PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Patch design help wanted.

mickk
01-31-2011, 01:02 AM
The Airshow Downunder is on in a month or so, its a great event.

I make a special point of thanking the USAF, Marines and Navy people for their service. This year we are expecting, from the US.

F-16 Viper
F-22 Raptor
B-2 Spirit
KC-135 Stratotanker
B-52
C-17 Globemaster III
B-1B Lancer
MH-60R Sea Hawk
T-6C Texan II
C130J Hercules

This year I want to do more, Ive got a design for a cloth patch on paper, Ive got the price down to about 4 bucks each.

I need help with designing it using Corel or similar. I really have no clue with this software.

My design is a circular patch. Around the circle is a gold chain ending in two hands clasped. This represents the unbreakable bond between the US and Australia and as we know, nothng can spoil gold.

The background is top half, airforce blue, bottom half, red ochre.

On the bottom half is an image of Ularu, on the top half is a flying Bald Eagle. The Bald Eagle will be seen as overwatching Australia.

Written on top would be ASDU 2011, on the bottom would be Thank You USA.

Get the idea? I reckin it will go down a treat with the visiting Yanks and would be more substantial than my simply saying thanks to everone. Each one will be in a plastic pouch with a note describing the symbolism and an old Copper Aussie penny, polished to look like new, these pennies have a kangaroo on them and are a great keepsake.

So I got all the colours worked out, and the two images. I need someone to be able to turn this into an image I can give to the cloth patch people. Itll cost me about 400 bucks for them, but money well spent.

Can someone help me out?

Mick

mickk
02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Fuck me you are an uncreative bunch. This is sorta what I am getting at...http://i56.tinypic.com/121za77.jpg

all backgrouond needs to be the same blue as in the eagle, change the lettering to red, and slap on a white border, whatcha think do far?

DevilDog812
02-05-2011, 01:32 AM
ill try later, hopefully tomorrow. i bought photoshop cs4 earlier tonight and am waiting for it to be emailed to me to download. im pretty good with photoshop, but not very creative, so thanks for the layout

cant promise anything though

mickk
02-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Gday Dog,

I went to the corel forum and I got a bloke helping me, this is the latest effort, whatch think? Im gettin excited, just gotta fix up the rock.
http://coreldraw.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/680x1000/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/242/3644.THANK-YOU-USA.jpg

mickk
02-05-2011, 02:35 AM
I think we got it worked out! Just need a tweak or two! Watcha think!

http://i54.tinypic.com/vii1cm.jpg

nastyleg
02-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Gday Dog,

I went to the corel forum and I got a bloke helping me, this is the latest effort, whatch think? Im gettin excited, just gotta fix up the rock.
http://coreldraw.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/680x1000/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/242/3644.THANK-YOU-USA.jpg

I prefer this one because with the addition of the opera house it looks like you are trying too hard....my only suggestion is get the hands done in the respective countries colors. One Aussie and one US. Have the hand that is on top the Aussie of course.

NeilDunne
02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
If you give me until tomorrow night i will come up with something :D

mickk
02-05-2011, 07:03 PM
No wories, Neil, no rush, Id be happy to have your input! Here is another variation.

http://i55.tinypic.com/mwv4wo.png

DarkSmurf
02-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Hey Mick, I would like to help you also. The patch is probably not that big so the more you add to it, the less powerfull it will be. Keep it as simple as possible. Do you have the measurements for us? You need the best quality you can get. What kind of file do they need to work with? PSD(Photoshop, EPS or AI(Illustrator). And ask them how much dpi(dots per inch). And when does the design need to be finished? I started with the first images you posted. Can different colors be used? Totally different designs also possible?

DarkSmurf
02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Original quality is very good. I will try to post a few tomorrow for you.

