let me know your view.

Any feedback is welcome.

Now excuse me while I go and sacrifice that new born kitten I just found *thats how angry I am

Stark, no need to panic ;)

There are 2 solutions:

1. Put some advertisement in here. Know it's not cool, but we need apache :) we can deal with that.

2. I can transfer money on your bank account directly and sure some others as well.

phils1969
04-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Could always try opening a banking acount to receive funds only, these days a bank transfer takes less than 1 hour in the UK and im sure that its about the same over the pond? Post account number etc when server bill comes up and make sure its a receiving account only unless your the account holder, transfer funds out into normal bank account and pay bill... just a thought and probably been suggested before, just my 2 cents worth if it helps....

jj24
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
FLIR videos of terrorists being smoked from 1000 meters is one thing, but I think when you begin to show things like drug cartel mutilation videos, your venturing into an area no company would want to be associated with. YouTube shows plenty of FLIR vids, but things like beheadings and mutilation are forbidden and removed quickly.

As others have said, if you can get some advertising here I don't think it would be much of a bother to most users.

PBSFP
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
This is some bullshit. I guess if you spend enough money, (YouTube) you earn the right to show propaganda, anti-America videos, and Taliban attacks. Another double-standard in this society we live in today...There has to be another way though, PayPal cannot be the only company.

Stark
04-20-2011, 05:09 PM
So I had to take a spin with my car and think about all this and than it hit me...in the radio they played the song....

WE'RE GOING DEEPER UNDERGROUND!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

Here is my first ideas...

AC is closed to anybody who isn't a member already
New registrations work by referrals only
We're going underground
No more guests spammers trolls and people that don't want this page
its going to go off the air for everybody apart for Apaches
We move the page to a low server (with no more guests traffic is not that heavy).
We're going to look for Advertisers
We're going to create a new page and associate it with the paypal account.
We're going deeper underground.
AC becomes an underground project
Patriotic, taliban hating, fucking hardcore and elite.
No more bullshit no more trying to compete with other pages
Nobody knows us no advertisment to keep the page growing, the only ads you will see are the once of other elite patriotic pages.
Straight up military straight up war straight up hardcore,

FUCKING BRING IT PAYPAL FUCKING CUUUUUUUUUNT!!!!

Toki
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Good idea, Stark. I never thought about that. It's worked for torrent sites like Demonoid for years now. Registration is closed there. You can only gain access by being referred with a special code.

Do what ever you have to do. I'm behind you 100% of the way.

MadeInRu
04-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Stark, but will it help?

The only way is the way forward :)

Members thing is a good idea. But how good? All of us are here cause of the site, if some one will manage to bring a person once a year, it wont change anything.

Let's look at the possibilities. Give us few days to think about ways, others then paypall.

If we completely go underground, we will be gone in the end. Don't rush on things, let us thing first and give all ideas.

;)

Stark
04-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Stark, but will it help?

The only way is the way forward :)

Members thing is a good idea. But how good? All of us are here cause of the site, if some one will manage to bring a person once a year, it wont change anything.

Let's look at the possibilities. Give us few days to think about ways, others then paypall.

If we completely go underground, we will be gone in the end. Don't rush on things, let us thing first and give all ideas.

;)

I hear ya,

The problem we have is this, we have too many guests, i think the page would be possible to work (and work well) with only members able to view vids,
Which means I can than move the page to a smaller server which could cost a lot less.
I be fucking willing to pay all the server page since I love AC too much to just go down, but I simply cannot aford to pay 700 a month, not with a family etc to support.
So lets take Guests views off which makes the traffic drop straight away.

And I do agree with you, lets put the breaks down, lets think about it, gaypal is gone, no way around it, I might create a page and let you guys donate for this month via that page we see.

But I am seeing a light at the tunnel, I think we can keep this page afloat.

saltydogue
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Would simple Western Union work? There must be an easy way to do this.
Good luck sorting it out! This is a great site, with video you don't see everywhere.
Salty
Paul

MadeInRu
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Good idea, Stark. I never thought about that. It's worked for torrent sites like Demonoid for years now. Registration is closed there. You can only gain access by being referred with a special code.

