PDA

View Full Version : Rate for Clips to be Featured?

Scott
02-23-2009, 11:29 AM
As the title says, the option is there but no1 uses it at all, the only person that is putting featured clips on is Stark, and the majority of videos are hes, i understand Stark has'nt got the time to go through pages upon pages to get some good videos featured that has good comments and have been rated 4 or 5 stars, its a shame.

hopefully it will change, i hope the new Moderator will take a shed load of starks back :)

this isn't a dig at anyone nor is it intended to offend anyone here.

Cruelbreed
02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I think the answer to that is hopefully to get a lot more users in order get the videos featured. Or get the users we have now to just use the featured buttons =/

Scott
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
well Apacheclips has quite a few registered users here watching videos everyday, sometimes they comment on the video but dont vote, so why have the vote feature if it is'nt being used at all.

Voting is one way to get featured clips but the great option isn't being used, so why not have a team of like 2 or 3 people that go through the clips that are submitted daily, by their judgement should they allow it to be featured or not, a better understanding of what the audience likes aswell will help determind what video should be featured.

my 2 cents.

Cruelbreed
02-23-2009, 10:02 PM
We can do that, infact I was just playing with the moderator options but I stick to the boards by nature as they're more my responsibility. Perhaps we can get some insight into the situation in this thread if it's passed along.

Personally I think the thumbs need to be switched in the opposite direction. I naturally down thumbed a few videos that I meant to up thumb just because it's not intuitive. I believe someones more likely to feel the inclination to vote positively for something then negatively unless it's piss poor. This up thumb, down thumb idea is something i've actually meant to speak with stark about to see if it's necessary for us to swap it.

Scott
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
i think its a good idea, i dont know why people do not vote, the vote is annonymous noone will know that you've voted plus everyone has their own opinion on everything in life :) hopefully things will improve.

the forums are abit more active now, there did your friend jase go by the way?

Cruelbreed
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
i think its a good idea, i dont know why people do not vote, the vote is annonymous noone will know that you've voted plus everyone has their own opinion on everything in life :) hopefully things will improve.

the forums are abit more active now, there did your friend jase go by the way?

Thanks for the advice on improvements scott. No idea where jose went, I guess he's not interested right now which is fine. The forums are a bit more active but we have a long long way to go it seems. I wish more site members made use of the forums.

fotoman
03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
well Apacheclips has quite a few registered users here watching videos everyday, sometimes they comment on the video but dont vote, so why have the vote feature if it is'nt being used at all.

Voting is one way to get featured clips but the great option isn't being used, so why not have a team of like 2 or 3 people that go through the clips that are submitted daily, by their judgement should they allow it to be featured or not, a better understanding of what the audience likes aswell will help determind what video should be featured.

my 2 cents.

Can't agree more, why, why, don' they use the button. Sometimes, I will see 8 comments, and no votes..what the hell.

Cruelbreed
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Is it the position on the page or something else? Personally when I watch videos I now notice I actually scroll past it. Thinking it through, one of the ways to help someone see this is to possibly put the thumbs up and down after the video is completed, if that's even possible.

Scott
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Maybe make the up Thumb ( Yes ) Green and the ( No ) Thumgb Red or something, make it more attractive.

Stark
03-13-2009, 03:24 PM
all good suggestions, I work on it right away

napalmdeath1.0
03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
this isn't a dig at anyone nor is it intended to offend anyone here.

no need to semi-apologize for speaking your mind

napalmdeath1.0
03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
we had 1 or 2 hicups with the new moderator profiles not correctly featuring clips, stark jumped on it and sorted it out, getting more user traffic and streamlining the user experience is important. with the new flash player, we should try and locate the vote buttons on the left hand side, next to the clip it self, i find myself having to sometimes scroll up to vote, below is a crude .jpg of the possible layout

fotoman
03-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Makes good sence to me...

we had 1 or 2 hicups with the new moderator profiles not correctly featuring clips, stark jumped on it and sorted it out, getting more user traffic and streamlining the user experience is important. with the new flash player, we should try and locate the vote buttons on the left hand side, next to the clip it self, i find myself having to sometimes scroll up to vote, below is a crude .jpg of the possible layout