PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Spy Plane Crashes in Texas

perocity
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM

A remote-controlled drone owned and operated by the government of Mexico crashed "in someone's backyard" near El Paso last week. What was it doing there?

According to Talking Points Memo, a "mini orbiter UAV" drone crashed into someone's backyard in El Paso's Lower Valley around 6:30 p.m. "We were told it was not a police matter," El Paso detective Mike Baranyay told the El Paso Times, most likely in the tone of voice where you totally know some kind of wicked intimidating government agent in sunglasses was all, "Excuse me, detective—we'll take it from here."

Apparently, border patrol turned the drone over to the Mexican government "at one of the bridges which span the U.S.-Mexico border" (again, classic scene in the movie about this incident that I am currently watching, inside my head). "We may or may not do a report on this," says a National Transportation Safety Board spokesperson.

Okay, well, breaking news: Our government is sketchy as hell. But I still want to know what the drone was doing! Was it spying on... El Paso? Of all places? (I mean, we use our drones to kill people who we heard from some guy are maybe terrorists, and whichever people are near the people who we think might probably be terrorists. So maybe it was doing, uh, that?) Either way, one thing's for certain: We are now at war with Mexico.

Yono
12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
My best guess that it was being used against drug trafficking and something went wrong

Kurticus
12-17-2010, 02:39 PM
We are not at war with Mexico, don't be ridiculous. It was Julio's first day flying the thing!

Ripcord
12-17-2010, 08:30 PM

A remote-controlled drone owned and operated by the government of Mexico crashed "in someone's backyard" near El Paso last week. What was it doing there?

According to Talking Points Memo, a "mini orbiter UAV" drone crashed into someone's backyard in El Paso's Lower Valley around 6:30 p.m. "We were told it was not a police matter," El Paso detective Mike Baranyay told the El Paso Times, most likely in the tone of voice where you totally know some kind of wicked intimidating government agent in sunglasses was all, "Excuse me, detective—we'll take it from here."

Apparently, border patrol turned the drone over to the Mexican government "at one of the bridges which span the U.S.-Mexico border" (again, classic scene in the movie about this incident that I am currently watching, inside my head). "We may or may not do a report on this," says a National Transportation Safety Board spokesperson.

Okay, well, breaking news: Our government is sketchy as hell. But I still want to know what the drone was doing! Was it spying on... El Paso? Of all places? (I mean, we use our drones to kill people who we heard from some guy are maybe terrorists, and whichever people are near the people who we think might probably be terrorists. So maybe it was doing, uh, that?) Either way, one thing's for certain: We are now at war with Mexico.

You need to get back on your meds and take the tinfoil hat off.

-It could have run out of fuel/battery power
-It could have had a mechanical problem
-it could have been blown of course by winds

-It IS for monitoring their border.
-It IS NOT spying on some guys farm in El Paso or even El Paso for that matter

-THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU Perocity!!!!!

perocity
12-18-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL! I don't make the news just passed it on.
Source: http://gawker.com/5714450/mexican-spy-plane-crashes-in-texas

They are obviously Looking for something,could be drug traffickers. Not sure, no new news on this.

perocity
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Here is a better article: http://newsaviation.livejournal.com/162206.html
An obvious embarrassment for Mexican intel.

Ripcord
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
LOL! I don't make the news just passed it on.
Source: http://gawker.com/5714450/mexican-spy-plane-crashes-in-texas

They are obviously Looking for something,could be drug traffickers. Not sure, no new news on this.

AHH
I apologise
I had assumed that what was written was by you since there was no link and no quotes stateing it was from another source.

perocity
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
My bad should have posted the link.
I thought the whole ''We are now at war with Mexico" comment was odd myself.
Drug war? As long as people pay for their drugs, this drug war will go on indefinitely.
Supply and demand a simple concept.

killtank
12-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I am from El Paso. Sketchy shit like this happens all the time. At least this time is wasn't another stray bullet coming from juarez.

fiestybean
12-19-2010, 01:16 AM
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.....

wait a darn minute

when the hell did mexico get a 'spy plane'????????

:D

killtank
12-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Yea I know. Mexico surprises the shit outa me all the time.

THOR51
01-11-2011, 12:42 AM
I didn't know Chevy made a UAV.......

killtank
01-15-2011, 05:49 AM
I didn't know Chevy made a UAV.......

If honda can make a Lawnmower than might as well go balls out.