Do what ever you have to do. I'm behind you 100% of the way.

Tok mate, Demonoid is aimed at 100 million people? Apache is aimed at 10k right now, and in general our public is a much smaller group.

What i think:

Be less aggressive towards religion.

Be less right wing in general, there is no one sided truth in this world, even Obama does some thing very well. Any side can be shown in the most negative way.

I don't remember right now, but is there an age limit when you're registering?

If not, better put one. It's useless as shit.... But we all know that some idiots think otherwise.

Taliban is this and that... You name it.. But what about other things? Myself had a pleasant XP with some dude here. Some one wanted a Russian bride for 29$. It was tolerated.

People can have hard talk, yes. But never change on other things. Underground is known for hard rules if anything. Have an opinion, give it. Have a trash talk, get a ban.

Jdubya
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Yea Stark I agree. We go fucking underground, close registration, and ditch all the people with more than -100 karma. I will help out in any way I can and I will continue to donate or send money regardless of what fucking Paypal thinks. AC is a great page with a great community and great members. (except the spammers and trolls)

WE MUST KEEP F.O.B. APACHE ALIVE!!!

SgtJim
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
yea, make another "fake" page
and donate through that
that's all

and dont go to underground
MadeInRu got the words
avdertisers cheking the site traffic, u know all of this things too....
if u closed the site only for members, the traffic goign down, nobody want to ad here then....

make a "fake" page with big traffic....like a military news collector page or something like that

and Toki said my words too

stanq557
04-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I hop you can get the page sorted,i'm a really big fan of the site!! FUCK YOU PAYPAL

Pongo
04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
A few hours ago I was ready to shoot myself in the face

If you do shoot yourself in the face, can I have your watch ?

MadeInRu
04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I hear ya,

The problem we have is this, we have too many guests, i think the page would be possible to work (and work well) with only members able to view vids,
Which means I can than move the page to a smaller server which could cost a lot less.
I be fucking willing to pay all the server page since I love AC too much to just go down, but I simply cannot aford to pay 700 a month, not with a family etc to support.
So lets take Guests views off which makes the traffic drop straight away.

And I do agree with you, lets put the breaks down, lets think about it, gaypal is gone, no way around it, I might create a page and let you guys donate for this month via that page we see.

But I am seeing a light at the tunnel, I think we can keep this page afloat.

Do the page thing for now, i can donate some money extra this month. Won't cover the month, but should help.

Registration can be closed for now. I don't agree that all people below 100 karma should be banned. Even if opinion don't supports majority, the person who gives it don't supports terrorist or you name it. Just a different opinion.

conorcolt
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
im behind you 100% Stark

CSOR
04-20-2011, 06:52 PM
damn Paypal are so Gay ! Go for the underground!!!

r.g.t.
04-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Could always try opening a banking account to receive funds only, these days a bank transfer takes less than 1 hour in the UK and I'm sure that its about the same over the pond? Post account number etc when server bill comes up and make sure its a receiving account only unless your the account holder, transfer funds out into normal bank account and pay bill... just a thought and probably been suggested before, just my 2 cents worth if it helps....

That's I would have suggested to. Another way would be to set up a PO box and have people send money orders. Stark can deposit them into his account and pay for the server that way.
I don't usually make an appearance on the forums but this is an exception. We CAN'T let AC go under
Chin up stark, a solution will be found. FUCK PAYPAL !

pirate43
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I love Apache ! Can you not just e mail the members an account no. so we all can transfer direct ? i reccon if we all stood for a tenner a month it would cover the bill, and maybe a bit more. I'm up for the fight, mate !

wadevb1
04-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I wheel in deal in guns and hunting related items. When ever someone asks if the can paypal me, I give them a flat out no. I refuse to give them any business.

