PDA

View Full Version : to combat reposts advantages and disadvantages

Scott
03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
To combat Reposts at AC do we...

1. Have all member submission in a moderator queue?

2. Upgrade the search function?

3. Install a Report Repost button?

4. Leave all as is?

1. Advantages , Yes it will stop the reposts dramtically and it will keep the place clean / Disadvantages , you will need a team around the clock to keep a constant eye on the incoming videos submission which i beleive will take a team of around 5 or so.

------------------------------------------------------

2. Advantages, it will help if the uploader will take a minute of his time to check if the video is already on here before submitting to upload to cut down on the reposts / Disadvantages , The uploader won't bother Searching and just go along to upload the video, leaving a trail of reposts, iv'e seen so many obvious videos uploaded. Also Tthe Search option isn't the best so it lacks.

Iv'e tried to look for videos but if i cant find them i assume they are not on here so i upload the video just to find out some1 has said it is a repost.

-------------------------------------------------

3. Advantages , it will help combat the problem / Disadvantages , it will be a on going battle for aslong as AC stays. You have to rely on the public to report the repost, most people miss this and some ifn ot all will slip through the net.

4. That one just isn't a option :):nono::eusa_snooty:

Just thought i would post this, a place to discuss this aswell as Vote from the Front Page :)

Discuss....

Cruelbreed
03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Report repost should do the trick. It seems some members are already supremely good at knowing all and every repost. They identify them right off the bat. If the moderators are quick enough we can get the repost off right away. You have to think about it, reposts also hog server resources so it's important to combat them. Thanks for the post scott.

The real answer would to stop a repost before they even happened. But tha would be complicated.. like a system that somehow checked the video title against currently uploaded videos and tried to match reposts before the poster placed it. Hell, even a friendly reminder to CHECK AND MAKE SURE their video isn't a repost will help right before uploading. A system that matched exact video size and length against other videos of equal size and length would help stop identical reposts.

The easiest and simplest solutions would be a repost button and a kind message before upload to make sure it's not a repost.

Scott
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
yes most definatly , that sounds awesome would be very good if that was in place :0.

or would keep help aswell, if you or Stark made a topic called

"A Uploaders Guide"

Basically settings a few ground rules and have to check every time they upload a video to make sure it is not on there before hand.

Stark
03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
yes most definatly , that sounds awesome would be very good if that was in place :0.

or would keep help aswell, if you or Stark made a topic called

"A Uploaders Guide"

Basically settings a few ground rules and have to check every time they upload a video to make sure it is not on there before hand.

All very good ideas, I'm working on a Repost button just not not sure were to incorporate that, but wheres a will theres a way ;)

napalmdeath1.0
03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
sounds good, reposts are wasteful

Scott
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
yeah no doubt, iv'e just seen over 5 reposts today. if you want i'll get the links for them to be removed ?

napalmdeath1.0
03-14-2009, 02:51 PM
yeah no doubt, iv'e just seen over 5 reposts today. if you want i'll get the links for them to be removed ?

yea cool, post it on the new thread we have up for this sort of thing

Scott
03-14-2009, 03:40 PM
and wheres this new thread? i ain't came accross it yet.