PDA

View Full Version : War in Iran

zx6rbernal
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
i was talking to my cousins brother and he informed me that were going into iran and that nobody really nows about it????

ghost
02-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Their are rumors that small covert proxy operations are going on inside Iran. I can see this happening. It wouldn't surprise me. Whether it really is? Well, I don't know for sure.

zx6rbernal
02-27-2009, 01:05 AM
it was probably like 4 days ago when i was talking to him about it and he told me that his friend should have been arriving there any minute. so im pretty sure that something is going to happen.???? i guess were gonna have to see

Cruelbreed
02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
it was probably like 4 days ago when i was talking to him about it and he told me that his friend should have been arriving there any minute. so im pretty sure that something is going to happen.???? i guess were gonna have to see

very interesting.. your friends in the military?

zx6rbernal
02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Yea. i have a bunch of friends in the military. im joining up soon sometime this year.

scoutsout80
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM
And I have some land for sale in lake Havasu with a bridge...

Scott
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
yes msot definatly, there are a few operations going on in iran thats guranteed, with them starting their nuclear plant back up, which has been on debate for a while and iran ignoring all warnings and co-operation with the UN and defence secratery from United States, there will be a war, only time will tell now when our troops will be rolling in and stopping it.

Nuclear is a big threat to humanity as everyone knows you would'nt want kids having a quite a few nuclear warheads and threatening to use them over something silly.

Irans Previous Goverment was understanding and was in talks with the US about 5 years ago now i beleive but since that idiot of a president from iran took over its been nothink but bad news.

zx6rbernal
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
damn to much shiit is happening. but is obama gonna effect the war since he is going to pull out a shit load of troops in 2010????

Cruelbreed
02-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I personally don't think a war with iran is worth it right now.

Scott
02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
not right now no Tavarez but it will be worth it in the future most definatly and i put my money on its its going to be a very big war, bigger then this one right now.

Obama is putting 17 thousand more troops into afghanistan, get shit loads more work done, speed up the process of training and building the Afghan army and ofcourse killing more Insurgents, then pulling out, way to much money has been spent on this war, and with the Money Crisis it is'nt helping.

Not only that they need to save up MASSIVE amounts of money for the future,ofcourse when the war in iran starts it wont just be the US going to the war, your Next door neighbour or should i say brother will give you a helping hand ( us the British ofcourse ).

Cruelbreed
02-28-2009, 09:49 PM
A lot more countries need to go in, I think countries like the U.S. and UK have done a lot.

Scott, can you do me a favor and test out the video embed from apacheclips.. we can embed videos from the main site now.

Scott
02-28-2009, 10:17 PM
yeah definatly m8 more countries need to join in, i know Australia has helped but they didnt exactly bring in alot of troops to help out.

I just tried it 3 times didnt work, i even quoted Starks post to see the code and done the same as he did, i got nothink.

Cruelbreed
02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
yeah definatly m8 more countries need to join in, i know Australia has helped but they didnt exactly bring in alot of troops to help out.

I just tried it 3 times didnt work, i even quoted Starks post to see the code and done the same as he did, i got nothink.

I had the same issue, i'll talk to him.

Yeah australia helped, and even Japan had some troops. Some countries have helped a little it seems.

Scott
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
yeah allittle is good it helps but it does'nt go that far which is a damm shame :(

ghost
03-01-2009, 03:49 AM

Yeah, definitely. More countries should be contributing. The US and the Brits are basically the only major players right now... I'm not saying that they're the only ones contributing, but other countries could/should be helping more than they are.

zx6rbernal
03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah, definitely. More countries should be contributing. The US and the Brits are basically the only major players right now... I'm not saying that they're the only ones contributing, but other countries could/should be helping more than they are.
yea most definately.

Cruelbreed
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
So how'd this turn out ZX?

sr338
03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
It turned out his friends brothers cousin (or whoever told him this) is full of crap.

Scott
03-13-2009, 01:17 PM
yeah ZX any news on your friends progress in iran? im interested to hear about it :)

ghost
03-14-2009, 03:40 AM
I am interested to hear about it, as well. Too bad we have an incompetent and unrealistic glutton for a president:duh:.... so there goes military efficiency...

Cruelbreed
03-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I don't think Obama is that bad. Give it time.

ghost
03-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Tavarez, I would love to see Obama succeed. I just don't think he's realistic enough.

