PDA

View Full Version : Ak-47 Shot to head, the dude is alive and awake!!

Elroto
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I dont know where this is? My guess Chechney or how ever it is spelled. I cant belive that he survived the hit and is just lying there waiting for surgery. O well if it had been a 5.56mm his head would have been removed.

[
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=97d_1284297781&p=1

Stark
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
yeah they ripped that from us :(

ah well give and share

DevilDog812
12-09-2010, 11:31 PM
damn, i bet he had a splitting headache

cunny_funt
12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I dont know where this is? My guess Chechney or how ever it is spelled. I cant belive that he survived the hit and is just lying there waiting for surgery. O well if it had been a 5.56mm his head would have been removed.

[
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=97d_1284297781&p=1

i think that was a failed suicide attempt

BigChiefSlapaho
12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Elroto:
No dude, a 5.56 wouldn't have removed his head. a 5.56 is essentially a .22 on steroids. The only reason its an effective round is because it shatters on impact upon hard surfaces... when it hits soft surfaces (think flesh) it tumbles and turns which causes lots of tears inside. An AK-74 is a 5.45x39mm round... Smaller than an AK-47's (which is 7.62x39mm). The AK-74 round is actually smaller than a 5.56 but its purposely made to where it has a hollow spot in the tip under the FMJ to make it tumble like a 5.56. I'm guessing the reason he's still alive is because the bullet doesn't have much penetration power (much like the 5.56) which probably caused the frontal lobe to be affected only. People can survive with the frontal lobe severed from the rest of the brain (they used to perform frontal lobotomies to try and calm violent psychatric ward patients). That is why I speculate the guy is still alive and conscious. Another little fun factoid is that the brain is incapable of feeling pain.. so he probably just feels as if he had a large gash on his forehead and nothing more.

killtank
12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Elroto:
No dude, a 5.56 wouldn't have removed his head. a 5.56 is essentially a .22 on steroids. The only reason its an effective round is because it shatters on impact upon hard surfaces... when it hits soft surfaces (think flesh) it tumbles and turns which causes lots of tears inside. An AK-74 is a 5.45x39mm round... Smaller than an AK-47's (which is 7.62x39mm). The AK-74 round is actually smaller than a 5.56 but its purposely made to where it has a hollow spot in the tip under the FMJ to make it tumble like a 5.56. I'm guessing the reason he's still alive is because the bullet doesn't have much penetration power (much like the 5.56) which probably caused the frontal lobe to be affected only. People can survive with the frontal lobe severed from the rest of the brain (they used to perform frontal lobotomies to try and calm violent psychatric ward patients). That is why I speculate the guy is still alive and conscious. Another little fun factoid is that the brain is incapable of feeling pain.. so he probably just feels as if he had a large gash on his forehead and nothing more.

What he said...