This is a great site with good people. If there is an alternate payment method, count me in.

thomasjkelley
04-20-2011, 07:45 PM
No self respecting Apache would allow you to take on the responsibility of a $700 monthly server bill by yourself! This is a community, and communities band together in times of need. Though I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, & cannot offer a snazzy solution at the moment, I am ready, willing & able to help, without regard to my own personal safety. I'm pleased to hear Stark say that he is going to stand his ground and fight. We would expect nothing less. When the time comes, I will do what is asked and expected of me. This seems to be the problem with our society. I had an issue myself, with ESPN. For their site avatar, I wanted to use a photo of my brother, armed & on duty in Iraq, surrounded by smiling Iraqi children (It's the same photo I use for my AC avatar). Three times they denied this photo for violating terms of use. When I asked them to explain, I got a two word reply; "offensive material". So ESPN is offended at the sight of an American soldier? It appears so. Now we see that Paypal is offended by a pro-American, pro coalition, pro western, pro freedom website. They should be ashamed of themselves!

kingtut87
04-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm no expert but I do agree with some of the other members about the cartel mutilation videos and random gore videos may have hurt the paypal situation. I remember when this was the best site to come to and see great military related videos, many of which were graphic but that's a part of war. But, in the past few months there's been more and more videos of random drug violence and Islamic execution videos, the Afghani stoning comes to mind, no offense but it brings to mind old gorefest sites like ogrish.com. I'm not telling you how to run your site and I love apacheclips.com just my thoughts. By the way, I still think this is the best site to come to for military videos, visit almost every day. Good luck Stark.

andyedm85
04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
saltydogue & rgt sounds good also, everybody has a bloody western union and or set up po box for money orders
going underground could mean a slow decline in members and slow death to AC. god forbid
where the hell would i find great videos and angus needing his meds! just kidding angus

jamieooh
04-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I would be willing to mail a check if it comes to that. Are the fees for the other money transfer options outrageous.
I can donate extra next month (or this month) if this takes a bit to get worked out.
Also I think getting some ads would be good if it would help with server expense.
Jamie

andyedm85
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
AC has to stay, where do i send $

GetemBoys
04-20-2011, 09:02 PM
This sucks...I have been donating for several months even though I have not been actively posting anymore. Just got a email a few days ago saying it was canceled and did not know why. I know now. Paypal is not the only donation accepting service out there though if you wanted to continue accepting donations. If Apacheclips goes underground than it goes underground.

God Speed Apacheclips!!

PBSFP
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I love that idea too, I think you should make a poll. Let's make this shit underground and be proud that we are a select group of people who are a bit more informed than your average person. Fuck all these trolls who come in here posting random, retarded comments that have no substance. CLOSE THE BORDERS!!!!!

But really, it sounds like a good idea, this site is too good to go down without a fight. I don't have much money but I'd support it for sure.

DevilDog812
04-20-2011, 10:41 PM
why not make a "Support Stark" paypal account that you can donate to. it wont be associated with ApacheClips, but it will be your own personal store of money to be used only for server bills

gucci
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
perhaps you can request donations via money orders /western union / moneygram.com as a form of donation?

Northdave
04-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Here's my thoughts:
1. Agree that an alternative to Pay Punks would work.
2. Could you sell "support" on ebay?
3. I would not mind seeing advertising at all. Such as: NRA, Outdoor mags, SOF/SWAT/Gun mags, Mil-equip vendors, etc...(Heck, try and get PMC's to recruit on the site...I dont care)
4. I think the graphic vids are important. Its intel for the parts of the world (me) that dont see this in the mainstream. Its about the most honest commentary about the world that you can find. We need to see it.
5. The one-way bank account sounds interesting.
6. THANK YOU STARK!

atrox6661
04-20-2011, 11:30 PM
why not make a "Support Stark" paypal account that you can donate to. it wont be associated with ApacheClips, but it will be your own personal store of money to be used only for server bills

I don't see why you can't do this.

phxaz5
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Is it possible to accept credit cards? The vast majority of adult websites all use a company based in Tempe, AZ for credit card processing...they are used to websites that other "traditional" companies like bank processing companies are not willing to deal with. Their name is CCBill. Setting up a subscription model might be the only way to go and charge a nominal rate of...$9.95 or less a year? People should then be able to donate more if you "sell" t-shirts, photos, or any kind of cool Apache memorabilia, etc. Like an auction each month for certain items that equal the amount need to cover server costs and cost of items that are not donated, etc. IN addition to advertising, this could be a decent way to make a small profit as well or extra money to put back into the site for upgrades, etc....just a thought. Keep up the good work! You have a great site!!

usmcpopo
04-21-2011, 12:46 AM
What about setting up a PO box for people to send donations to?

hondaman
04-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Set up your own merchant account, and accept credit cards yourself. Screw paypal, you don't need them.

