PDA

View Full Version : Apr. 04., 2011. - Afghan, ISAF Officials Investigate Shooting Incident in Faryab

SgtJim
04-04-2011, 07:10 AM
another "talib agent" ???
i'll try to update if i've got new infos

----------------

ISAF Joint Command - Afghanistan
2011-04-C-010
For Immediate Release

KABUL, Afghanistan (April 4, 2011) – Afghan and International Security Assistance Forces are investigating a shooting incident in Faryab province today that led to the deaths of two ISAF service members.

According to initial reporting, an individual in an Afghan Border Police uniform fired on the ISAF members inside a compound. The individual who fired the shots fled the scene.

More information will be released as it becomes available.

It is ISAF policy to defer casualty identification procedures to the relevant national authorities.

SgtJim
04-04-2011, 05:39 PM
***UPDATE***

International Security Assistance Force
2011-04-CA-004
ISAF Headquarters Public Affairs

KABUL, Afghanistan (April 4, 2011) – The International Security Assistance Force condemns the killing today of two soldiers by an individual wearing an Afghan Border Police uniform in Maimanah District, Faryab Province.

Initial reports indicate that a lone gunman opened fire outside a meeting between ISAF and Afghan Border Patrol representatives.

The two ISAF members were killed during the engagement.

Friendly forces dispatched a Quick Reaction Force, but the suspect has not yet been apprehended.

“The blatant murder of these two ISAF members is a tragic and unacceptable event, and we strongly condemn it,” said General David Petraeus, ISAF Commander. “We send our deepest condolences to the families of those killed. ISAF also appreciates President Karzai’s condemnation of this incident and statement of condolences to the families. We pledge to remain steadfast in our work with our Afghan partners to help them apprehend this criminal and bring him to justice.”

Ambassador Mark Sedwill, NATO's Senior Civilian Representative to Afghanistan added, "The murder of these soldiers was a contemptible crime. I extend my deepest condolences to their families for their loss. The attack was clearly designed to undermine the trust between ISAF and our Afghan partners. It will fail."

SgtJim
04-07-2011, 07:18 AM
*** UPDATE ***

and that's all! nice work! :USA:

------------------------------------

ISAF Joint Command - Afghanistan
2011-04-S-021
For Immediate Release

KABUL, Afghanistan (April 7, 2011) – A combined Afghan and coalition security force planned and conducted an operation today in Maimanah, district, Faryab province, targeting the Afghan Border Policeman who killed two International Security Assistance Force service members April 4 in the same district.

The successful operation resulted in the death of the individual responsible for the shooting. Two other suspected insurgents were detained for further questioning.

The combined force was led to the insurgent’s location based on multiple intelligence reports.