Cruelbreed
03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
back to topic, I don't think we have anything going on in iran. Not worth another war imo.

Blazuhhh
03-16-2009, 01:01 PM
http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/buitenland/2009/03/amerikanen_schieten_iraans_vli.html

Translation:

US shot down Iranian plane.

The US Army shot down an Iranian plane on febuary 25th.
This happened over Iraqi territory. The Iranian plane was unmanned.

"An unmanned Iranian plane crossed the border, which was picked up by an American radar. The Americans intercepted the plane and an American plane shot it down." So said the head of Military Operations at the Iraqi ministry of Defence.

Update 16:53
The American Army is saying that the Iranian plane did not "accidentally" enter Iraqi airspace.

Haven't heared this on any of the newsstations but i think you guys will have better contacts then I do ;)

Cruelbreed
03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
The international herald tribune caught wind of it

U.S. confirms downing Iranian drone over Iraqi territory
By Rod Nordland and Alissa J. Rubin

Monday, March 16, 2009
BAGHDAD: The U.S. military confirmed on Monday that it shot down an Iranian remotely piloted aircraft over Iraqi territory, in what is believed to be the first incident of its type during the war.
‘‘Coalition aircraft shot down an Iranian Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) February 25, 2009, approximately 100 kilometers, 60 miles, northeast of Baghdad,’’ said Col. James Hutton, spokesman for the U.S. military commander in Iraq.
Although that location would put the drone relatively close to the Iran-Iraq border, Colonel Hutton denied speculation that it had simply strayed across the border accidentally.
‘‘This is not true,’’ he said. ‘‘It was in Iraqi airspace and tracked one hour and 10 minutes before it was engaged.’’ Colonel Hutton added that coalition jet fighters shot it down without causing any collateral damage.
The U.S. military has long accused Iran of meddling in Iraqi affairs, arming militants and fueling sectarian strife. In recent months, however, the Iranians have refrained from overtly supplying weapons to Iraqi factions, partly as a show of cooperation with a largely friendly Iraqi government. Reuters quoted Maj. Gen. Abdul Aziz Mohammed Jassim, operations chief at the Iraqi Defense Ministry, as saying he believed the aircraft wandered into Iraqi territory by ‘‘mistake.’’
The drone may well have been more interested in Iranian dissidents in Iraq than in American or Iraqi military operations. The location where it was shot down is not far from Camp Ashraf, where 3,500 followers of the Iranian dissident group People’s Mujahedeen of Iran Organization are based. Camp Ashraf is about 100 kilometers northeast of Baghdad.
Iraqi troops have surrounded the camp in the past week and clashed with refugees there. Iran has long insisted that Iraq close the camp and expel the militants, but U.S. officials have intervened and prevented that. Since January, when the Iraqi military took over security of the area from the Americans, several Iraqi officials have vowed it would soon be closed.
The U.S. military identified the drone as an Ababil-3, an Iranian-developed drone, launched from a truck catapault and recovered by parachute.
It is equipped with onboard video camera and transmission equipment.
The U.S. military also announced that a soldier died Monday from wounds sustained in a combat operation in Baghdad, the first American fatality since March 7.
Five American soldiers have died in Iraq this month. If that rate continues, March will see the lowest level of U.S. casualties since the war began.
Last month, 18 coalition soldiers died, according to Iraq Coalition Casualty Count, a nongovernmental organization that tracks military deaths using Defense Department statistics. It was only the first military fatality reported in Baghdad this month.
Elsewhere in Iraq, violence in Mosul continued, largely blamed on Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia. In the eastern part of the city, a suicide car bomb targeted a police patrol, killing one officer and wounding two others, a security source said. The source added that unknown gunmen killed a woman and wounded her sister at the Tal Afar bus station in west Mosul.
In Kirkuk Province, unknown gunmen attacked a communication tower belonging to Asiacell, a mobile telephone company, killing one guard and wounding another.

http://www.iht.com/bin/printfriendly.php?id=20850810

zx6rbernal
04-06-2009, 09:03 PM
yeah ZX any news on your friends progress in iran? im interested to hear about it :)

i havent talk to him yet. im probably heading up north ina little while to tlak to my cousin about it. until then i will keep an update and see how it is. this turned out to be really helpful thanks guys.