PDA

View Full Version : Man vs Machine

Cruelbreed
03-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Possibly a silly question but oh what the hell. Will there ever be a time where men as foot soldiers become obsolete. The only replacements I can see our ground robots and perhaps some lower flying armed drones. Do you think man will ever stop having to be warriors on the ground, or is that unrealistic even in the future. I'd bet on no, there will always be the need for men on the ground. The soldiers of the future will just have some little cyborg like tech advancements I assume. I've often been wrong though :)

EXCONservative
03-22-2009, 06:21 PM
If machines ever replace men in combat...it's going to be a really bad situation for mankind.
Imagine protesting in the streets and being met by androids devoid of emotion with the right to shoot to kill?
Lol. Won't that be an interesting situation?

Well, I don't ever see robots replacing people in combat but I do see many trying to push that envelope as far as possible.
Getting waxed by a droid on the battlefield just doesn't seem fair. Like rise of the machines or something?
I don't like the concept...even if they are on my side. Seems immoral.

Cruelbreed
03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
If machines ever replace men in combat...it's going to be a really bad situation for mankind.
Imagine protesting in the streets and being met by androids devoid of emotion with the right to shoot to kill?
Lol. Won't that be an interesting situation?

Well, I don't ever see robots replacing people in combat but I do see many trying to push that envelope as far as possible.
Getting waxed by a droid on the battlefield just doesn't seem fair. Like rise of the machines or something?
I don't like the concept...even if they are on my side. Seems immoral.

What we're currently seeing is that these androids AKA UAV's that already exist are operated and given the go by humans miles and miles away. Perhaps the concept won't evolve to be completely humanless? Hopefully there will always be humans pressing the buttons and giving the go. Will man ever be obsolete in combat situations though ? Sad thoughts.

sr338
03-23-2009, 03:20 AM
We're going to see a lot of changes in the way people do combat... even within my career probably. That said, the human brain will always be the most deadly weapon.

To quote the governator, "I... am.... a machine!"