PDA

View Full Version : Hey

theroastedtoast
01-08-2011, 09:06 PM
My names Aleister, I'm 16 (17 in a few months), and I've been watching vids on apache clips for about half a year now. My major goals in life right now are to finish my last year and a half of HS then enlist in the Marines as Infantry. Tanker or MP are my other choices. So far the last few years of my life have been dedicated to getting ready for the Marines, AKA gym 5 times a week, been running track to keep my endurance and speed up, and I'm going to be playing football again next year. This summer I'm also going to be participating in Outward Bound, pretty much its 15 days of backpacking and climbing in the woods of Maine, and a State Trooper run boot camp.

I've got a few questions though. I've started up backpacking on trails and stuff like that recently to prepare for having to carry huge packs in the Marines, but what are good boots? I have some steel-toed work boots that I've been using, but I've got about 120 bucks left over from Christmas to spend on a better pair of boots, and seeing as many of you all are active or ex-military, I thought this would be a good place to ask.

Also, the main reason that I started watching vids on Apache Clips was to sorta "smarten up" about whats going on in Afghanistan/Iraq, because I don't really trust my recruiter, he spews a lot of shit, twists facts, etc. An example would be that a while ago when he visited my school, a friend and I went to talk to him, and he started bashing the Army, saying that they weren't really front-line troops, that they were for guard duty, etc. It got me pissed, I'm a Marines fan, but so far the taste I got of my recruiter wasn't to pleasant.

Wow, I wrote a lot, sorry for the rants. If you have any other suggestions of what I could do to prepare, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, and you all have awesome vids up here.

ErisKillton
01-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome Toast.

You sound pretty smart for a 16 year old.
Welcome, have fun, and dont let your mom catch you looking in the bonecloset.

HAHA!
:D

theroastedtoast
01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome Toast.

HAHA!

Thanks lol, I'm pretty average, but yea, every time my mom walks past me when I'm on AC shes like "Awwwwwwwww thats grose. Are those people dead?"

Markoxx
01-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Welcome to AC and have fun

SgtJim
01-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Welcome Toast.

HAHA!

totally agreed with Eris!

nice plans kid, go get it! :)

about the boots, there is a thread about it:
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?6602-Boots

btw, feel free to ask about any gear or something, here is enough veterans and active dudes for answer.....i like all of them :D

Mel
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Good find SgtJim.That's where I was going to send him.:thumbsup:

Welcome to AC Toast,If you want to know anything just ask.The fellas on here that are in right now would be more than happy to help you out.Enjoy your stay here.