DevilDog812
02-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Original quality is very good. I will try to post a few tomorrow for you.

that looks great! good job. id still like to see some other's takes on it, and try it myself. unfortunately, i still didnt receive photoshop yet.

the site i bought it from charged my 5 f-ing dollars for handling, and it is a digital download, you would think they would be able to email you within 48 hours

DarkSmurf
02-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank you DevilDog. I suggest cancelling the order and download the trial version of Photoshop. You can download it from the Adobe website. I think it is valid for a month. Good luck!

mickk
02-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Jeeze thats nice and crisp Dark Smurf. Id love to see anything else you have to offer the show is not on for a month so a couple of weeks to get a good design before it has to be made up. Im dead keen on the Opera House on the rock, appeals to my SOH. I can now see that unless I can get a decent quality gold chain and hands, the message will be lost. Maybe ditch the hands coz they are hard and just go with the gold chain that should be easy for the makers to add? Im also keen to get some white in there, for the red white and blue. The idea of the rock was that it is a symbol of Australia, but do you think it would give the impression that the ASDU was held at the rock?

So far I have seen "Artwork must be as a high res jpg (min 300dpi), a PDF or EPS file." and "For printing and engraving of promotional products we require vectorised artwork, either a .eps or .ai file. If you don't have these we can reillustrate your logo from $40. For embroidery a .jpg or similar file is all that's required." Ive also seen 600dpi asked for. I was thinking of about 3, 3.5 inches, I only chose circular design as I thought that would be the easiest. Theres a million companies doing this, patchesrus.com looks good, some aussie companies look good, but I think USA would produce a zillion more cloth patches than Aussie, everyone says they beat everone else by 10% lol.

http://i52.tinypic.com/24o6r1k.jpg

maybe throw the RAAF ensign in there? OOPS I read that I cant really use it without permission and they wouldnt give me permission according to the rules, pity coz I like this design.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2u5tm3m.jpg

Or maybe this?

http://i52.tinypic.com/nv4dbn.jpg

or with the 100k sign and no rock. It has been suggested I ditch the date, then I could use any left overs next time.

http://i54.tinypic.com/280nr7o.jpg

Its not really about what I like, more about what the yanks would like.

Or ditch the rock alltogether, this might be a more popular design, all airforce blue background, the eagle and the roo sign

http://i54.tinypic.com/2b62wn.jpg

Or with the other symbol of Australia

http://i53.tinypic.com/5dvz8j.jpg

maybe just the flags with all airforce blue background, red rim and white writing?

http://i51.tinypic.com/2rr08zo.jpg

or just the flag in the aussie shape? wouldnt be as squished of course!

http://i54.tinypic.com/bdmq80.jpg

maybe

http://i52.tinypic.com/288ow7k.jpg

I think the red rim is locked in, asdu and thank you usa locked in, ditch the date, airforce blue locked in, white writing locked in (unless go with red white and blue USA) eagle locked in, the rest is up to you blokes. Looking forward to more ideas. Of course I will send you all a patch and as its a non profit thing, I really appreciate everyones input. Then again maybe ditch ASDU for AIRSHOW DOWNUNDER?

Maybe this could evolve into a challenge coin bottle opener!

DarkSmurf
02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
The golden chain and hands I need more time for. When I think of Australia, the kangaroo comes to mind. The rock mind not be clear for everyone. Also the Opera house, which I think is a great design itself, might not work out either but that is just my opinion. Let's see what others come up with.

The files they need are no problem at all. Saves $ 40. 3 to 3.5 inch seems like a good size. Too big or too small might ruin the design. I don't have any samples here. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

I checked their patch gallery and round is what I would go for too. But maybe someone else has a better idea.

I took some of your ideas and let me know what you think.

DarkSmurf
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Something went wrong uploading the images. I hope it works now.

DarkSmurf
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
One more.

mickk
02-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Geeze Dark Smurf, I think youve cracked it! I think the two flags in the shape of our Countries looks terrific. Can you change the blue to the brighter blue used in this one, and change Geelong to Avalon and change "thank you USa from Down Under to Thank you USA from Australia? Failing any more submissions,, I think I will go with that design! Once again thanks, your a champ!
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=9833&stc=1&d=1297025079

DarkSmurf
02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks Mick,

The blue background and the red are the same as what the RAAF uses. The link you posted does not work. Can you post it again?

What do you think of the Kangaroo version?

I still would like to see what DevilDog and NeilDunne come up with. Lets give them some time. I also like to try NastyLeg's suggestion with the hands.

