PDA

View Full Version : We are upgrading our Media Flash Player

Stark
03-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey all,

Well after a long wait it is time to upgrade our outdated media flash player, the new one will not only look better operate faster but has also the following functions availible:

New Script Features / Updates

* Automatic HD video detection
* Automatic video resizing according to defined width in order to keep the correct aspect ratio
* Ability to encode videos to MP4 H.264
* Users can upload sub-titles for their videos

FLV Player Features

General

* Supports flv and mp4 video formats
* Supports Progressive Download
* Supports video streaming (Seek to unloaded parts of videos) - HTTP Streaming, Lighttpd Streaming and RTMP Streaming **
* Support for full High Definition videos (Users can switch between SD and HD)
* Player dimensions can be changed to any size
* Supports four video sizing options - Fit To Window, Keep Aspect, Original Size, Half Window
* Videos can be played in full screen
* Support for video captions / sub-titles
* Fast-forward / Re-wind by dragging video screen

Modules

* Email to friend
* Link / embed video
* Bookmark video (8 options available) **
* Video guide (Also automatically displayed once video ends)
* Video settings (Brightness, contrast, saturation, smoothing)
* Slow Motion

More coming soon

Cruelbreed
03-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Beautiful

Scott
03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
sounds very good, should definatly attract more people here :)

Stark
03-14-2009, 08:55 PM
All done folks, looks good so far had some difficulties at the beginning but looks like all is working as intended.
Some mod I will have to reinstall -

helidoorgunner
03-14-2009, 10:13 PM
cool

fotoman
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Didn't find any bugs...went through a few....I like the HD..that's cool. Hey Stark...did you like that video I posted for ya?

fotoman
03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I like tha too..isn't Mp4s better than FLV? I think the HD is for mp4s...but..not sure.

Cruelbreed
03-15-2009, 12:47 AM
good upgrade

Stark
03-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Didn't find any bugs...went through a few....I like the HD..that's cool. Hey Stark...did you like that video I posted for ya?

heheh awesome :D

BTW yest this media player now suports MP4 :)

Scott
03-15-2009, 11:23 AM
finally , very nice work Stark, Good Job! :D

Zulu
03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Myne doesnt seem to work for some reason, ive updated macromedia flash to its latest but it just gives me a blank black screen where the video should be.

Any help would be appreciated

Stark
03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Myne doesnt seem to work for some reason, ive updated macromedia flash to its latest but it just gives me a blank black screen where the video should be.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Zulu,

This is an issue with your cache, what happens is that the old media player is still in your cache and you try to run the clips from the old on.

First: Try to watch a movie and if it only shows a black box...
1) Press - CTRL + F5 (that will load the page without the cache)

Second if that doesn't work...

1) If you use Firefox (which you should since it's way better than IE ;) )
Go to Tools - Clear Privat Data - Clear the cache
2) Reboot PC
3) Should work now

You can clear the cache in IE as well somehwere over the tools.

Zulu
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks alot, all is well now

Stark
03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks alot, all is well now

glad it's workig for you now

StrangeGuY
05-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Looks like awesome!! well done!!

Is it why i can't upload videos yesterday and now? because when i tried to uplaod a video i have always this message: http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/219/apacheclipserror.jpg

What can i do for fix it? IS it the same problem that ZULU?

The full size of videos for upload will be 200 MB again? and divx videos will be accepted for upload?

Thx! keep up the good work!

Stark
05-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Looks like awesome!! well done!!

Is it why i can't upload videos yesterday and now? because when i tried to uplaod a video i have always this message: http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/219/apacheclipserror.jpg

What can i do for fix it? IS it the same problem that ZULU?

The full size of videos for upload will be 200 MB again? and divx videos will be accepted for upload?

Thx! keep up the good work!

Heya mate, the media change has been done a long time - there are a couple of reasons why this error message comes up.
One and the most likely would be that the movie was either in a format that was not allowed or broken/damaged.
As you can see from the recent uploads - there isn't a probem with uploading clips at all.

StrangeGuY
05-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Heya mate, the media change has been done a long time - there are a couple of reasons why this error message comes up.
One and the most likely would be that the movie was either in a format that was not allowed or broken/damaged.
As you can see from the recent uploads - there isn't a probem with uploading clips at all.

Thx buddy!!! you was right (you're always right!), the size of the video was too big!

Scott
05-24-2009, 12:41 PM
as for the 200MB upload , i do not think that will happen, things have changed,

we now have member privellages here, which you can see in the link below me.

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1378

on the 8th Post Stark has posted Bronze Silver and Gold.

On the 9th Post he explains how to get the V.I.P one.

i'll see if Stark can put up the extra privileges Details for the Bronze Silver and Gold if there is any.

Hang Tight ;)

wanny1971
10-04-2009, 08:57 PM
veiw your site with my playstation PS3 all works fine apart from the first page of the forum... i scroll down the page and have a few seconds to look ... then it returns back to the top of the page ... not a huge prob still able to navigate around if i'm quick ..i no its a PC site ..they come first but can u keep the playstation veiwers/users in mind when you make changes ... still a great site ...keep it up :o