PDA

View Full Version : Craig Morgan uses military training to save two children

SgtJim
02-24-2011, 05:10 PM
a story from Bouhammer..........ahh, ok, sorry it's posted on Youserved........
so, a story from Troy of YouServed :)

Country superstar and past YouServed.com interviewee, Craig Morgan recently returned from playing for the troops
for the ninth time in Iraq. Not long after returning he was driving down the road with his son when they saw a house
on fire. As a trained professional and past EMT, Sheriff Deputy and 17 year Airborne Ranger soldier, he went on
auto-pilot to risk his life and save others.
“The lady who owned the home came out with a fire extinguisher. I tried to put it out but it didn’t work.
One thing led to another and in a matter of just a minute, the side of the house was engulfed by flames.”
It was then that the homeowner informed Morgan that her children were inside.
Not only did he rush in to save the lives of two children, he stayed there after finding out that he was even at more
risk of an exploding house.
When I looked under the house and saw the gas line I got nervous. I was worried it could be a really ugly
mess,” he said.
Again he didn’t turn away and worry more about himself or his career, he stayed and helped until first responders got
there. He is as much of an example for Americans who put aside fame or star-status as Pat Tillman. I am proud to
have met him and to know he continues to demonstrate the same patriotism and care for fellow Americans as most
military and ex-military.

Read the whole story at http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/02/17/craig-morgan-saves-children-from-fire
Below is the past interview I did with Craig on July 4th, 2010.

http://vimeo.com/13227735

This interview is between Troy of YouServed.com and country superstar and former airborne jumpmaster, Craig Morgan.
Craig was recently playing at Jam in the Valley in Varysburg, NY where Troy caught up with him.
The interview was performed in Craig’s tour bus just a little while before he went on stage to play.