DarkSmurf
02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Here 2 new ones with the adjusted text.

DevilDog812
02-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Here 2 new ones with the adjusted text.

looks great! i like the first one personally.

unfortunately, i had to cancel the photoshop order, so i wont be doing this

DarkSmurf
02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
looks great! i like the first one personally.

unfortunately, i had to cancel the photoshop order, so i wont be doing this

Thanks, but which version exactly do you mean? You can download a FREE trial version of Photoshop from adobe.com

DevilDog812
02-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks, but which version exactly do you mean? You can download a FREE trial version of Photoshop from adobe.com

this:
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=9839&stc=1&d=1297112846

i know, but i didnt want to do it. i guess ill do it so i can have a try at this though

mickk
02-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Both look terrific DS, like you said, will give it a week or so to see if any other ideas emerge, then will go to press! Yes, should prolly stick with airforce blue!

mickk
02-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Both look terrific DS, like you said, will give it a week or so to see if any other ideas emerge, then will go to press! Yes, should prolly stick with airforce blue!

Im trying to work out if I should go with 100 patches with the date, or 200 without. I think 100 shouild cover everyone attending from the USA with a few for COs etc who put in but didnt come down.

Was talking to a bloke today from the USAF who said this will go down a treat! Geeze I hope so.

Like REM say "its hard to be a US citizen in 2008, 9, 10" etc. It is not true that the US saved Aussie in WW2, but it is true that if it were not for our alliance, some bastard would be trying to take us over now.

Im not sucking up, Im just giving back.

BRING IT ON!

DarkSmurf
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
i know, but i didnt want to do it. i guess ill do it so i can have a try at this though

I can provide you with the basic material if you want. I like that one too.

Doth look terrific DS, like you said, will give it a week or so to see if any other ideas emerge, then will go to press! Yes, should prolly stick with airforce blue!

The more contrast used, the more it will stand out. Not going to make it easy for you Mick, here is a new version:

DarkSmurf
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
One more with the RAAF blue background color

DevilDog812
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
hows this for a first try?
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/DevilDogPratt/Final%20Projects/usauspatch.jpg

i know its kind of just random stuff thrown all over it, but hey

DarkSmurf
02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Nice one DevilDog! I like the colorfull images you have chosen. Eagle with the bomb I love that. A few planes would not hurt either. I think the Kangaroo is a must. Very good stuff for a first try! I like to see more stuff from you.

By the way. how is Photoshop CS 5? I am still using Photoshop CS 4.

DevilDog812
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Nice one DevilDog! I like the colorfull images you have chosen. Eagle with the bomb I love that. A few planes would not hurt either. I think the Kangaroo is a must. Very good stuff for a first try! I like to see more stuff from you.

By the way. how is Photoshop CS 5? I am still using Photoshop CS 4.

thanks! i have done a few other things here (http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/DevilDogPratt/Final%20Projects/)

CS5 is nice, but i havent seen much different than CS4. the only thing i know if is the puppet tool, and i havent really gotten that to work as well as i have seen in adobe's videos

mickk
02-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Devil Dog. WOW is all I can say. No offence to DS, but we might have a new club house leader.

I dont know how you blokes do it, Im mightily impressed. Yall are not making it easy for me to choose, they are all fantastic. I do like the simple roo too. I guessI dont really need to have thank you on them, as I will include a note with each one saying exactly that.

Im going to send DS and DD designs to the makers and see what they think re available colours and prices and see what they say.

DarkSmurf
02-09-2011, 04:11 PM
DevilDog, some cool sigs you have there. I hope you can come up with a few more designs for the patch.

What is with Battlefield 2 Operation Reality? Do you play that?

Mick,

lol, np man. It is always good to see input from others. Hopefully it makes it easier for you to decide what elements you like to use in the final design.

I suggest to have a look at a few points I am interested to know:

- What does the theme need to be: serious, funny, business or a combination.

- A patch is not print. Print can be detailed but can a patch be that too?

- Does the patch company need color info? Because each color has a number. Take into account that everyones monitor is different.
Red on my monitor can look different than on yours.

- Too much or too little can make or break the message.

