PDA

View Full Version : China's missile frigate is now in libiyan waters

cromagnumman
03-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I have no idea what the Reds re up to if u guys have any idea post them.....this is just weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVRZtV8Kg0

CrookedSmirk
03-22-2011, 10:18 AM
This..Doesn't sit well with me. Not at all. China's recent arms buildup and aggression has me worried.

I just hope we're ready for them -- should the need arise.

MadeInRu
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
They're coming out from the shadow to flex their muscles now. Was to be expected for a long time. And now is the best time for it. Jump in when situation is unstable and make sure you grab a chunk of influence.

MadeInRu
03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
While Russia, USA and NATO countries are talking bullshit at each other and making political show out of it, they're keeping it quiet and doing their thing. You know what they say, when idiots fight, smart ones making money.

SirCumalot
03-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Dont be worried (yet), mission is as usual (i think);

1. gather data, for example flight plans, trying to get radar signature (or sound or heat) of b2 bombers etc, accoustic signature of subs
2. show precence, i.e. flex muscle (as stated above)
3. participate, to gain influence
4. foto moment (smile), take pictures for state television how China "helps" the poor rebels.... i.e. propaganda
5. ow, and getting the Chinese people back home from Libya.

I think China's biggest concern is the uprising of the people. If this happens in China it might teach the governement how to react (or not). China doesnt have much to fear from the outside, it would be large scale or nothing.

fenix9885
03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Dont be worried (yet), mission is as usual (i think);

1. gather data, for example flight plans, trying to get radar signature (or sound or heat) of b2 bombers etc, accoustic signature of subs
2. show precence, i.e. flex muscle (as stated above)
3. participate, to gain influence
4. foto moment (smile), take pictures for state television how China "helps" the poor rebels.... i.e. propaganda
5. ow, and getting the Chinese people back home from Libya.

I think China's biggest concern is the uprising of the people. If this happens in China it might teach the governement how to react (or not). China doesnt have much to fear from the outside, it would be large scale or nothing.

Exactly. One of the first things I thought after the start of hostilites was how are the Russians and Chinese going to use this to their advantage? If they can send a ship to sit near ours and just monitor everything we do, they can get a better idea how we conduct strike operations. This gives them a big advantage because they haven't had any real world experience with these type of conflicts in a very long time (ever for China). They can sit back and record all of the ELINT data they want and see how the big boys really conduct war. Rather than actually man up and help the rest of the world, they can just watch how we do it and then try and use those tactics agaisnt us if we ever go to war against each other. China has very little real military experience, it is smart of them to try and get as much data on how real wars are conducted. The least they could do is use some of their missiles to take out some of the S-200 sites near Tripoli. Those are the only SAMs that are capable of hurting our planes

Yono
03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
They're telling the world they are not to be ignored

MadeInRu
03-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Exactly. One of the first things I thought after the start of hostilites was how are the Russians and Chinese going to use this to their advantage? If they can send a ship to sit near ours and just monitor everything we do, they can get a better idea how we conduct strike operations. This gives them a big advantage because they haven't had any real world experience with these type of conflicts in a very long time (ever for China). They can sit back and record all of the ELINT data they want and see how the big boys really conduct war. Rather than actually man up and help the rest of the world, they can just watch how we do it and then try and use those tactics agaisnt us if we ever go to war against each other. China has very little real military experience, it is smart of them to try and get as much data on how real wars are conducted. The least they could do is use some of their missiles to take out some of the S-200 sites near Tripoli. Those are the only SAMs that are capable of hurting our planes

Please elaborate, with which type of conflicts Russians didn't had experience? And did you saw any Russian ships around? How the big boys conduct wars? My friend, less bravado please.

bbatz
03-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Yea, maybe they wanna grab a chunck of influence there...Intelligence gathering too, but I think war with china would be useless to US and even China...I mean, americans have business there everywhere, chinese men have business in America, South Korea, etc... If they was to try and get to war with US, they would support North Korea or something like that...

Malark3y
03-22-2011, 11:14 PM
They just want a piece of the action.

Tripster
03-23-2011, 07:35 AM
This isn't good no matter the situation at hand, flexing muscles and all that shit just leads to some hardcore gossip/rumors and turmoil....nothin good can come out of this situation with China whatsoever. Call me paranoid but history explains these tactics all to well and I kinda recall readin about said tactic in the book The Art Of War By Sun Tzu.

eaglethebeagle
03-23-2011, 09:54 AM
fuck all the strategy talk if there is ever another war on the scale of WWII with China or Russia fuck it I say push the button and send all the ICBM's off on their merry way. I dont want to see another world war I would rather we all just get microwaved in a split second and we all meet up on the other side slapping high fives and walking naked hand and hand together....You hear what I am saying...lol

eaglethebeagle
03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
To speak to the point I dont think China feels comfortable seeing all these dictator led countries being liberated. The communist feel threatened and they are concerned their people are on the verge of an uprising they may have never seen before. How would we handle rebels in China trying to overthrow their communist government?

They are maybe pissing down their leg at what could be about to come.

cromagnumman
03-23-2011, 10:38 AM
To speak to the point I dont think China feels comfortable seeing all these dictator led countries being liberated. The communist feel threatened and they are concerned their people are on the verge of an uprising they may have never seen before. How would we handle rebels in China trying to overthrow their communist government?

They are maybe pissing down their leg at what could be about to come.

yea good point if shit hits the fan in china there will be no exports to the west and than prices will skyrocket and the shit will go atomic in the west......i personally am worried about china's recent escapades it means something, and that something doesn't sit well with me

eaglethebeagle
03-23-2011, 10:51 AM
imagine if we no longer had American business using china to manufacture and they had to bring those jobs back to America....abra cadabra magic we have jobs again and economy comes back.

Dagger64
03-23-2011, 08:55 PM
This has been China's recent trend to be seen as a world power. Last time they pulled anything during a conflict involving the WEST, it was Kosovo. We ended up "accidentally bombing" their embassy. {Nato deliberately bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade during the war in Kosovo after discovering it was being used to transmit Yugoslav army communications.} They got the horns and they didnt like it, and there wasnt a damn thing they could do. I think China's Nationalistic Armed Forces will end up butting heads with it's "Materialistic" populace. The real power lies with the military.
(Kosovo 1999)