PDA

View Full Version : Computer Junk Slowing

shatto
03-26-2011, 05:39 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_4xQFBZJE2fI/TY5OKy-YTMI/AAAAAAAAGHE/evv5OrGN90E/s720/DSC03109.JPG

Why does this product find all kinds of stuff when doing it longhand and using other products don't find anything?

I've been having Hotmail trouble, works, but keeps saying it can't connect to the internet and locks up for periods of time.
Everything else seems to be okay.

jamieooh
03-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Shato
I was using firefox 3.8.11 (something like that) I was having problems with hotmail too.
Hotmail seemed to be continually refreshing and if i left hotmail open in a tab firefox would lock up.
Windows 7 would resolve the problem most of the time when firefox would lock up.
I use norton 360 and it would find no problems. Last night I upgraded to firefox 4 and so far no problems with hotmail.

shatto
03-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Shato
I was using firefox 3.8.11 (something like that) I was having problems with hotmail too.
Hotmail seemed to be continually refreshing and if i left hotmail open in a tab firefox would lock up.
Windows 7 would resolve the problem most of the time when firefox would lock up.
I use norton 360 and it would find no problems. Last night I upgraded to firefox 4 and so far no problems with hotmail.
I sorta figured that out and just deleted Fixcleaner.
I think they function like 'the drive-by media' who find a bunch of unimportant stuff and relabel it to make it sound serious.
All I was trying to do was get Hotmail to stop saying it can't connect to the internet and taking forever to complete a task.
My problems began when I downloaded Firefox 4, which I have removed and reloaded a number of times now.

This pops up each time I open Firefox.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_4xQFBZJE2fI/TY5-N9TzCYI/AAAAAAAAGHs/FUywaAniy2k/s720/DSC03115.JPG
When I delete it, this opens
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_4xQFBZJE2fI/TY5-L6VA7HI/AAAAAAAAGHo/nF6EDCQz2ds/s720/DSC03114.JPG
When I remove it, then Firefox opens....and seems to run fine, except for hotmail.

In fact, I just went to a number of email links using IE and they work fine. Problem seems to be with Firefox.

jamieooh
03-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I found 1 person that seems to have a similar problem but that person is using firefox beta 11
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/749513#answer-145646
I'm running window 7 64 bit which is unsupported according to firefox. Maybe thats why mine is working fine lol.
Maybe by chance you got a beta or corrupt version.
Sorry I could not be more helpful. I thought I was helping at first .
Jamie

Tripster
03-27-2011, 01:39 AM
I would highly suggest not using those software, they can completely fry very important files raging from windows to user. I suggest just using CCleaner, those software are a headache for techs but if you want a similar software like that and you have the knowledge on computer/windows files I also suggest Windows 7 Manager (paid version).

Also, lots of those software are spyware and can cause BSOD's (Blue Screen Of Death) like no tomorrow.

shatto
03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I ran CCleaner last night and things are a tad faster but......
the damn 'script application' things are still there.

shatto
03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I found 1 person that seems to have a similar problem but that person is using firefox beta 11
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/749513#answer-145646
I'm running window 7 64 bit which is unsupported according to firefox. Maybe thats why mine is working fine lol.
Maybe by chance you got a beta or corrupt version.
Sorry I could not be more helpful. I thought I was helping at first .
Jamie
Good point. Thanks for finding this.
A few years ago I stopped using Firefox for a year because it was at war with Zone Alarm and that caused all sorts of interesting things to happen. Why? I paid for one, so the free browser went.
I bet a similar thing is happening with my Hotmail, which works fine using IE.

Tripster
03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I ran CCleaner last night and things are a tad faster but......
the damn 'script application' things are still there.

Good point. Thanks for finding this.
A few years ago I stopped using Firefox for a year because it was at war with Zone Alarm and that caused all sorts of interesting things to happen. Why? I paid for one, so the free browser went.
I bet a similar thing is happening with my Hotmail, which works fine using IE.

I am not a computer tech but I personally would reinstall Windows but if ya can backup all ya data and etc first on a external harddrive. A fresh clean install is always good anyways 1-2 times a year (I do this more often though).

You don't mind posting all the softwares you have do ya? I ask this cause it could really help me out on figuring out what is the root of all this script errors.

I will ask for this info:

Operating Software: Nevermind
Amount of RAM:
Harddrive space:
Screenshots of the said error: Nevermind

I then can relay this info to a buddy of mine and see what she thinks could fix this issue, shes the pro. I ask for these is cause that software could of deleted some files for other software, they are known to do that.

CCleaner is absoulety safe, the only thing you can do with CCleaner is accidentally erase all ya history/cookies/saved password caches and those minor (to some at least) things.

Sorry if this is all jumbled and hard to understand, I am sicker than a dog right now. :eusa_doh:

SgtJim
03-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Shatto!

im a computer expert....(allegedly) :)

so, contact me, i will help you