- Your initial samples are close to the correct size. Is it an idea to scale them down so we can check if they all look good in the correct size?

- In DevilDogs design. The planes are F-16, but on your list of visitors there are many different USAF planes attending. Is F-16 the right choice?
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of planes in it. Maybe the planes in one of your sigs would work better.

- Will image on image work? The bomb the eagle holds could be made more visible. But then a stroke might be needed.

When starting a file in Photoshop, the size with 300 dpi will look a lot bigger than what can be shown on the web(72 dots per inch).
This means it needs to be scaled/transformed in order to post it.

Might also be time to decide the criteria's:

- size 3 or 3.5 inch

- Exact colors for rim and background

- How many and which images

- What text, font, size and font color, outline for more visibility

DevilDog812
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
thanks Mick, glad you like it

DarkSmurf, here is a video of Project Reality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTUnMgCBQ0w&feature=feedu
i used to play it, but my computer is too slow now

i chose the black f-16s because i assumed that both countries used them, but i was wrong, Australia doesnt. ill probably switch them out to f-18s

im open to any criticisms or suggestions, that was all i could come up with that time

DevilDog812
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
hows this?
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/DevilDogPratt/Final%20Projects/usauspatch2.jpg

the jet trails are separate, so they can be removed if needed. and anything else can be rearranged or recolored

edit: ah, just noticed that the jet trail is infront of the eagle's wing a bit, ill fix it if it is eventually going to be used for anything

mickk
02-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Well my initial thoughts were symbolic. A subtle patch that had meaning, the gold chain, two hands, red rim, red white and blue, etc. I was keen on that, but the designs you blokes have submitted changed all that. Font I dont care about, rim is going to be red. Im easy on the a/c, I spose 3 inch would do.

I heard back from two local suppliers today, one quoted 5 bucks a patch and a 75 buck set up fee, so thats out of my price range.

The other said that the great design with eagle and roo and planes and bonb is impossible to embroider.

Ive always thought just printed looked weak and cheap and lame, so thats why I am keen on embroidered.

I am hoping to hear back from other suppliers, local and US soon.

I get the feeling KISS might come into play in the end.

Typical marketing hype, these locals promise the earth then cant deliver or cant deliver at their advertised price.

Maybe printed with a simple embroidered rim might end up being my only option, we will see. Your latest design looks tops too!

Got a weeks time to play with before I panic. I got a contact that makes simple button badges, might send the designs to them. Would end up with a simple 1 inch badge tin badge, plastic covered, but it might be better than nothing. After all its the thought that counts.

If I have to go with print, may as well just make the fucking thing a badge. Prints fade too quick IMHO. badges could be knocked up for less than a buck each. maybe a 2 inch badge?

Anyways, give it a few days to see what happens.

I updated vista on my main PC, now the fucking thing wont connect to the net, says it cant find network adapter, so Im seriously pissed atm. Gotta get all the designs from that to this somehow. I fucking hate Microsoft.

DarkSmurf
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
DevilDog,

That last sample looks nice too. I like the trails idea. The bomb is more visible now.

Project reality looks like a cool game to play. I tried downloading it but didnt get it to work yet.

I mostly play America's Army Version 3. Very realistic too.

Mick,

I was already afraid that image on image would be a problem. That really limits things. I checked a few patch companies and haven't
seen any that could handle it. But embroidered really looks nice.

patchrus.com has reasonable prices. And dont speak of a set up fee(I hope there is not a catch).

Going with KISS would not be all that bad.

Better get rid of Vista and move to Windows 7.

mickk
02-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Yes DD, new PC in in the planning stage, just waiting for Intel to release version two of sandy bridge processors, the first lot have had more failures than the Taliban. THe bastard machine is working again today, its been very humid here, 95%, we usually average about 50%, mayne 70% or maybe its failing RAM, MB, etc.

Received some more local quotes today, bad news, all from 5 to 8 bucks, which is way outta my price range. The badge maker only has a machine that makes 1 inch badges. Heres hoping patches r us gets back to me, but its been a few days already.

