PDA

View Full Version : What exactly do Army Special Forces/Green Berets do?

Cruelbreed
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
You heard the question right, what do Army special forces do? What are they responsible for, what kind of men are they? What's their training like? I've heard they're required to know two languages fluently and serve as warrior diplomats. Turning insurgencies into militias that fight for the U.S. instead and training foreign forces, how much combat do they see?

napalmdeath1.0
03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
You heard the question right, what do Army special forces do? What are they responsible for, what kind of men are they? What's their training like? I've heard they're required to know two languages fluently and serve as warrior diplomats. Turning insurgencies into militias that fight for the U.S. instead and training foreign forces, how much combat do they see?

americas army, download it and play it, the training is totally SF. and they see more combat than a avg soldier. my uncle was in the SADF, and worked as a recce/SF operator. i asked hom to allow us to upload some of his photos, will keep you posted :)

fotoman
03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Special forces is a blanket term for all of the Branches of the Military's Special force units. The different ones, such as the Green Beret's, have different entrance and application processes, but most require you to be on active duty to apply. In the Air Force, and they do have the Para-rescue(red beret) and Security forces "820th" (blue beret). The beret is your first recognition of completion of the training, and for the few that do, it is a very special momento. The 820th requires you to complete Security Forces Academy and apply. Para-rescue is a process that can begin either in Basic or any time during your Air Force career by completing an application and a try-out based mostly on PT(physical training) We also have SEAR (survival instructor) and Combat Controller (forward unit of 2-3 personnel responsible for calling in air strikes).

Most of the other special forces units (ARMY Rangers, NAVY SEALS, etc.) require you to complete advanced training and of course you must be in top shape to apply. Also, for most special forces units you can be from any branch of the Military, so long as you are on Active Duty. (as opposed to beng Guard or reserve)

AlvinVu
03-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Theres 2 unit sin the guard that are Special Forces.
I don't realy understand the reason for that but yup they got it.

sr338
03-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Yeah except now in the Army everybody rates a beret. Yay!

If you want to know more about green berets go talk to a recruiter and ask about the 18x program.

Cruelbreed
03-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Yeah except now in the Army everybody rates a beret. Yay!

If you want to know more about green berets go talk to a recruiter and ask about the 18x program.

Everyone rates a beret?

sr338
03-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Everyone rates a beret?

Yeah. In the Army, the black beret - at least I'm pretty sure. But that's the Army. You know how they are, tucking their pants into their boots and saluting without a cover on and all sorts of other nonsense.
(I'm just kidding, soldiers)