PDA

View Full Version : Soldier refuses return to Iraq

Cruelbreed
02-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Says he supposedly now thinks the war is immoral.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/02/23/soldier.refuses.duty.wbay

sr338
03-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Wow. His unit is deployed. I bet they hate this shitbird. And not because of his chubby wife.

HughesdePayens!oTR3FXiLN
03-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Sounds like he is using that as an excuse.

Cruelbreed
03-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Sounds like he is using that as an excuse.

Agreed, maybe he had a poor experience :P

EXCONservative
03-19-2009, 06:41 AM
as I'm concerned. I served in Afghanistan and I would not want to serve with soldiers who did not want to be there or mentally capable.
He is better off as is his unit without him. The military will have no problem filling his shoes.
He will get what punishment the military gives him and you have to respect his view of the war. I have had serious doubts about the validity of the mission in the Middle East when Our unit saw Osama get away in 2002 with a joke of a force to do the job as well as when Iraq came up empty of W.M.Ds.

This hasn't been easy for most soldiers taking part and it's torn the military community apart on several different levels.

This hasn't been our best chapter in American history. Try to respect all American soldiers who have been involved regardless of what you feel. Easier to judge than to take part.

sr338
03-20-2009, 03:29 AM
With all due respect, you sound like a lot of shitbirds I knew that couldn't wait to get out. I haven't seen it all, but with my TS/SCI I've come across a lot of briefs and files regarding OEF and absolutely nothing to indicate any unit "saw Osama get away".

Who were you with in '02?

shootfirst83
03-21-2009, 03:09 PM
With all due respect, you sound like a lot of shitbirds I knew that couldn't wait to get out. I haven't seen it all, but with my TS/SCI I've come across a lot of briefs and files regarding OEF and absolutely nothing to indicate any unit "saw Osama get away".

Who were you with in '02?

If you want to keep your TS/SCI I would suggest you don't post anything about any brief you've read on a public forum...

EXCONservative
03-21-2009, 07:34 PM
10th Mtn Div 1-87 Inf Bn C Co 3rd Plt...3rd Sqd to be exact. My unit was attached with Special Forces for security and we took part in combat operations from the prison uprising where Johnny Span was killed to Operation Anaconda and the failed attack on Marzak.
We might have owned the skies but we never owned the terrain.
Our fighting force was anemic from the start and we outsourced so much of the fighting that it was later revealed the Bin Laden was able to bribe his way out of the N.Alliance forces sent to contain him.
The failure of the entire operation lies squarely with Rumsfeld for convincing Bush to send the minimum troops to do the job.
If you want to learn more there have been several fact filled books written.
You just have to go out of your way to learn.

ghost
03-22-2009, 12:37 AM
10th Mtn Div 1-87 Inf Bn C Co 3rd Plt...3rd Sqd to be exact. My unit was attached with Special Forces for security and we took part in combat operations from the prison uprising where Johnny Span was killed to Operation Anaconda and the failed attack on Marzak.
We might have owned the skies but we never owned the terrain.
Our fighting force was anemic from the start and we outsourced so much of the fighting that it was later revealed the Bin Laden was able to bribe his way out of the N.Alliance forces sent to contain him.
The failure of the entire operation lies squarely with Rumsfeld for convincing Bush to send the minimum troops to do the job.
If you want to learn more there have been several fact filled books written.
You just have to go out of your way to learn.

Yeah. Politics has a tendency to fuck up military operations.

sr338
03-22-2009, 05:06 AM
So what you're saying is you didn't actually "see Osama get away" or have any solid intel indicating such...