PDA

View Full Version : What Does Canada use For UAV?

Devious187
11-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Kinda curious about this cause i Plan on Joining the Canadian Armed Forces after new Years for 2011.It would be comforting to know there's an eye in the sky (doesn't need to carry bombs) that could rely information to squad leaders for maneurability etc..Hopefully we use something anyways lol,just haven't seen it yet... But if it carried some HF that would be sweet too :D

Ripcord
11-28-2010, 07:15 AM
The Sperwer was/is being used in Afghanistan by Canadians
there are a number of contenders that the D.N.D is looking at for the future though, I'm not sure which 1's

It isn't a subject I know much about, other then what we had available to call upon at the time it was needed.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

smoothy
11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
http : // web .ncf .ca/fn352/flight8/recent.html#UAV (remove extra spaces from the url, i dont have enough posts to post a link...) this link explains the current and future state of UAVs in the CF. Interesting to note the requirement for the next generation will include ability to launch weapons

gutro
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm impressed that our DOD is even this far into a purchasing solution. I'm surprised the government hasn't put a kaibash on it like they've tried to do with the F-35, new C-130's, Chinooks and Galaxies.

IMO, politicians should all have a military background to understand the importance of good, reliable equipment.