Good luck Stark, and long live AC

kurgen
04-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Have you looked into E-Gold. or some thing like maybe accepting personal checks or money orders? or western union? just trying to help out.
http://www.e-gold.com/

Benda
04-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Why do you need to link anything to AC.com at all?

Can't you just set up your own individual PayPal account and have payments/donations sent to that?

For example, I have a PayPal account into which anyone can donate or "gift". What i then do with the money/credit, is my business. As far as i know PayPal don't monitor my payments, whether it be for a new car, web server, pair of shoes or a yearly pr0n subscription.

I could be wrong though.

Alternatively, you could just go direct debit to your account.

Baroliche
04-21-2011, 02:41 AM
Stark,

I haven't read all the replies, so this may already be covered, but there are lots of secure ways to accept cash online. You can set up your own merchant account with any bank and then use a payment gateway like authorize.net to take credit card payments that go into that account. Or Google "Paypal Alternatives" for a ton of options.

Good luck and PM me if you have any questions about merchant accounts etc.

-B

eaglethebeagle
04-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Fuck man just when you think you have beaten the chinese bots there is paypal.

first we need to keep apacheclips the way it is never let anyone tell you how to do your business.

Very graphic video of all relative content military, police, cartel (terrorist also), public violence (liberia etc) it is reality of this world the worst of this world that needs to be known and shared to people so we can combat it and not let it spread.

If we had apacheclips before wwII hitler would have never got as far as he did I promise that. Look at quaddafi we are seeing him kill his own people because the internet and also apacheclips.

Would you believe mexicans are cutting men alive like farm animals being slaughtered? I would have not seen it anywhere else for it not AC.

I am glad to know it is happening so I know to never fucking travel to mexico.

Are there sites to see the gore and even more gore? yes but that isnt what this site is about it is a respectable format that demands intelligent comments not the stupid shit stain comments you find on theync, bestgore, youtube even has the terrorist lovers, liveleak as well, certainly we have seen members that think they can do that shit here and then they get bombed with negative karma and mods warm them this isnt live leak and they either smarten up or get timed out.

AC respects the military members and that is unique and also why we must keep out trolls and the terrorist lovers. The internet hajis have come in and they smell up the site and then get whacked and that is how it should be.

There are many ways to fix the paypal issue I will support which ever option is decided on.

Shillontherocks
04-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Damn! Apacheclips can't crumble, before this place all I could ever find were Taliban Propaganda Crap. It sounds cliche and a tongue and cheek way about it but maybe advertising is the best way.
just try and vouch the website as an alternative media outlet to select companies for advertising
i.e. Tactical Gear Outlets, American Sport Firms

Just look for any company willing to put its name to our men and woman fighting for Democracy and I'm sure they'd been willing to fund the website with only a minor concession

Keep the Fight going Apaches!!!

Stark
04-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Why do you need to link anything to AC.com at all?

Can't you just set up your own individual PayPal account and have payments/donations sent to that?

For example, I have a PayPal account into which anyone can donate or "gift". What i then do with the money/credit, is my business. As far as i know PayPal don't monitor my payments, whether it be for a new car, web server, pair of shoes or a yearly pr0n subscription.

I could be wrong though.

Alternatively, you could just go direct debit to your account.

I think thats true to an extend but - when you get around 500 - 700 $ Donations they start asking questions.
I am looking at alternatives, creating a new paypal account etc is all well and good but I want to get away from Paypal all together, in fact I want to get away from the overall member donations, I don't want that anybody feels hes "less" worth if he hasn't donated, all I want is for you guys to have a platform to chat and meet and enjoy.