HOWEVER, what say I turn it into a sticker instead? Wouldnt be ideal, but could go with the most intricate design then at a more reasonable cost. Will do reseach over the wekend.

DarkSmurf
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
A patch is a keeper. Don't know about a sticker but if there is no other option, go with that. . I don't know what the issue is with the machine, but to check for Ram failure try memtest86

mickk
02-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Ok well more huge quotes came in and now the turnaround time is blowing out.

Looks like it will become a fridge magnet! Quick turn around, easy to print, will last longer than a sticker. I can get 500 for 140 bucks.

DD I think I will go with the white jets, do you think the trail infront of the eagle matters? Also could you add "Thanks Yanks"

under the Airshow Downunder above the jets in smaller gold writing in the same curve as the other print?

If I had more time and money, the design would make a great shot glass, maybe in 2013!

DevilDog812
02-12-2011, 01:20 PM
sure thing! never even thought of a magnet, great idea
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/DevilDogPratt/Final%20Projects/usauspatch3.png?t=1297531196

if you need it to be a different type of file or anything, or want any changes just let me know

mickk
02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Brilliant! thanks everyone for your input. When I get em, I will be contacting all of you so I can send some to each of you. Im trying to get em similar to CD size.

If I could ask one final favour, can you double the size of the red rim? something to do with "bleed" thanks heaps.

DevilDog812
02-13-2011, 03:31 AM
this good? if not, ill do some tomorrow, gotta sleep now ZZZzzzzz
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/DevilDogPratt/Final%20Projects/usauspatch4.png

increased the size a little too

mickk
02-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Yup, thatll do it, nighty night. Thanks again to all, its been an interesting project. I started with nothing but an idea and now its about to become a reality.

I just wanted to say more than thanks. Now, when the Yanks reach for a beer, they will be reminded of the gratitude of all Australians of like mind.

As Kipling so adequately put, when he put pen to paper during the Boer War..

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
n></iframe>

SirCumalot
02-13-2011, 07:16 AM
I really really love the "Thanks Yanks", and the design ofcourse. Good luck with the show!

DevilDog812
02-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Yup, thatll do it, nighty night. Thanks again to all, its been an interesting project. I started with nothing but an idea and now its about to become a reality.

I just wanted to say more than thanks. Now, when the Yanks reach for a beer, they will be reminded of the gratitude of all Australians of like mind.

As Kipling so adequately put, when he put pen to paper during the Boer War..

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
n></iframe>

No problem mickk! Thank you for doing this, I'm sure the Airmen at the show will be thankful of you for thinking of them, it will mean a lot I'm sure.
Also, thanks for the opportunity, I enjoy screwing around with Photoshop, but also helping people out. I never realized how strong the bond between the US and Australia was, but now I see and notice how much we have in common. Its really an honor to help.

shatto
02-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Whatever you do DO NOT make it look even slightly like the Obama logo.

mickk
02-14-2011, 05:43 AM
DD the alliance began in 1865, when the Confederate raider CSS Shenandoah callled in to my home town, Melbourne for repairs. Just what it was doing down here is anyones guess. It was remasted, we have a place called Mast Gully Hill, named due to this occasion. It was on its way from London to the USA.

At this time, Australia was not a Natiion, Victoria of which Melbourne is the capital, was just a colony, booming with the gold rush. Our alliance pre dates the actual Federation of Australia.

Since then, Australia has fought in every war alongside the US. From the Boxer Rebellion to Korea and Vietnam, we even had a few grunts on secondment during Grenada.

The most well known alliance was of course, WW2. When you Yanks came down here, drank all our grog, rooted all our women and took 3500 of then home as war bounty.

Korea came along, google Kapyong, when 3RAR, now on active service in Afghanistan, held blocking positions against tens of thousands of rabid Koreans and Chinese, to allow the US forces to advance rapidly in the opposite direction to the enemy. This was a terrible battle. All of a sudden the marauding hordes came over the hill and it was dicey to say the least. I have spoken to a few Yanks who served alongside Aussies in Korea and they tear up when they speak of the Australians.

Vietman is well known, we stood side by side and fought like tigers and on it goes.

