PDA

View Full Version : Anybody serve a tour in Korea?

DefensorFortis
11-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Well my ship date for OSUT is inching at snail's pace still which gives me more time to think about where I want to go with my Army career.

I know towards the end of OSUT I can put in duty station preferences. For the foreign duty station I want to put in for Korea because I hear it's fun especially if you're single and a tour there comes with it's benefits . Can anyone that served/is serving give their input. Thanks in advance.

Sixx
11-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Well Bro, I was at Kunsan AFB for a year and it was high ops tempo.......cold and rather Isolated. Osan AFB has more stuff and more sights to see.

As for the Army...man I have no clue about it.
But I can tell you Korea was an experience worth doing.

Just stay away from "Juicy Girls"
Seriously.

DefensorFortis
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah I heard about the "juicy girls". That's one way to empty your wallet and get in trouble . Korea sounds like an awesome experience, thanks for the input Sixx.

Sixx
11-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Definitely worth it bro....a lot of people dread it. I did at first(I hate wearing gas masks for long periods)..but it turned out to be awesome.

DefensorFortis
11-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm just writing this out in the open for anybody. Does anyone think it's a COINCIDENCE, that a week before North Korea shelled South Korea that I had an extremely strong urge to want to be stationed in Korea? Add on top of that, after Obama announced that we are drawing down from Afghanistan by 2014 that I got pissed off about that because I want to go on deployment and that chance is starting to slip, then I said to myself "maybe something will happen in Korea"? I don't know maybe I have a Spidy Sense, that tells me where the next fight is.

Scott
11-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm just writing this out in the open for anybody. Does anyone think it's a COINCIDENCE, that a week before North Korea shelled South Korea that I had an extremely strong urge to want to be stationed in Korea? Add on top of that, after Obama announced that we are drawing down from Afghanistan by 2014 that I got pissed off about that because I want to go on deployment and that chance is starting to slip, then I said to myself "maybe something will happen in Korea"? I don't know maybe I have a Spidy Sense, that tells me where the next fight is.

Your right a big coincedence, hehe... whatever you do m8 goodluck and god bless.

DefensorFortis
11-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks Scott, who knows what's going to happen. This incident is a spaz attack on NK's part, but big wars have started with small incidents.

Ripcord
11-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I think Kim Jong-Il sees the end of his days fast approaching and wants a last hurrah..
or to bring N. Korea down with him.