PDA

View Full Version : Ascension: A new Moderator?!

Cruelbreed
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/fpss/slideshows/myslideshow/images/fotoman.jpg

I’d like to welcome Fotoman to his new position as the second moderator of Apacheclips.com. To those who have stepped on Fotoman’s toes in the past, I hope that you have learned from your mistakes :duh:!

Joking aside, Apacheclips.com is growing; we have taken note of our most active members and look to them to help make this community a more exciting and interactive place.

I want to personally thank Fotoman for reaching up to this position, dedicating his valuable time to help us become better. Please join me in giving Fotoman a warm welcome to his new position as a moderator of Apacheclips.com. The best of times are still far off!

Lock and Load!
Tavarez

Stark
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Yip yip Yip welcome - I know you gonna rock & roll

now you can share you stories and your wargore with us ;)

napalmdeath1.0
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
congrats, you contribute alot to this site, good man :)

Scott
03-12-2009, 07:33 PM
gratz fotoman.

fotoman
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I hope I can live up to the outstanding comments...once again...and to you Napalmdeath....THANKS A LOT!

Mel
03-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Congratulations Fotoman I know you'll do great...Give em Hell Brother.

Dogger243
03-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Long time lurker here and general smartass. I just have to ask. If fotoman is a moderator, who is going to take down all the reposts? :hb:

Cruelbreed
03-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Long time lurker here and general smartass. I just have to ask. If fotoman is a moderator, who is going to take down all the reposts? :hb:
Psh welcome bud, what reposts :P? Forum reposts or video? If forum i'm probably the culprit.

AlvinVu
03-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Hooah!

Dogger243
03-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Videos. Don't get me wrong. I love the videos, that's why I come here. I have seen days where the same video gets posted multiple times.

Markoxx
03-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Congratulations bro. i know that u will do ur best here.

Stark
03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Videos. Don't get me wrong. I love the videos, that's why I come here. I have seen days where the same video gets posted multiple times.

Yep and I completly agree this is an issue - there are ways to get around that tho

1) Users use the search option *which isn't too good to begin with but is being upgraded as we speak

2) We disalow users to "just submit" but all submissions go into a moderator queue, however I personly think it's more fun for the guys and gals to just submit clips.

3) A repost voting/report button inwhere the community can vote this as a repost and the clip is getting unvalidated (not deleted)

ATM all movies submitted are automaticly displayed in the "just submitted ajax page" - that is where Tavarez - napalm - Fotoman and myself take the movies from we personly think deserve to be displayed on the featured page.

Overall featured movies have an average of 300+ views per clip and non featured have way less.
Reason for this is that on default when you view AC you always see the featured list first.
So in fact what we do atm is to sort out the bad from the ugly, however AC has grown quite a bit since I started the page last year and like with everything this needs further evaluation.

Please use the new vote on the frontpage

Dogger243
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm really just busting fotoman's chops. Not everyone is a loser like me that has viewed every video on the site. :eusa_shifty: There are a lot of reposts though. I think if folks just take a little time lookin gover videos before postin something we should be good. I'll respond to the survey.

Scott
03-15-2009, 10:04 PM
i understand and fully agree with you Dogger, i commented on the obvious reposts which was posted, the originals all posted by me, i told the guy they are reposts, the next thing a community member shouts at me and tells me to grow the fuck up, what a way to go.

Apacheclips is growing very fast and ofcourse along the way as stark knows things need to change, and at this moment in time the first steps of the phase are beginning hence the vote on the front page 2 new moderators, looking forward to the reposts to be deleted, saving more resources on the box and space. :)

HolX
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Yay moderators! :P