PDA

View Full Version : I Want Answers

shatto
04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
1. Who will attend Castro's funeral?

2. In the greater San Francisco Bay Area dozens of hospitals are adding entire buildings. Why?
We knew Obama planned taking over healthcare, meaning hospitals......so, why continue construction? Do they know something that maybe we should?

3. The evening 'eyeball news' reporter reported that the rise in gas prices has offset the savings of the extended Bush tax cuts.
Hmmmmmm, did politicians engineer that to keep the same amount of money flowing to government?

4. Is ignorance bliss?

5. The documentary; "Inside Job" does a very good job of chronicling the collapse of the world economy. It takes names and kicks butt.
Nobody who caused it been prosecuted and nobody has been punished. But Obama has them fixing things. Why?

6. Every election; we are told that government will have to furlough or fire the cops, firemen, paramedics and teachers if we don't agree to pay more taxes.
Why them?
Why not the bureaucrats?

7. Why do guys wear their pants below their butt?

8. President Jefferson dispatched the Marines to Tripoli and they kicked butt because pirates captured a couple American ships.
Today, Somali Pirates hold 30 ships and 600 hostages.
Makes one wonder.....

9. Why don't they teach speed-reading and memory courses in grade school?

10. When I am out of cash......I can keep on spending. Until the credit runs out.
Why can Obama.....and Congress, spend money my great grandchildren have not yet earned?

11. Where is it dark enough to see the stars?

jamieooh
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
1. Who will attend Castro's funeral?
Sean Penn

2. In the greater San Francisco Bay Area dozens of hospitals are adding entire buildings. Why?
We knew Obama planned taking over healthcare, meaning hospitals......so, why continue construction? Do they know something that maybe we should?
Private (for profit) hospitals will be limited to 200 beds after Obamacare (if my memory is correct.

3. The evening 'eyeball news' reporter reported that the rise in gas prices has offset the savings of the extended Bush tax cuts.
Hmmmmmm, did politicians engineer that to keep the same amount of money flowing to government?
honestly I don't know if they are that smart

4. Is ignorance bliss?
Based on someone I work with I will say yes

5. The documentary; "Inside Job" does a very good job of chronicling the collapse of the world economy. It takes names and kicks butt.
Nobody who caused it been prosecuted and nobody has been punished. But Obama has them fixing things. Why?
good question

6. Every election; we are told that government will have to furlough or fire the cops, firemen, paramedics and teachers if we don't agree to pay more taxes.
Why them?
Why not the bureaucrats? cops, firemen, & paramedic losing their job will pull at your heart string . teachers not sure look how we rank in the world in education.

7. Why do guys wear their pants below their butt?
I think it's because they are slightly queer or bi. why else would you show off your butt.

8. President Jefferson dispatched the Marines to Tripoli and they kicked butt because pirates captured a couple American ships.
Today, Somali Pirates hold 30 ships and 600 hostages.
Makes one wonder.....

9. Why don't they teach speed-reading and memory courses in grade school?

“When school children start paying union dues, that 's when I'll start representing the interests of school children.”
That notorious quote was from Albert Shanker, President of the Teachers Union (United Federation of Teachers) from 1964 to 1984 as well as President of the Teachers Union (American Federation of Teachers) from 1974 to 1997.

10. When I am out of cash......I can keep on spending. Until the credit runs out.
Why can Obama.....and Congress, spend money my great grandchildren have not yet earned?
you can but just expect a visit from the Secret Service if you print your own money.

11. Where is it dark enough to see the stars?
I will leave Barry's wife Michelle out of this answer .
You need to be as far away from civilization as possible. To avoid pollution .

shatto
04-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Carrizozo, New Mexico is near our high desert property. Far out enough?
Hard to believe that there are people, reading this, who have never seen the full glory and splendor of the heavens.

In the mountains of Ethiopia, I have seen three satellites in the sky at the same time. And have watched the sky do a planetarium show as I spent the night repairing flat tires.

eaglethebeagle
04-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Who is more stupid the politician who everyone hates yet controls nuclear warheads and new laws?
Or the people who complain about the politician and yet never get off their ass to try and make change themselves?

Voting is good but you don't know the person your voting for so the only person you do know everything about is yourself so get up and become someone that can make a change for the better.

Good questions....

jamieooh
04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I would think that would be far enough.
I used to lay on the top of my tank and look at the night sky with night vision goggles.
That's pretty cool . Green but cool.
Also on liveleak there are several timelaps videos of the night sky from different areas.
You might enjoy. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=46d_1190735867
You might look at www.space.com . They might have maps for best night sky viewing .
Jamie

shatto
04-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Green. Sounds cool as hell.

Have you been in the dark long enough for your night vision to completely work? Moonlight seems like day and you can make out most things by starlight.

jamieooh
04-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I have but has been along long time. I'm kind of a city boy now.
I 'm taking a big road trip this August to some national parks. I will try to remember to get away from it all one night and look up again. I probably better set a reminder on my phone . lol.
I would like to set up a blog just for this trip and post some pics and videos.

shatto
04-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Absolutely do an album for us!

I hope you can get away from all the people who haul all their 'stuff' (God bless you George Carlin) into the wilderness so they will have everything they left....with them, and enjoy the magnificence of our land.

jamieooh
04-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Honestly I will be taking a laptop . I'm taking that to download my pictures and hopefully upload to a blog or something similar. I need to check into that to see what my best options are. I will have to take my phone in case work has questions.
I'm going to the Badlands area up to Glacier national park.

shatto
04-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Solar battery charger. Quieter than a Honda generator :)
What 'options' are you considering?

jamieooh
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure. I heard google has free sites. I just haven't looked in to it to much yet.
I want a something I can post pics and videos. I want it to be easy to use. Easy to set up. I don't want to have to learn html. On top of all that I hope to find something that allow me to upload fairly large files.
My digital camera pics in tiff mode will print out at 25x37 by default ( printers at work). I take pictures of nature.
Not very manly lol but its what I enjoy. I can send you a couple if you would like.

shatto
04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I have had good luck with Google's Picasa.

eaglethebeagle
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
nature not manly? Jamie tell that to Les Stroud and Bear Grylls those dudes are bad ass .

recurveman
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
The guys that wear their pants below the butt do it so that cops dont have to work as hard to catch them. The minute they start running their pants fall down and they fall. I personally think undercover cops started the trend to help their patrol buddies out a little bit.

recurveman
04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Afghanistan.. although dirty crappy place has beautiful stars thanks to the taliban. Taliban imposed laws say that everyone has to turn off their lights at 10pm :) yay!

jamieooh
04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
nature not manly? Jamie tell that to Les Stroud and Bear Grylls those dudes are bad ass .
I can't watch either of those guys.

Mel
04-04-2011, 09:49 PM
jamieooh if you get out around Yellow Stone,you have to stop by the Grand Teton mountains.This is some of the most spectacular scenery you will ever lay your eyes on.

jamieooh
04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
jamieooh if you get out around Yellow Stone,you have to stop by the Grand Teton mountains.This is some of the most spectacular scenery you will ever lay your eyes on.
Mel,
Been there. Most likely I will be back in August (right after Sturgis). Gonna hang around South Dakota then up to Glacier, down to Yellowstone/Grand Teton.

Mel
04-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I've got some pics like that,I swear Jamieooh the most beautiful place I've ever been.

jamieooh
04-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Shatto
This is suppose to be from Arizona .
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c9e_1302030402