The problem is, tne media does not report the good news, only the bad. The US Govt does not sprout the Aussie allaince, as it knows its best kept quiet for operational reasons. We do heaps with little on the QT.

We are only 22 million people but occupy a country the size of the US, minus Alaska, so it is in our best interests to be an ally, but its also right.

When 9/11 occured, the recruiting rate went up 300% down here. We felt violatd. We enacted the ANZUS treaty the same day and deployed accordingly.

Ours is an alliance, a friendship forged in blood, sweat, mud, and tears. Its stronger than kevlar and will last longer than you and I ever will.

We adopt you when you come down under, and you adopt us when we go to the states.

We have never asked for anything fron the USA. We are just partners inthis world.

Did you know, we have a few US bases here, all kept quiet, like Pine Gap, but in the near future, plans are afoot to expand the US presence here, to a permament force of 30,000.

Just "training" of course:)

Thanks sprog everywhere! and Shatto, I think you have a one hit wonder, he talks good, well in fact he used to , now he bores me, but WTF has he done? I hink its a one term govt.

DevilDog812
02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
sorry for not responding, but i cant come up with anything to say to that :D

great post

i never liked obama, not even as a senator. what he says is completely different from what he does and he only says it to gain popularity (which isnt working too well at the moment) he needs to learn that all of the world's problems cant be solved by talking. you cant sit down and talk with someone who wants to kill you, like achmeddidjihad or however you spell it :P

also for DarkSmurf, here are some screenshots of project reality that i took:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98243503-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/96793276-3.jpg
(i took these before my computer went to crap, but i could still only play on low graphics)

also, in the apache sights (green tinted one) they actually have real thermal sights in the newest release

DevilDog812
02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
i assume that you already have the image? i had to change the URLs of all of my images because people are stealing them

mickk
02-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Well the magnets turned up and the news is not good. I sent em back. They looked like a kindergarten class made them. Very poor printing and lots of bubbles, poor quality coating, not stuck right to the edge, I wouldnt have kept them as a gift. I would have been embarassed to give them to anyone.

So thanks for everyones fruitless hard work, it was a good idea, but unless executed to perfection, a waste of time.

I will keep the designs for 2013 and have another crack. I wont go for a patch, it will either be a shot glass or a challenge coin. The Monterey coin co gave me a fair quote and a nice image, of what potential there is for such a thing.

http://i55.tinypic.com/21j2a6o.jpg

The airshow is on now, the trade days, limited display, as I type we are expecting 2 x F22s to land, 1808 and 1803hrs from memory. Someone will get pics and I will post them. We suspect both will be static, which is very sad, why bring them all this way and not at least do a gentle flyby? Anyways, without the Yanks it wouldnt be much of a show. The B1, F16, the KC 10. The B52 isnt here yet, its going to be static. Now we have had static B52 and flypasts before, but we have never seen one take off, maybe this is the year? There are about a dozen a/c from the IANG, F16s here too, well up in NSW, at RAAF Williamtown on an exercise "silent sentry" or something. Also the USS Shoup docked in Melbourne this morning carrying the two MH60s that will be at the show.

I am going on this weekend, hired a Canon 5D and a 400mm lens for the weekend for you boys, only cost me $150. I live on the other side of the bay to the show, on Public Transport, the 70 kilometres would take about 3.5 hours each way if I am lucky.

HOWEVER I am a resourceful Apache. There is an airport 12 kilometres from me. There rests my Piper Chieftan, ready to whisk me to paradise for only $190 return. The flight goes straight across the bay, takes 20 minutes, probably the same distance. So I will be laying on the couch, knocking the top off a frosty ale downloading 3000 pics and watching the peasants in the traffic jam on TV. Thats if the grass strip at YAVE is dry. One year it was wet and we had to turn back 90 seconds after we took off.

DarkSmurf
03-05-2011, 07:45 AM
@ DevilDog, the game looks like a lot of fun. Big maps? And what kind of vehicles can you use? My computer can't handle it unfortunately.

@ Mick, you did your best. Too bad it didn't work out. A coin seems like a good idea. That sample looks nice. Have fun at the show. I hope to see some pictures of it. The piper chieftain looks like a nice bird. Is it yours?