PDA

View Full Version : Shatto goes on drugs

shatto
04-14-2011, 01:25 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_4xQFBZJE2fI/TaW8IJDsZ7I/AAAAAAAAGOg/ui7lw2Eojks/s720/DSC0346.JPG
No. Not the kind of drugs that make the Jeep (above) look like it is on LSD (below)
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_4xQFBZJE2fI/TaW8LU8xJQI/AAAAAAAAGOo/ieRY3fKY0_o/s720/DSC03437.JPG
Refugee from a Batman Movie?

This year has been uncomfortable.

Except for a massive dose of Ibuprofen, 1,200MG, to knock down the oncoming migraine headache as it starts, I take no drugs at all.
I've been secretly smug, comparing against my sister and brother in-law who have had to use cocktails of various prescriptions multiple times a day, just like sickly old people.
I have had arthritic pain in my thumbs for some time now, that will occasionally cause a sharp, shooting pain, reminiscent of red-hot nails inserted in the joint. I live with that because it is episodic.

But this year aches and pains have grown steadily stronger, to where I noticed myself grunting and groaning each time I get up from bed or a chair and exit my truck, and I realized that it was because of the serious tightness and soreness in the tendons and joints. Seems odd that I would stiffen-up so as I am in and out of Clyde the Ride and I heft a fair amount of weight on a pretty regular basis, over 1,000 lbs yesterday. Maybe I need a more rounded exercise program.

Anyway, I suddenly remembered the old prescription for Naproxen 500MG (Aleve) and added it to the pill box with the vitamins. A couple days and now I feel pain free.

Judy just did her Mister Spock and gave a Mona Lisa smile. Wives are like that.

Sixx
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
lol

Man you crack me up with your posts.

ErisKillton
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I think you have to be on drugs to understand this post....

LoL...
Jeeps on LSD? Batman? Napoxen?

Nice. Real nice...
Glad whatever it was you took worked tho.
:D

shatto
04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I think you have to be on drugs to understand this post....

LoL...
Jeeps on LSD? Batman? Napoxen?

Nice. Real nice...
Glad whatever it was you took worked tho.
:DThanks. For some odd reason I have more aches than I used to.
This morning I dropped in to the local VA Clinic and got a print out of my medical expenses, for the taxes. It always secretly amuses me that all those creaky, hobbling, gray-haired guys used to be able to run and jump and carry loads and climb and march.....and now we can't. What's with that!