PDA

View Full Version : Whats goin on with the Korean conflict?

Devious187
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
well i finally told my Dad that i want to Join the Canadian Forces,then today i get offered a free heavy equipment operating course..So then i reInform my mom that i still wanted to join..The she went off on some kinda "korean" blabber about how there could be another war with them,etc etc,Basically she tryin to scare me i thought because i didnt kno if anything was escilating in korea..Sayin that i will die n shit,that i should be scared of the Russians/Chinese..But shes probably jsut being a mom lookin out for me..

What do you guys figure about the conflict in Korea? is there anything new? She jsut got my conscience playing against me now,I'm not scared to die...But sketched me out about thinkin to goin to War with thoes crazy koreans,you guys think anything will happen with Korea??

CrookedSmirk
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Nothing's gonna happen. Kim's idiot of a son was just flexing nonexistant muscle, trying to make the country look strong despite the fact that they have a shitty military.

They do this every once and a while. They toot their own horn to try and prove to China that they're not worthless, and wind up only damaging their relations with the Chins. We're not going to go to war with them simply because they know that they wouldn't last in an actual war with the US, let alone South Korea.

If they wanted a war, they would've shelled Seoul. They knew the south wasn't going to retaliate so they practically got away with murder.

I wouldn't be afraid if I were you, man.

Toki
12-15-2010, 06:09 PM
You are a grown man. Tell that fear mongering cunt to keep her mouth closed.

War isn't going to break out. North Korea likes to saber rattle. This is just part of a long line of death cries from them.

Sixx
12-15-2010, 09:19 PM
The Norks are not an issue. They have been doing this for decades......it's just made public due to consumer technology.

I'd be more worried about Islamic countries.

Ripcord
12-16-2010, 01:05 AM
IF anything where to happen, I can see it happening soon kim jong-il is on deaths door, he is insane enough to do something like that, like a last hurrah ..he knows he is dying and decides to take the rest of the country with him kind of thing.

but that's just my thoughts on how it could happen...I think his son is a nonfactor..but then again I don't keep up with the N.Korea stuff as much as I should.

Kurticus
12-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, what they said. Nothing is going to happen, its just N. Korea flexing their muscles. Your Mom is going through the motions everyone else's mom went through. In her mind Military = death, same with a bunch of uninformed people who do not know a whole lot about the military.

Show her that you're not gonna go off and get killed, you are very sure of the decision you're making, and at the end of the day it is YOUR decision to make. They can influence your decision, but ultimately do what you want to do.

Kurticus
12-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, what they said. Nothing is going to happen, its just N. Korea flexing their muscles. Your Mom is going through the motions everyone else's mom went through. In her mind Military = death, same with a bunch of uninformed people who do not know a whole lot about the military.

Show her that you're not gonna go off and get killed, you are very sure of the decision you're making, and at the end of the day it is YOUR decision to make. They can influence your decision, but ultimately do what you want to do.