PDA

View Full Version : First F-35 JSF simulator delivered to U.S. Air Force

SgtJim
04-20-2011, 07:22 AM
http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=5&d=http%3A%2F%2Fj.mp%2FdRNlqW

i wanna try this now! :)

---

ORLANDO, Fla., 19 April 2011. - The first F-35 Lightning II full mission simulator (FMS) was delivered to Eglin Air Force Base's 33rd Fighter Wing by Lockheed Martin.10482 The simulator uses a high-fidelity 360-degree visual display system and a reconfigurable cockpit that simulates all three aircraft variants for U.S. and international partner services. The system is the highest fidelity trainer in the F-35 pilot-training-device suite, accurately replicating all F-35 sensors and weapons deployment.

Preparation and assembly is underway at the base's F-35 Integrated Training Center (ITC) for training to commence this fall.

"JSF training technology brings a revolutionary new capability to the joint services," says Col. Arthur Tomassetti, 33rd Fighter Wing Vice Commander. "The smooth surface, high-resolution dome is a dramatic improvement over legacy fighter simulators. The high visual acuity and utilization of a significant amount of real aircraft parts and source code will allow us to train a wide variety of mission tasks previously not accomplished in simulators. The F-35 FMS will be our primary pilot training device, and we are anxious to start putting it to good use."

In all F-35 simulators, actual aircraft software is used to give pilots the most realistic experience and allow software upgrades in step with the F-35 development. Small group training events with pilot and maintenance instructors are currently being held at the ITC using maintenance, desktop, and mission trainers.

"This is a tremendous milestone for the F-35 training team," says Joanne Puglisi, director of F-35 Training and Support at Lockheed Martin Global Training and Logistics. "We are committed to providing the next generation of F-35 fighter pilots and maintainers with the most advanced training systems in the world. The FMS is a key component in that capability."

The fully-integrated F-35 pilot-and-maintenance training center at Eglin AFB, Fla., will be home to a full spectrum of the latest courseware, electronic classrooms, simulators, and flight events. A balance of skill and knowledge training is woven into the program with interactive courseware, desktop simulators, and high-fidelity training devices.

http://vimeo.com/22647959

Oni
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
why did they get rid of the f22?

fiestybean
05-02-2011, 11:45 PM
why did they get rid of the f22?

More likey cuz of the cost of the F-22....but they way they been putting it the F-35 aint that cheap either and the gov would just renovate the already other existing fighter jets in service.....so basically who the fuck knows??? lol thats all i got :P

Scott
05-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Excellent news, can't wait for the F-35 :D

gutro
05-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lightning has better electronics and systems. Other than that.... the Lightning can hover and land/take off vertically, something the Raptor can't do.

base64
05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
So how many quarters does this thing take?

Oni
05-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lightning has better electronics and systems. Other than that.... the Lightning can hover and land/take off vertically, something the Raptor can't do.

but the raptor can fly five feet in front of it and you will never be able to lock on with a missile... or so they say :D

LoneWolf808
05-05-2011, 09:25 PM
So wait.....They are stopping the F-22 Program? I thought the F-22 and F-35 are ment to work as a team?

Anyway, Isn't the F-35 Mean to replace the Harrier?

nastyleg
05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
So wait.....They are stopping the F-22 Program? I thought the F-22 and F-35 are ment to work as a team?

Anyway, Isn't the F-35 Mean to replace the Harrier?

F22 program was stopped because of cost. The F35 is a hugely contraversial fighter because the cost of that fucking engine. The senate subarms committee or however they wanna be called canvelled te program so many times but there are senators and congressmen who have factories built in thier constituant areas that they refuse to let it die.......DOD has stopped it on its own twice after it was approved for funding.

joel
05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
canada cant wait to get there hands on it also