PDA

View Full Version : Islamic extremism...product of environment?

ch229151
03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I'd like some of your thoughts on this!

Why is it that every conflict within the the confines of planet Earth somehow revolves around Muslim anger? Why is it that every continent has some threat directly related to this religion and followers? Africa, North America, Europe, many of the Pan-Asian nations are all on the list of places affected by Islamic extremism.
There may be no correct answer to this, but one may have some insight into the religion by looking at its demographic data rather than it's scriptures.

Islam is the largest religion next to Christianity, although Islamic influence has spread over a MUCH greater distance than Christianity. It is because this religion has reached the forgotten citizens of the world that we see such violence. And by forgotten people, I mean anyone living in a third world nation where majority, if not all the citizens live well below the UN standards of poverty. These people have absolutely nothing to live for. They till land, raise live stock, till more land, raise more livestock and that's it. They have no purposes, no goals, no ambitions.

It is these weak minded, uneducated people who are influenced so greatly by the religious zealotry placed upon them by outside forces or their political leaders. It is human nature to want and need a purpose, and without one the mind becomes a breeding ground for anyone with a way to attain such purpose in life.

It is this impressionable empty void that can be easily influenced through tales of heroism, reward, honor, and sacrifice and this is where things can VERY easily go awry. The uneducated mind has no ability to think outside the box. No ability to view cause and effect or extrapolate scenarios beyond what is currently being observed or experienced. And no ability to think as an intelligent individual.

If we look at where Islamic radicalism breeds, 90% of the influence is found within nations well under the poverty line. I'm not talking about Islam, I'm talking about radical Islam. The Middle East, Eastern Europe, Thailand, the countless African nations are all nations who's citizens dwell under the poverty line. The other 10% is found in developed nations but is practiced by the underlings of society that make up its bottom tier in the cultural hierarchy.

Is it safe to assume the problem with Islam is that it's outreach has touched too many impressionable, uneducated people looking for a purpose and goal? That it's not so much the scriptures of Islam as it is the impressionable, unemployed, unambitious, and uneducated 18-32 year old men who have no place to vent their anger?

Perhaps...what do you all think?

-Craig

Kurticus
03-01-2011, 11:55 AM
It is absolutely a product of the environment those people grow up in. Your childhood and the things you experience when you're a child shape the person you turn out to be (what you enjoy, dislike, political and social opionions, etc.). So if they are constantly exposed to lunacy and violence and other terrible things throughout their youth, then they are destined to experience those same things as an adult.

Shit apples grow up to be shit apple trees, only to produce more shit apples. It's a vicious cycle that should, but probably won't be addressed, at least for a while anyways. Crazy ass ragheads, it's not their fault!

762FMJfan
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Islam itself is based on war and terrorism. Their so called "prophet" was a terrorist himself whose main goal was the eradication of the Jewish population in the Arabian penisula and "booty". One only has to look at the historical writings of the Arab historians that chronicled his terrorist campaign.

What do you expect the so-called radicals to brainwash the local youth and weak minded population with? The teachings of a radical, violent religion. Islam.

eaglethebeagle
03-03-2011, 05:21 AM
i thought you were against the war on terror ?

762fmj your so far conflicting and contradicting welcome aboard.

762FMJfan
03-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Yes I'm against the war.

Didn't say I loved smelly ignorant fucking ragheads.

Personally I think the world would be a much better (and safer) place with the removal of Islam all together!

Arab Solidarity
03-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Islam itself is based on war and terrorism. Their so called "prophet" was a terrorist himself whose main goal was the eradication of the Jewish population in the Arabian penisula and "booty". One only has to look at the historical writings of the Arab historians that chronicled his terrorist campaign.

What do you expect the so-called radicals to brainwash the local youth and weak minded population with? The teachings of a radical, violent religion. Islam.

Do you know anything at all about Islam? Anything? apparently not! Islam is a religon exactly like Christianism and Judaism: all three worship the same god. If you read the Koran thoroughly, you'd see that there is absolutly nothing about killing anyone! There is a WORLD of difference between 'Islam' and 'Islamism'. Then, from there on, it's up to you to define terrorism with your own thoughts and words.