Stark
04-21-2011, 03:55 AM
Could always try opening a banking acount to receive funds only, these days a bank transfer takes less than 1 hour in the UK and im sure that its about the same over the pond? Post account number etc when server bill comes up and make sure its a receiving account only unless your the account holder, transfer funds out into normal bank account and pay bill... just a thought and probably been suggested before, just my 2 cents worth if it helps....

hmm
never thought of that, I can open a new account in a minute no problem, even can open an account maybe with rapo bank as an e-bank.
Will you guys from the states be able to transfer donations as well?

Armyman83
04-21-2011, 04:38 AM
isnt there a way where we can just wire the money to the person responsible for this website??? i mean i am us infantry man and watching videos helps us with training and show real situations that we love to see and that we can learn from.

masonicsm
04-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Dude. Don't fret, AC will live forever.

masonicsm
04-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Dude. Don't fret, AC will live forever.

Believe this and you'll understand.

TheArmenian
04-21-2011, 05:45 AM
I have worked for an online community before (they had a bunch of sites) and I did all their advertising stuff. Best way to get money from ads is Google AdSense (and eBay Partner Network if you are interested). And trust me, with AC's traffic, you can make some good money. You can pay the server bills and you will still have some money left. You can use that money to make improvements to the site or just keep it for yourself. I think most of us will agree that you deserve it.

Google AdSense works really easy, you don't have to sell the ads. You will get paid for the number of clicks and per 1000 impressions (views). And the best thing is, since there is a lot of military talk here on the site, we will only see related ads.

The two most effective banner sizes are 728x90 and 300x250.

Now, I don't know anything about websites, but Google has explanation on how to insert the banner codes in order for the ads to show on your site.

And you know, having ads on your site shouldn't bother anyone. I mean it will yield income which you can use for the site, you don't have to rely on donations (so you won't have to deal with cunts like paypal), and you won't have to spend your own money on the server costs.

People who don't like ads can simple ignore it but sometime there are interesting stuff you can click on so why not?

I say introduce ads, start with 728x90 in the top of every forum. And just play around a little, see what works best.

EDIT: I would also suggest ads on the home page since a lot of people who visit AC go to the homepage first, and most are not even members so the don't come to the forum.

Stark
04-21-2011, 06:52 AM
I have worked for an online community before (they had a bunch of sites) and I did all their advertising stuff. Best way to get money from ads is Google AdSense (and eBay Partner Network if you are interested). And trust me, with AC's traffic, you can make some good money. You can pay the server bills and you will still have some money left. You can use that money to make improvements to the site or just keep it for yourself. I think most of us will agree that you deserve it.

Google AdSense works really easy, you don't have to sell the ads. You will get paid for the number of clicks and per 1000 impressions (views). And the best thing is, since there is a lot of military talk here on the site, we will only see related ads.

The two most effective banner sizes are 728x90 and 300x250.

Now, I don't know anything about websites, but Google has explanation on how to insert the banner codes in order for the ads to show on your site.

And you know, having ads on your site shouldn't bother anyone. I mean it will yield income which you can use for the site, you don't have to rely on donations (so you won't have to deal with cunts like paypal), and you won't have to spend your own money on the server costs.

People who don't like ads can simple ignore it but sometime there are interesting stuff you can click on so why not?

I say introduce ads, start with 728x90 in the top of every forum. And just play around a little, see what works best.

EDIT: I would also suggest ads on the home page since a lot of people who visit AC go to the homepage first, and most are not even members so the don't come to the forum.

Hi mate,

i hear you, the problem with addsense is that they wouldn't allow ads to be displayed by us do the military videos, a lot of adveristers unless gunstores etc are shying away from military content pages, especially since we don't want to show a watered down version of conflicts around the world.

Stark
04-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Stark,

I haven't read all the replies, so this may already be covered, but there are lots of secure ways to accept cash online. You can set up your own merchant account with any bank and then use a payment gateway like authorize.net to take credit card payments that go into that account. Or Google "Paypal Alternatives" for a ton of options.

Good luck and PM me if you have any questions about merchant accounts etc.

-B

Thanks mate I will get back to you

Zentek777
04-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Maybe it has been suggested before but I am pretty sure it is possible to pay/donate through mobile phone sms.

Perhaps add in that future into the website and I am sure people will start donating small amounts of cash, I mean sending 1$ through an sms donation is peanuts.

Perhaps give certain priviledges, vip status to those that donate a certain amount of money?

I am suggesting this idea since I have been doing it on another website (one where you can download music albums though) and it seems to work very well.

It's just a thought I wanted to share :-)

Would hate to see AC gone or changed as it is right now.

sirspikey
04-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Here is a list from Wikipedia on alternative sites:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_on-line_payment_service_providers

Stark
04-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I have registered with moneybookers - good page I have checked some of the reviews and its all good stuff I hear.
they need me to validate the CC and than I should be able to offer you guys some alternative way of donating, only problem is it will probably come to late for this month which is a bitch since I don't think paypal will give me the money depositited for this month server bill back - fucking cunts.

theterminator
04-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Why dont you try making a bank acount just for while tills you register with another company that can provide online transforming money such as moneybooker.com

SgtJim
04-21-2011, 08:47 AM
yeah, as i said moneybookers.com can be work
i hope, really :lol:

btw i found an old site, but their logo is really cool --->

( <------- there is the "thanks" button :D )

eaglethebeagle
04-21-2011, 09:01 AM
holy shit I love the image verification words that look like shampoo ingredients. shit i will hit the get a new challenge button until it gives me something like "suck nuts" or something short like that every time.

Here is another idea if you need to take credit card payments and people start to shit about using credit cards.

You can now buy reloadable money cards with visa mastercard logos. You can buy them preloaded with 20 or 50 or 100 dollars on them and then use them like a credit card yet its not connected to your real credit card accounts.

So if someone was worried about a credit card use over the net this would be no problem. There are moneygram cards as well. They all allow you to use them as cc over the net yet no risk.

So it just another option and am glad it looks like Stark found another form to receive donations..

Here is wishing no apaches get blue balls today or this weekend its a harsh medical condition no one wants to experience.

matas
04-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Damn Stark that sucks mate , we have to figure out a way to save AC definately. I might not be the most energetic member here but i daily check the uploads and i do really like it here. Apache Clips is the one and only true military action site and it should not be shut down. About the money problem i agree with people above who mentioned using prepaid cards via another money transfering method moneybookers etc That way we minimize the risk to get our credit card accounts phished hacked etc.

Sry for the bad english, i am from Greece so english is my 2nd language.

bob
04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Intuit, Google checkout and eBay can be used to collect donations. Google "online payment system", there's a host of options.

Derp
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Thankfully there are a lot of other payment options. I'd hate to see this site disappear, I browse it a few times every day. Love how there are no other sites like it.

I'll try and give some support once the new payment method gets figured out.

tanerr
04-21-2011, 12:21 PM
paypal alternative:

ukash

or

paysafecard

EDIT: close the site for guests and allow them download from other sites like uploaded . to , you earn from every 1000 downloads 30 euro (and not more traffic for the AC server.)
more info here: uploaded . to / affiliate

PS:and sorry for my bad english

donniedo
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
So here are the only things I can come up with.

Set up one or more paypal account, keep changing the account every month or so in order to keep the tax man from your ass.

Online bank donations straight to your bank, doubt US donations will come through due to the higher costs, also may be a tax problem for you in Germany.

Become a drug dealer/pimp/prostitute and use the money for AC.

gutro
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Stark,
I honestly feel that advertising is the way to go. There's a lot of money that can be made by simply posting a couple banners with links.

When I ran my car club we had 5 vendors that paid for advertising and we charged them $40/month. keep in mind, we were a small, local club. AC is more global and mainly North American in it's demographic. Target related companies that sell fire arms, or the NRA or other related suppliers/services.

The benefit to them is more direct advertising and the ability to offer discounts to AC members, in turn boosting their numbers. If you want, send me a PM and I can send you the proposal and contract that I used to use for my club.

A rotating banner at the top of the page is a MINOR inconvenience for those who love AC.

OzzieSoldja
04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey Stark
1. set up some hippy flower loving account and get your PayPal donations there
2. Just set up a bank account and we can direct transfer there.

or
Have an Admin set up a paypal and then transfer it to your bank.

I'm sure you will figure it out
regards
Nigel

Lutwy123
04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Here's my thoughts:
1. Agree that an alternative to Pay Punks would work.
2. Could you sell "support" on ebay?
3. I would not mind seeing advertising at all. Such as: NRA, Outdoor mags, SOF/SWAT/Gun mags, Mil-equip vendors, etc...(Heck, try and get PMC's to recruit on the site...I dont care)
4. I think the graphic vids are important. Its intel for the parts of the world (me) that dont see this in the mainstream. Its about the most honest commentary about the world that you can find. We need to see it.
5. The one-way bank account sounds interesting.
6. THANK YOU STARK!

I love A.C. and to be honest couldn't imagine sitting at my pc without it, Northdave has a good idea with the ebay listing. You could list a one cent coin for say $10 and keep the listing going... you would lose a little through final value fees but at least it would be a payment for an item not directly associated with A.C.

angusnra
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Just let us know where to send $.

AC won't die.
Others might, but not us.

Muster the troops. Engage the enemy with superior and overwhelming firepower and maneuver.
To the victor...and all that other shit.
Fuck gaypal. I never liked 'em anyhow.

There's a lot of good advice on this thread to keep AC breathing. You Apaches are God damned smart...I'll tell you that much.

Me? I just grab a weapon or two and wreck house, then go to jail.
So don't listen to my advice. I'm a fucking dumb ass.

Thank God for Xanax and Zoloft (and the rational thinking of the other Apaches).

cunny_funt
04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Nothing is impossible, fuck gaypal :)

goinloco1
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Stark
04-22-2011, 03:00 AM
I've spend a lot of time yesterday till the early hours of the morning lol to find an alternative way to fund the page.
Thing will have to change, I think my dream of having a webbanner free page is probably an utopian dream - Eris is already looking at it, given that she is about the second convincing woman I have ever talked to (first would be my wife) she probably
will be promoted to an AC Representative position soon.

Anyways folks keep the comments up I read them all and they really really help since it gives us new ideas and such.

soupisgoodfood
04-22-2011, 05:08 AM
I got it, I'll start my own payment website and call it "billbud." It'll be legit.

Chaser
04-22-2011, 08:05 AM
make a new site with unicorns, little ponys and a paypal button, link to this site and the paypalfuckers have no possibillity to shut your account down.

thats so fucked up, i had the same problems with one of my sites - 2 paypal accounts closed.

keep strong stark, we all stay behind you!

rocky5544
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
and I am more than happy to provide the name of who we use if you want. Works the same way, sort of, and they have no problem with any type of webpage. We had our paypal account closed by the bastards over something similar and all the money in the account held.

As to the rest, love it. I would suggest though that instead of closing down membership, you simply charge a fee. A small fee (lifetime membership) is not going to keep people away who really want to join, and by some small chance trolls are willing to pay the price to spam or mock, you made a few bucks off of them and now they are banned. If they join again, you made a few more bucks and banned them again. But shutting down membership except by invite works until the ones who are trolls or spammers who have not yet shown themselves invite a bunch in who also invite a bunch in and you are back in the same boat.

As to paypal, screw em. Use another company and keep the bucks flowing. As to advertisement, use em. Plenty of ways to make a few bucks including pre video advertisement which only causes viewers to have a 15 to 30 second pause before viewing the video and because of it, you get paid. Google ads suck since you have to maintain close to a million a month views to make any money and they like to grab funds as well for just about anything they claim violates their policy.

Telling you or warning would be a better word, setting up a seperate page for paypal may work for the near future. But as sure as dogs you do not own seem to always shit in your yard, some dick guzzler will report you and then you are back in the same boat and more funds are lost. Change companies and that will solve that.

MadeInRu
04-22-2011, 04:48 PM
See Stark, plenty of useful comments here.

Wish all the best to Eris, good health foremost :)

Apacheclips will be just fine :)